Capture FX opportunities with our enhanced FX board rates and enjoy cash rewards – you'll not only save more through our reduced bid-ask spreads but also enjoy cash rewards with FX transactions amount as little as HKD10,000.
What's more, by hitting the designated cumulative transaction amounts, you'll earn cash rewards of up to HKD800.
Up to HKD800 reward for real-time FX transactions
|Cumulative FX transaction amount||Cash reward|
|Cumulative FX transaction amount||HKD10,000|
|Cumulative FX transaction amount||HKD50,000|
|Cumulative FX transaction amount||HKD200,000|
|Cumulative FX transaction amount||HKD500,000|
Save big with our enhanced FX board rate from now on
Every dollar counts, that's why we have reduced our bid-ask spread of FX board rates by up to 40%2 for transaction amounts below USD25,000 or its equivalent in other currencies.
The spread cut has been automatically reflected in the FX transaction rates for all personal banking customers. You can enjoy these new rates without registration. New rates are not time-bound; you can save more even when exchanging small amount from now on.
Try out our interactive FX calculator to see the indicative savings you can enjoy on your preferred currencies and exchange amounts with our FX board rates.
Upgraded FX platform for an even better currency exchange experience
With the newly upgraded FX platform in our HSBC HK Mobile Banking app, you can enjoy a faster and more convenient FX exchange journey:
- Get real-time FX quotes before making transactions
- Capture FX opportunities easily with the streamlined 'Exchange now' journey
- Enhanced 'Set your target rate' function saves you the hassle of closely monitoring FX price movements
- Keep up to date on currency market with the new 'FX Insight'
The screen displays and the images of the website are for reference and illustration purposes only.
With HSBC Mastercard®Debit Card, staying in control of your global currencies is easier
Whether you're shopping online or overseas, you can use the currencies directly from your account via HSBC Mastercard®Debit Card with no handling fee and hassle.
Tips: You can exchange currencies at a favourable better rate in advance, and also enjoy cash rewards of up to HKD800 for your online shopping and overseas spending later.
The above offers are valid until 30 September 2021. Terms and conditions apply.
- New FX customers mean customers who did not perform any foreign exchange transactions via HSBC during 1 January 2021 to 30 June 2021. Real-time FX trading excludes FX transactions incurred during settlement for FX Order Watch, HSBC Global Transfers, remittance, Mastercard® Debit Card, Time Deposit and/or investments.
- FX bid-ask spread reduction refers to the narrower difference of 'bank sell' and 'bank buy' rates effective from November 2020. The reduced bid-ask spread is applicable to exchange between HKD and 7 major currencies above at amounts below USD25,000 (or its equivalent in other currencies). The spread reduction percentage is rounded off to the nearest integer. It is indicative based on the market rates as of 27 July 2021. It may vary according to market rate changes. The spread reduction percentage may vary slightly across service and product types. The bank reserves the right to change FX rates or the bid-ask spread without prior notice. In case of dispute on FX rates, the Bank's decision shall be final.
Currency conversion risk - the value of your foreign currency and RMB deposits - will be subject to the risk of exchange rate fluctuation. If you choose to convert your foreign currency and RMB deposits to other currencies at an exchange rate that is less favourable than the exchange rate at which you made your original conversion to that foreign currency and RMB, you may suffer a loss in principal.
Making available to you any advertisements, marketing or promotional materials, market information or other information relating to a product or service shall not, by itself, constitute solicitation of the sale or recommendation of any product or service. If you wish to receive solicitation or recommendation from us, please contact us and, where relevant, go through our suitability assessment before transacting.
The information in this material does not constitute a solicitation or recommendation for making any deposit or an offer for the purchase or sale or investment in any products.