It's now easier than ever to invest with us
Our online trading service offers a wide range of investment options, like stocks, bonds, funds and structured products. Eligible HSBC customers aged 18 or above living in Hong Kong can open an investment account in just 6 steps with our Mobile Banking app.
Already a customer? Open an account using our app
- Invest anywhere, anytime – with no need to visit a branch
- See your investments in one place with our wealth dashboard
- Enjoy the peace of mind of using our award-winning platform1
How to start investing
Choose from a range of investment solutions to suit you. Our Investment Account is free to open and maintain, but each product has its own fees.
Monetise your market views with capital-protected and interest-generating options
Bonds and CDs
Enjoy the stability of a steady income with our high-yield bonds and Certificates of deposit(CDs)
Open your account in just 6 steps
- Log on to mobile banking and open the 'Investment' tab
- Choose 'Check my eligibility' to see if you can open an account
- Review your details and choose a settlement account to fund your investments
- Submit a valid proof of address, and a consent form if needed (see our FAQs)
- Take our short questionnaire to determine your financial knowledge
- Review our terms and conditions then submit your application
Once you've opened your account, take our Risk Profiling Questionnaire to find the investment products that suit your needs. You can complete it online or on our Mobile Banking app.
Frequently asked questions
What proofs of address do you accept?
Do I need to complete a consent form?
What if I can't open my account online?
Have you considered
New to HSBC? Apply for a Personal Integrated Account
To start investing, choose our all-in-one account for deposits, cards, insurance and more.
Find the investment products that suit your needs
Tell us your timeline and your objectives and we'll show you the products that could help.
1. Finance Asia awarded HSBC as "HK Best Broker" in 2019; HSBC won top prize for Brokerage Service and Securities Company of the Year at the Bloomberg Businessweek - Financial Institution Awards 2020.
2. Promotional period is from 1 January to 31 December 2020. The offer does not include the 1% brokerage fee, the Securities and Futures Commission Transaction Levy, the Stock Exchange Trading Fee and other Bank charges on local securities services, which continue to be chargeable.
The information shown in this website is neither a recommendation, an offer, nor a solicitation for any investment product or service. Investment involves risk. You should carefully consider whether any investment product or service mentioned herein is appropriate for you in view of your personal circumstances. Past performance is no guide to future performance. Investors should refer to the individual product explanatory memorandum or offering document for further details and risks involved. The price of investment products may move up or down. Losses may be incurred as well as profits made as a result of buying and selling investment products.
The information contained on this website is intended for Hong Kong residents only and should not be construed as a distribution, an offer to sell, or a solicitation to buy any securities in any jurisdiction where such activities would be unlawful under the laws of such jurisdiction, in particular the United States of America.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission.