Get the most out of the Greater Bay Area
Open up a world of opportunities and find your next gateway in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area, also known as the Greater Bay Area (GBA). Whether you explore the GBA for work, business, leisure, education, wealth management or more, HSBC can help.
HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Grand Entrance Rewards
Enjoy the following offers when you open an HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect account and complete designated banking transactions:
- Fund-in offer (Southbound): Rebate up to HKD2,500
- Remittance offer (Northbound): Rebate of HKD800 / RMB720
- 0% Unit Trusts initial subscription charge offer (Southbound)
- HSBC Premier account Fee Waiver offer
Why bank with HSBC in the GBA?
- 150+ years of asset managementServing 40 million customers worldwide
- Extensive global networkCovering 64 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, North America and Latin America
- Strong China expertiseCollaborating closely with our Mainland China cooperating bank HSBC China in HBSC GBA Wealth Connect to open up new opportunities
- "Best international bank for GBA" award and WMCWe're an award-winning team of more than 5,000 professionals and around 60 Wealth Management Centres in the region to provide professional cross-border wealth management services
Asiamoney's Best International Bank for GBA
With our deep roots in Hong Kong, a strong onshore and offshore China franchise, and our global network, we're well-positioned to serve as your bridge between markets – both locally and abroad. Indeed, that's why Asiamoney named us as the Best International Bank for Greater Bay Area (GBA) and Best International Bank for Wealth Management Connect at its inaugural GBA Awards in 2021 and 2022.
Asiamoney Best International Bank for Greater Bay Area (GBA) 2021
Asiamoney Best International Bank for Wealth Management Connect 2022
Bridging the GBA, spanning the globe
Simplified cross-border day-to-day banking
Stay on top of your money, no matter where you are, with our suite of everyday banking solutions.
- Open an overseas account1 in over 30 destinations through our International Banking Centres. For your convenience, you can also open an account in Hong Kong through International Banking Centres in your own home country/region.
- Exchange currencies and transfer funds to any HSBC account around the world any time with Global Transfer, instantly and for free.
- You can also make same-day2 RMB transfers to HSBC Group/branches in mainland China via HSBC Online Banking or the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app. We'll waive the service fee3 for such RMB transfers. You can track your transfers online or on mobile.
Professional wealth solutions
Seize opportunities to build your wealth with our tailored support and cutting-edge technology.
- Capture wealth and investment opportunities, provided by HSBC HK, through a wide variety of investment and wealth management products in Hong Kong and China, including: GBA Wealth Connect, RMB products, funds, structured products, bonds, securities, and more.
- Get personalised wealth planning support from our licensed professionals – a dedicated team of Relationship Managers, Wealth Coaches and other wealth specialists.
- Unlock access to our award-winning Wealth Portfolio Intelligence Service, powered by BlackRock's Aladdin Wealth Technology, to create your most optimal portfolio while managing your risk exposure.
GBA insurance and healthcare
Discover ways we can help you protect yourself against the unforeseen or plan for your future.
- Looking for life insurance that helps you build towards your long-term savings goals? Check out our Ultra Wealth Goal Insurance Plan and Wealth Goal Insurance Plan II.
- Need to set aside funds for your children's future education? See how our annuity plans like Income Goal Insurance Plan II and Flourish Income Annuity Plan can help.
- Did you know that life insurance can be turned into an enduring legacy? Explore our Jade Universal Life Plans or Paramount Global Life Insurance Plan for ways to preserve your wealth and pass on your legacy.
- Need comprehensive medical coverage? Our Voluntary Health Insurance Flexi Plan offers 4 plans covering Hong Kong, mainland China and worldwide.
- Our HSBC TravelSurance offers you more peace of mind with our express claims approval service and 24-hour worldwide assistance service. If you travel between Hong Kong and mainland China frequently, you can opt for a China Medical Card with your Annual MultiTrip TravelSurance to enjoy hospital admission deposit guarantees at designated hospitals in mainland China.
Supporting your cross-border lifestyle needs and goals
For a connected experience in the Greater Bay Area and beyond.
Receive borderless support in HK and GBA
- For cross-border banking enquiries, you can call us on our 24/7 Greater Bay Area customer service hotline on (852) 2233 3399. You can speak to our licensed professionals in Cantonese, Mandarin or English.
- You can also find 24/7 support without borders through 'Chat with us' on the HSBC website or on the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app.
- If you prefer to meet face to face, you can visit us at any of our 150 branches in Hong Kong or 60 Wealth Management Centres in the GBA.
Enrich your GBA knowledge
- Stay up to date with the macro economy and market trends through monthly seminars, insights, house view and weekly newsletters from our in-house wealth experts
- See the latest GBA insights from our WeChat GBA Hub
- Get practical GBA information related to commercial banking and personal banking from Vision Go: Go GBA
Enjoy offers across the GBA
- HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Grand Entrance Rewards
- Enjoy extra rewards and great deals in local and Mainland China spending with HSBC Pulse Credit Card (T&Cs apply. Click here for details)
Comprehensive personal banking and wealth management support across the GBA
HSBC GBA Wealth Connect
HSBC GBA Wealth Connect enables eligible residents in GBA cities4 across mainland China and Hong Kong to invest in wealth management products distributed by us and the mainland China cooperating banks via a closed-loop fund flow channel5.
Through HSBC GBA Wealth Connect, you'll be able to both:
Be the first to learn about all the latest developments in the GBA. Connect with us today for more.
HSBC Pulse Credit Card
Manage your spending at home, in mainland China and beyond on a single card.
- Up to $800 RewardCash welcome offers
- Extra $100 RewardCash upon successful application and making any mobile payment transaction
- Extra $100 RewardCash by using the QR Code Payment function in HSBC Reward+
- Enjoy up to 4.4% exclusive rebate for spending in mainland China and Macau
- Mark-up fee waiver for transactions in renminbi and Macau pataca
GBA Mortgage8 assistance
If you're thinking of purchasing properties in GBA cities – including Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Dongguan, Foshan and Zhong Shan – HSBC Hong Kong can connect you to a mortgage team in mainland China. They'll be able to help you with mortgage enquiries or applications.
For more information, please call our HSBC Greater Bay Area customer service hotline on (852) 2233 3399.
Worldwide status and support no matter where you are
HSBC Jade Passport
Get the same unparalleled access to Jade preferential rates and exclusive privileges in the Greater Bay Area. Exclusively for HSBC Jade clients.
Worldwide Premier status
As an HSBC Premier customer, you and your family can enjoy seamless support with your worldwide HSBC Premier status.
International Banking Centre
Whether you need to open an overseas account, grow your international property portfolio or arrange for your child's education abroad, we make global banking easy.
Get the latest
Be the first to know about all the latest developments and the Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect Pilot Scheme in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA) developments, as well as our services.
Want to learn more?
Scan the QR code to go to the HSBC HK WeChat account where you can find the latest GBA insights. Please note, by scanning the QR code, you will be directed to a third-party platform where information is available in simplified Chinese only.
For other enquiries
Frequently asked questions
How can I update my HSBC HK account information such as ID or address when I am not in Hong Kong?
How can I check the delivery status of my HSBC HK bank card or Security Device?
How can I download the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app?
I have forgotten my username and password / memorable answer. What do I do now?
I still have other questions, what do I do now?
If my HSBC China account becomes inactive or is suspended temporarily, what should I do?
If my HSBC HK account becomes inactive or is suspended temporarily, what should I do?
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
The information under Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect are based on "Implementation Arrangements for the Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect Pilot Scheme in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area" released by the and Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) on 10 Sep 2021 and information on the HKMA website. They are not descriptions of our current services. Applicable laws and regulations in relation to the Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect Pilot Scheme in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area may change from time to time and the information above may be subject to change if the applicable regulations and laws change. For more information, please visit HKMA website.
The above contents are for information only. All services provided by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (the “Bank”) are subject to the prevailing applicable terms and conditions. In case of any discrepancies or inconsistencies between the information from this document and the applicable terms and conditions, laws and regulations, the latter shall apply and prevail. The Bank is not responsible for any loss, damage or other consequences of any kind that you may incur or suffer as a result of, arising from or relating to your use or reliance of the information in this document. This document and any information or advertisements made available to you are not intended to provide investment advice and do not constitute a solicitation or recommendation for the making of any deposit or investment or subscribing for any service. The Bank gives no guarantee, representation or warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of such information.
Investments involves risks.
Disclaimer for HSBC China:
HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited (“HSBC China”) is our cooperating bank in mainland China for HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Services. HSBC China was incorporated in mainland China and is not an authorized institution in Hong Kong as defined in the Hong Kong Banking Ordinance and is not subject to the supervision of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. HSBC China cannot carry on any banking business or business of taking deposits in Hong Kong. Any deposits maintained with HSBC China are not protected under the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
Disclaimer for GBA insurance and healthcare (exclude TravelSurance):
The above insurance products are underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited ("HSBC Life") HSBC and are intended only for sale in the Hong Kong SAR. They are not a bank deposit or bank savings plan. Please refer to the product brochure for detailed features and the policy provisions for the detailed terms and conditions. Policyholders are subject to the credit risk of HSBC Life and early surrender loss.
Disclaimer for TravelSurance:
The TravelSurance policy is underwritten by AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Limited ("AXA"), which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority of the Hong Kong SAR. AXA will be responsible for providing your insurance coverage and handling claims under your policy. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited is registered in accordance with the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41 of the Laws of Hong Kong) as an insurance agency of AXA for distribution of general insurance products in the Hong Kong SAR. General insurance plans are products of AXA but not HSBC.
For monetary disputes arising between HSBC and you out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction by HSBC, HSBC will enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with you. On the other hand, for any disputes over the terms and conditions of your policy, AXA will resolve with you directly.
1. Overseas account opening applications will be processed by and subject to approval by the overseas HSBC group entities.
2. The RMB transfer will be processed on the same day if (i) submitted during business hours (8:15am to 4:00pm, Mondays to Fridays, excluding Hong Kong public holidays), (ii) all RMB transfer instructions are correct, including but not limited to the correct account name, account number, SWIFT Bank Identifier Code (BIC) of the payee bank, and (iii) no currency exchange or follow-up action is needed from HSBC. The processing of these instructions is also subject to the schedule of the Renminbi clearing bank.
3. The local handling charge for each outward telegraphic transfer issued will be waived for RMB telegraphic transfers issued to HSBC Group/branches in mainland China via HSBC Online and Mobile Banking. Additional charges may be levied by other banks. Please refer to fees and charges for details.
4. The 9 Greater Bay Area cities within mainland China refer to Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Zhongshan, Dongguan, Huizhou, Jiangmen and Zhaoqing.
5. Under the HSBC GBA Wealth Connect services, cross-border remittance must be conducted between the paired dedicated investment and remittance accounts maintained with us and HSBC China.
6. The usage of individual investor quota subject to a cap of RMB1 million and is calculated as follows:
a. Usage of individual investor quota under the Southbound services = cumulative remittances from mainland China to Hong Kong and Macao under the Southbound services – cumulative remittances from Hong Kong and Macao back to mainland China under the Southbound services
b. Usage of individual investor quota under the Northbound services = cumulative remittances to mainland China under the Northbound services – cumulative remittances from mainland China under the Northbound services
7. We will check the usage of the aggregate quota before accepting remittances to ensure that the net remittance under the Northbound services or Southbound services does not exceed the relevant aggregate quota. Instructions for remittances from the mainland China to Hong Kong under the Southbound services or from Hong Kong to mainland China under the Northbound services may be put on hold as a result of the relevant aggregate quota being used up.
8. GBA mortgage applications will be processed by and subject to the approval of the HSBC group entity in the area in which the property is located.