Now you can send HKD or RMB to almost anyone in Hong Kong for free1, and you don’t even need their bank account details.
Faster Payment System (FPS) lets you make free1 instant transfers to people and merchants using their mobile number or QR code. You can also generate your own QR code to have others pay you, or have them send money to you via your mobile number, email address or anonymous FPS Identifier.
Making payments just got a whole lot easier
Easy to usePay via a mobile number, email address, FPS Identifier, or by scanning a QR code
Instant paymentMake instant transfers anytime and anywhere
Free1No charges for local transfers made in HKD and RMB
Across different platformsMake payments online or on the go to any participating banks and payment service providers
FPS with HSBC – new and easier ways to transfer money
Sharing bills among friends made simple
Free1 real-time transfers across different banks and platforms
Pay instantly by scanning a QR code
See how FPS can make your life easier
Top 5 frequently asked questions
What is FPS?
Why was my payment to a registered payee rejected? It worked before.
Why do I need to re-register someone to 'My payees'? I had no problem transferring money to them before FPS, and neither of us have even registered for FPS.
Someone tried to transfer money to me but HSBC rejected the payment. They successfully sent me money before, so why was it rejected this time?
When I send money to someone, will I know if the transaction was successful?
- The above FPS features work with HSBC HK App supported mobile devices.
- The screen displays and the images of the website are for reference and illustration purposes only.
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered or in the process of being registered in the US and other countries.
- App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
HSBC adopts the latest internet security measure with the adoption of EV SSL Certificate (Extended Validation SSL Certificate). With this verification certificate in place, you can instantly know you're on a genuine HSBC website. We suggest customer to check the digital certificate with a desktop computer. For more tips on internet security, please click here.