Get the most out of the Greater Bay Area
We'll provide connectivity and advisory services, and innovative, all-rounded financial banking solutions to help businesses of all sizes and across different industries maximise their business' potential and expand into new markets in the GBA and beyond.
Plus, you can access our personal and commercial digital banking support 24/7, whether you're on-the-go or at home, within the GBA or even overseas.
Asiamoney's Best International Bank for GBA
With our deep roots in Hong Kong, a strong onshore and offshore China franchise and our global network, we're well-positioned to serve as your bridge between markets – both locally and abroad. Indeed, that's why Asiamoney named us as the Best International Bank for Greater Bay Area (GBA) at its inaugural GBA Awards in 2021.
Comprehensive personal banking and wealth management support across the GBA
Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect
The Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect Pilot Scheme in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA) is a key initiative to strengthen a more convenient flow of funds between the capital markets of Hong Kong, Macau and mainland China.
This scheme lets eligible residents in mainland GBA cities, Hong Kong and Macau invest in wealth management products in each other's market via a closed loop funds flow1. The implementation arrangements of the Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect was officially announced on 10 September 2021.
Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect consists of both the Southbound and Northbound scheme. The aggregate investment quota is RMB150 billion each for both the Southbound and the Northbound. Individual investors each have an investment quota of RMB1 million.
Eligible residents in mainland Greater Bay Area (GBA) cities can invest in eligible investment products distributed by banks in Hong Kong. They can do so by opening designated investment accounts with participating banks in Hong Kong.
You are eligible for the Southbound scheme if you:
- have full civil capacity2
- have a household registered in any of the 9 mainland GBA cities or you are a resident who has paid social security or personal income tax for 5 consecutive years in any of the GBA cities (Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Zhuhai, Foshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing and Huizhou)
- have at least 2 years of investment experience and, at the end of each month over the past 3 months, held:
- financial net assets of no less than RMB1 million
- household financial assets of no less than RMB2 million
- invest in your own personal capacity (not in a joint-name or corporate capacity)
- are not a vulnerable customer, as assessed by banks in Hong Kong3
Eligible wealth management products
Non-complex funds carrying low to medium risk, domiciled in Hong Kong and authorised by the SFC
Non-complex bonds carrying low to medium risk
- Renminbi, Hong Kong dollar and foreign currency deposits
Eg US dollar, Australian dollar, Canadian dollar, Swiss franc, euro, Japanese yen, UK pound sterling, New Zealand dollar and Singapore dollar
Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect is another crucial scheme in promoting cross-border investment, following the Bond Connect, Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect and Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect. We aim to keep supporting our customers in seizing international investment opportunities through outstanding services.
HSBC Pulse Credit Card
Worldwide status and support no matter where you are
HSBC Jade Passport
Get the same unparalleled access to Jade preferential rates and exclusive privileges in the Greater Bay Area. Exclusively for HSBC Jade clients.
Worldwide Premier status
As an HSBC Premier customer, you and your family can enjoy seamless support with your worldwide HSBC Premier status.
Your response will help us connect you more effectively with the vista of GBA opportunities out there.
Frequently asked questions
How can I update my HSBC HK account information such as ID or address when I am not in Hong Kong?
How can I check the delivery status of my HSBC HK bank card or Security Device?
How can I download the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app?
I have forgotten my username and password / memorable answer. What do I do now?
I still have other questions, what do I do now?
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
The information under Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect are based on “Implementation Arrangements for the Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect Pilot Scheme in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area” released by the and Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) on 10 Sep 2021 and information on the HKMA website. They are not descriptions of our current services. Applicable laws and regulations in relation to the Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect Pilot Scheme in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area may change from time to time and the information above may be subject to change if the applicable regulations and laws change. For more information, please visit HKMA website.
The above contents are for information only. All services provided by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (the “Bank”) are subject to the prevailing applicable terms and conditions. In case of any discrepancies or inconsistencies between the information from this document and the applicable terms and conditions, laws and regulations, the latter shall apply and prevail. The Bank is not responsible for any loss, damage or other consequences of any kind that you may incur or suffer as a result of, arising from or relating to your use or reliance of the information in this document. This document and any information or advertisements made available to you are not intended to provide investment advice and do not constitute a solicitation or recommendation for the making of any deposit or investment or subscribing for any service. The Bank gives no guarantee, representation or warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of such information.
Investments involves risks.
1. Under the Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect Scheme, cross-border remittance must be conducted between the paired dedicated investment and remittance accounts maintained in Hong Kong and mainland China.
3. Vulnerable customer refers to a customer whose ability to understand the associated risks of his/her investment and withstand the potential losses of the investment is limited. In determining whether a customer is a vulnerable customer, banks will take a holistic view of the circumstances of the customer, including the level of financial sophistication (e.g. investment experience), the state of mind (e.g. ability to make investment decision) and the level of wealth.