HSBC Family Protector, including the basic plan and the additional benefits of your choice, is a term life insurance plan with no savings element underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited. It is not a bank deposit or bank savings plan.
One plan you can tailor to your needs
Whether you've just started your career, you're newly married or you're looking for protection for your children, our HSBC Family Protector offers life protection and flexible options of additional benefits to meet your needs at different life stages.
- Life coverage of up to HKD7,000,000 with premiums as low as HKD10.932 per day - no medical examinations needed
- Up to 4 additional benefits of your choice on accidental death, critical illness, cancer, child protection, hospital cash, with a total of 84 combinations to choose from!
- Guaranteed fixed premiums for every 10-year period3
- Easy online application with simple steps
【Special Benefits for COVID-19】
We promise to help protect you and your family in times of need. Because of the COVID-19 outbreak, we’re extending a complimentary special benefit to existing and new policyholders, as well as their partners and children. There are no limitations or special requirements on age or premium amount. See benefits details>
- Enjoy a 1-month premium waiver with each additional benefit added to your basic plan. Get up to a 4-month premium waiver by applying for a maximum of 4 additional benefits.*
Ready to apply?
I'm a Personal Internet Banking customer
Select additional benefits of your choice to meet your needs
- Child protection
- Critical illness & cancer protection
- Hospital cash benefit
- Accidental death benefit
Our child protection helps you protect your children against adversities in case of death and prepare for your children's medical needs in the event of cancer and hospitalisation. Details of the benefit:
- Death benefit of HKD500,000 for each of your children in the unfortunate event of his or her death
- Cancer benefit of HKD500,000 for each of your children upon his or her diagnosis of cancer
- Hospital cash benefit of HKD400 per day of hospitalisation for each of your children to support his or her recovery per any one period of the covered disability8
This is only a general summary. For more details and a full list of exclusions, please refer to our Child Protection Policy Provisions. Chat with us using our Live Chat9 service if you have any questions about the coverage and quotes of the additional benefits.
Critical illness & cancer protection
Hospital cash benefit
Accidental death benefit
See how people around you are being protected
Sam, a working dad, non-smoker - 'I am the father of a 3-year-old girl and am expecting a second child with my wife. I want my family to be taken care of in case the unexpected happens.'
Tom, a young professional, non-smoker - 'I'm single, living with my elderly mum. I want her to be taken care of if something were to happen to me.'
Lily, newly married, non-smoker - 'I've recently got married and just bought a flat with a mortgage. I want to make sure my husband can continue living in the family home if anything happens to me.'
The stories are illustrative examples and for reference only.
Instant protection in 3 steps
Step 1: Select the amount of life coverage from HKD1,000,000 to HKD7,000,000 according to your needs - with our HSBC Family Protector basic plan.
Step 2: Answer a few questions to tell us about your health conditions and personal details to apply for the basic plan.
Step 3: You can select up to 4 additional benefits to extend the protection for you and your family right after your application for the basic plan.
Are you eligible?
Here's a checklist to see if you can apply. You'll need to:
- be aged17 between 19 and 60 and
- hold an existing HSBC HKD bank account or HKD credit card and
- apply with the HKID you've used to open your HSBC account
How to open an HSBC bank account online with your mobile? Find out more
Please note, this plan is subject to eligibility restrictions on addresses in US, mainland China and Japan.
Ready to apply？
I'm a Personal Internet Banking customer
Frequently asked questions
What if I change my mind after purchasing the policy? Can I cancel my basic plan or the additional benefits?
Will my health condition affect the premiums after the policy is effective?
If I am expecting a baby, can I purchase the child protection for him/her?
What if I have question about my application?
You may also be interested in
Manage your policy
Manage your policy online
Access your policy details anytime, anywhere on both your HSBC HK Mobile Banking app and our Personal Internet Banking webpage, so you can check your benefits, coverage, premium due dates and much more at your fingertips.
Make a claim
Sometimes life doesn’t go according to plan and you’ll want to make an insurance claim as soon as possible.
Simply call our Tele-Consultants at (852) 3128 0122 who will assist you in preparing your relevant claim request(s).
HSBC Family Protector, including the basic plan and the additional benefits of your choice, is underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority (IA) of the Hong Kong SAR to carry on long term business in Hong Kong SAR, and is intended only for sale in the Hong Kong SAR.
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ('HSBC') is an insurance agent authorised by HSBC Life (International) Limited ('HSBC Life').
- You'll be subject to the credit risk of HSBC Life and your premiums paid will form part of HSBC Life’s assets. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of these assets. Your recourse is against HSBC Life only.
- For monetary disputes arising between HSBC and you out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, HSBC will enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with you; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the product should be resolved between HSBC Life and you directly.
- Please refer to the Product Brochure for detailed features and the policy provisions for the detailed terms and conditions.
HSBC Life (International) Limited is incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability, and is one of the HSBC Group's insurance underwriting subsidiaries.
* This offer applies to both your basic plan and additional benefits after your first month's payment. You can only enjoy this offer if your additional benefits are purchased and approved together with your basic plan.
1 The total sum insured of all the pending and in-force applications or policies issued under HSBC Life (International) Limited ('HSBC Life') for each life insured subject to the simplified underwriting requirements shall not exceed HKD7,000,000 (for life insured aged 50 or below) or HKD3,500,000 (for life insured aged 51 or above). Please note, age refers to the age you'll be on your next birthday. The death benefit equals to the sum insured less outstanding premiums (if any). HSBC Life reserves the right to accept or reject any applications for the plan based on the information provided by the life insured during their application.
2 Based on the sum insured of HKD7,000,000 of a non-smoking female who is 19 years old. Age refers to the age at the next birthday. The figure is subject to rounding adjustment. The actual amount of the premium is decided at the discretion of HSBC Life (International) Limited.
3 Your HSBC Family Protector total monthly premiums, including the basic plan and additional benefits, will stay the same for the first 10 years, then the premiums will be adjusted every 10 years until your policy ends or until you reach the age of 80 - regardless of how the state of your health changes. Please note, age refers to the age you'll be on your next birthday.
5 If any of your nominated beneficiaries fall under the relationship status of grandchildren, grandparents, stepchildren, step parents, step brother, step sister, cohabiting or non-cohabiting partner, you’ll be required to submit the relevant declaration or documents as proof of an insurable relationship between the life insured and the nominated beneficiaries. Please refer to the relevant declaration form for nominating a non-cohabiting partner or the form for all other relationships listed. For more information and requirements you can also visit our 'Love Bonds Us All' page.
8 Disability' or 'disabilities' shall mean injury, sickness, disease or illness and shall include all diabilities arising from the same cause including any and all complications arising therefrom, except that where after 90 days following the latest medical treatment or consultation no further treatment for the said disability is required, any subsequent disability from the same cause shall be considered a separate disability.
10 Based on the protection amount of HKD1,500,000 for the critical illness benefit of a non-smoking female who is 19 years old. Age refers to the age at the next birthday. The figure is subject to rounding adjustment. The actual amount of the premium is decided at the discretion of HSBC Life (International) Limited.
12 Based on the protection amount of HKD1,600 per day of a 19-year-old female. Age refers to the age at the next birthday. The figure is subject to rounding adjustment. The actual amount of the premium is decided at the discretion of HSBC Life (International) Limited.
15 Based on the basic plan sum insured of HKD7,000,000 of a 19-year-old female. The benefit payable for the accidental death benefit is an additional 50% of the basic plan sum insured, which is HKD3,500,000. Age refers to the age at the next birthday. The figure is subject to rounding adjustment. The actual amount of the premium is decided at the discretion of HSBC Life (International) Limited.