Top up your Octopus Card
Reload your Octopus automatically, and earn RewardCash every time. You can also automatically add Octopus funds for three other people aged 12 or over2.
- Automatically transfer HKD250 or HKD5003 from your credit card onto your Octopus
- Earn credit card RewardCash every time your Octopus is reloaded
- Up to eight weeks' interest-free repayment period
- Fast and simple to apply
- You can now apply for Octopus Automatic Add-Value Service for up to a maximum of three cards
After you apply
Please follow one of the below instructions to activate the AAVS function within 30 days from the issue date of the notification letter:
Octopus card (including watches, ornaments, etc)
- Use compatible Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled mobile device to activate the AAVS function in the Octopus App ; or
- Bring along the original copy of the notification letter, your identification document and the registered Octopus in person to any MTR Customer Service Centers to activate the AAVS function. The notification letter will be retained by the staff after the activation;
Smart Octopus or Octopus Mobile SIM
Download and open the Octopus App to activate the AAVS function.
Extra HKD50 spending rebate for successful Octopus AAVS set-up.
How to apply
Log on and apply (for HKD primary cardholder's AAVS application only)
Download and apply
Download an application form and return it to us at:
8/F, Tower 2 and 3, HSBC Centre,
1 Sham Mong Road, Kowloon
Call (852) 2233 3000
(for HKD primary cardholder's AAVS application only)
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
HSBC Premier Mastercard®
Get instant recognition, personalised services and privileges all over the world.
HSBC Visa Platinum Card
The HSBC Visa Platinum Card offers cardholders a wide range of unsurpassed advantages, instant recognition and exclusive privileges.
1The service is free for all first time applications. A handling fee of HKD20 will be levied for applications switched from other banks or re-activation of AAVS service. The handling fee will be deducted from the newly designated credit card once the application is approved.
2Each of the applicants must apply for the AAVS with an existing Octopus cards or products ("Octopus"). The approval of the application shall be at the discretion of Octopus Cards Limited and the HongKong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ("HSBC").
3Maximum automatic add-value amount for Octopus is HKD250 and HKD500 per card, per day. Should applicants who opt for auto-reloading HKD500 per transaction want to switch to another bank that only provides the option of auto-reloading HKD250 per transaction thereafter, applicants should either change the auto-reloading amount to HKD250 or cancel the AAVS before switching to another bank. Applicants are required to pay Octopus Cards Limited a non-refundable handling fee.