Get the most out of the Greater Bay Area
HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Grand Entrance Rewards
Enjoy the following offers when you open an HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect account and complete designated banking transactions:
- Fund-in offer (Southbound): Rebate up to HKD3,000
- Remittance offer (Northbound): Rebate of HKD300 / RMB240
- 0% Unit Trusts initial subscription charge offer (Southbound)
- HSBC Premier account Fee Waiver offer
Terms and conditions apply
Why bank with HSBC in the GBA?
150+ years of asset management
Serving 40 million customers worldwide
Extensive global network
Covering 64 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa, North America and Latin America
Strong China expertise
Collaborating closely with our Mainland China cooperating bank HSBC China in HBSC GBA Wealth Connect to open up new opportunities
"Best international bank for GBA" award and WMC
We're an award-winning team of more than 5,000 professionals and around 60 Wealth Management Centres in the region to provide professional cross-border wealth management services
Asiamoney's Best International Bank for GBA
With our deep roots in Hong Kong, a strong onshore and offshore China franchise, and our global network, we're well-positioned to serve as your bridge between markets – both locally and abroad. Indeed, that's why Asiamoney named us as the Best International Bank for Greater Bay Area (GBA) and Best International Bank for Wealth Management Connect at its inaugural GBA Awards in 2021 and 2022.
Asiamoney Best International Bank for Greater Bay Area (GBA) 2021
Asiamoney Best International Bank for Wealth Management Connect 2022
Bridging the GBA, spanning the globe
Simplified cross-border day-to-day banking
Exchange currencies and transfer funds to any HSBC account around the world any time with Global Transfer, instantly and for free.
Professional wealth solutions
Capture wealth and investment opportunities, provided by HSBC HK, through a wide variety of investment and wealth management products in Hong Kong and China, including: GBA Wealth Connect, RMB products, funds, structured products, bonds, securities, and more.
Get personalised wealth planning support from our licensed professionals – a dedicated team of Relationship Managers, Wealth Coaches and other wealth specialists.
Unlock access to our award-winning Wealth Portfolio Intelligence Service, powered by BlackRock's Aladdin Wealth Technology, to create your most optimal portfolio while managing your risk exposure.
GBA insurance and healthcare
Need comprehensive medical coverage? Our Voluntary Health Insurance Flexi Plan offers 4 plans covering Hong Kong, mainland China and worldwide.
Our HSBC TravelSurance offers you more peace of mind with our express claims approval service and 24-hour worldwide assistance service. If you travel between Hong Kong and mainland China frequently, you can opt for a China Medical Card with your Annual MultiTrip TravelSurance to enjoy hospital admission deposit guarantees at designated hospitals in mainland China.
Supporting your cross-border lifestyle needs and goals
For a connected experience in the Greater Bay Area and beyond.
Receive borderless support in HK and GBA
- For cross-border banking enquiries, you can call us on our 24/7 Greater Bay Area customer service hotline on (852) 2233 3399. You can speak to our licensed professionals in Cantonese, Mandarin or English.
- You can also find 24/7 support without borders through 'Chat with us' on the HSBC website or on the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app.
- If you prefer to meet face to face, you can visit us at any of our 150 branches in Hong Kong or 60 Wealth Management Centres in the GBA.
Enrich your GBA knowledge
- Stay up to date with the macro economy and market trends through monthly seminars, insights, house view and weekly newsletters from our in-house wealth experts
- See the latest GBA insights from our WeChat GBA Hub
- Get practical GBA information related to commercial banking and personal banking from Vision Go: Go GBA
Enjoy offers across the GBA
- HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Grand Entrance Rewards
- Enjoy extra rewards and great deals in local and Mainland China spending with HSBC Pulse Credit Card (T&Cs apply. Click here for details)
Comprehensive personal banking and wealth management support across the GBA
HSBC GBA Wealth Connect
HSBC GBA Wealth Connect enables eligible residents in GBA cities4 across mainland China and Hong Kong to invest in wealth management products distributed by us and HSBC China via a closed-loop fund flow channel5.
Through HSBC GBA Wealth Connect, you'll be able to both:
HSBC Pulse Credit Card
Worldwide status and support no matter where you are
HSBC Jade Passport
Get the same unparalleled access to Jade preferential rates and exclusive privileges in the Greater Bay Area. Exclusively for HSBC Jade clients.
Worldwide Premier status
As an HSBC Premier customer, you and your family can enjoy seamless support with your worldwide HSBC Premier status.
Get the latest
Want to learn more?
For other enquiries
Frequently asked questions
How can I update my HSBC HK account information such as ID or address when I am not in Hong Kong?
How can I check the delivery status of my HSBC HK bank card or Security Device?
How can I download the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app?
I have forgotten my username and password / memorable answer. What do I do now?
I still have other questions, what do I do now?
If my HSBC China account becomes inactive or is suspended temporarily, what should I do?
If my HSBC HK account becomes inactive or is suspended temporarily, what should I do?
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
The information under Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect are based on "Implementation Arrangements for the Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect Pilot Scheme in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area" released by the and Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) on 10 Sep 2021 and information on the HKMA website. They are not descriptions of our current services. Applicable laws and regulations in relation to the Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect Pilot Scheme in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area may change from time to time and the information above may be subject to change if the applicable regulations and laws change. For more information, please visit HKMA website.
The above contents are for information only. All services provided by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (the “Bank”) are subject to the prevailing applicable terms and conditions. In case of any discrepancies or inconsistencies between the information from this document and the applicable terms and conditions, laws and regulations, the latter shall apply and prevail. The Bank is not responsible for any loss, damage or other consequences of any kind that you may incur or suffer as a result of, arising from or relating to your use or reliance of the information in this document. This document and any information or advertisements made available to you are not intended to provide investment advice and do not constitute a solicitation or recommendation for the making of any deposit or investment or subscribing for any service. The Bank gives no guarantee, representation or warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of such information.
Investments involves risks.
Disclaimer for HSBC China:
HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited (“HSBC China”) is our cooperating bank in mainland China for HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Services. HSBC China was incorporated in mainland China and is not an authorized institution in Hong Kong as defined in the Hong Kong Banking Ordinance and is not subject to the supervision of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. HSBC China cannot carry on any banking business or business of taking deposits in Hong Kong. Any deposits maintained with HSBC China are not protected under the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
Disclaimer for GBA insurance and healthcare (exclude TravelSurance):
The above insurance products are underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited ("HSBC Life") HSBC and are intended only for sale in the Hong Kong SAR. They are not a bank deposit or bank savings plan. Please refer to the product brochure for detailed features and the policy provisions for the detailed terms and conditions. Policyholders are subject to the credit risk of HSBC Life and early surrender loss.
Disclaimer for TravelSurance:
The TravelSurance policy is underwritten by AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Limited ("AXA"), which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority of the Hong Kong SAR. AXA will be responsible for providing your insurance coverage and handling claims under your policy. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited is registered in accordance with the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41 of the Laws of Hong Kong) as an insurance agency of AXA for distribution of general insurance products in the Hong Kong SAR. General insurance plans are products of AXA but not HSBC.
For monetary disputes arising between HSBC and you out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction by HSBC, HSBC will enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with you. On the other hand, for any disputes over the terms and conditions of your policy, AXA will resolve with you directly.
2. The RMB transfer will be processed on the same day if (i) submitted during business hours (8:15am to 4:00pm, Mondays to Fridays, excluding Hong Kong public holidays), (ii) all RMB transfer instructions are correct, including but not limited to the correct account name, account number, SWIFT Bank Identifier Code (BIC) of the payee bank, and (iii) no currency exchange or follow-up action is needed from HSBC. The processing of these instructions is also subject to the schedule of the Renminbi clearing bank.
3. The local handling charge for each outward telegraphic transfer issued will be waived for RMB telegraphic transfers issued to HSBC Group/branches in mainland China via HSBC Online and Mobile Banking. Additional charges may be levied by other banks. Please refer to fees and charges for details.
a. Usage of individual investor quota under the Southbound services = cumulative remittances from mainland China to Hong Kong and Macao under the Southbound services – cumulative remittances from Hong Kong and Macao back to mainland China under the Southbound services
b. Usage of individual investor quota under the Northbound services = cumulative remittances to mainland China under the Northbound services – cumulative remittances from mainland China under the Northbound services
7. We will check the usage of the aggregate quota before accepting remittances to ensure that the net remittance under the Northbound services or Southbound services does not exceed the relevant aggregate quota. Instructions for remittances from the mainland China to Hong Kong under the Southbound services or from Hong Kong to mainland China under the Northbound services may be put on hold as a result of the relevant aggregate quota being used up.