- Trade currencies 24 hours online and over the phone
- Manage up to 11 major foreign currencies in a single account
- Use FX Order Watch to set up a target foreign exchange rate to convert funds automatically
How to invest
Make a foreign exchange transaction or trade through HSBC Personal Internet Banking
Not a HSBC Personal Internet Banking user?
Explore FX products
HSBC’s 24-Hour Foreign Exchange Service
Trade currencies to gain potentially higher interest returns and capital appreciation by holding non-HKD currencies.
Top 3 benefits
Manage up to 11 major currencies at a competitive currency exchange rate2
FX Order Watch Trading Services2
HSBC Premier or HSBC Advance customers can set your own target exchange rate to convert funds and receive alert when the designated rate is hit.
Top 3 benefits
Monitor live rate streams 24 hours a day and 5.5 days a week, with all limit orders and rate alerts executed automatically when the target rate is reached
Support cross rate between any combination of the 11 major currencies
Provide real time market data and FX news including market spot reference and historical trend chart, technical analysis, and FX news and economic indicators
HSBC Global View and Global Transfers5
See all of your HSBC accounts in one place and make near real time transfers between them.
Top 3 benefits
View the balances of your HSBC accounts on one screen
Make instant transfers5 between eligible self-named or to third-party HSBC accounts abroad through online banking or HSBC HK Mobile Banking app
Preferential rates on foreign exchange transactions
Transfers and Payments
Save time and effort by completing transactions from home anytime.
Top 3 benefits
Secure and convenient local and international money transfers to any bank account
Pay more than 700 merchants including utilities, telephone, government and charities online using your HSBC bank account or credit card anytime
Make regular payments or send fund to a third party with autoPay and Standing instructions
ForEx/Renminbi Switching Services6
DisclaimerExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
- It will be processed on the transfer date as specified in your instruction subject to the following:
If you wish to process a transfer (exclude USD/CombiNation Passbook Savings) on the same day you place it, please submit the instruction from Monday 5am to Saturday 4:59am or Saturday 8am to 4:30pm. If you wish to process a transfer to USD/CombiNation Passbook Savings accounts on the same day you place it, please submit the instruction from Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm or Saturday 8am to 4:30pm. Please note that same day transfer cannot be processed on 1 January, 25 December, 12 midnight to 7:59 am on 26 December and 2 January.
If your forward-dated instruction falls on a business day on which the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon #8 or above Signal is hoisted, your said instruction may be processed on the same day or the next business day depending on whether the Signal is lowered that day and if so, at what hours. Please always check your HSBC personal internet banking email box for the status of your transaction. The reference to "business day" means a day, other than a Sunday or public holiday, on which banks are open for general business in Hong Kong.
- Major currencies include Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, New Zealand Dollar, Pound Sterling, Singapore Dollar, Swiss Franc, Thai Baht, US Dollar, and Renminbi.
- For order submitted at or before 15:00 HKT on any business day (Monday to Friday, except Public Holidays), the earliest collection day will be the following business day. Withdrawal in cash is subject to the availability of that foreign currency on the collection day at your preferred HSBC Premier Centre.
- Major currencies include Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, New Zealand Dollar, Pound Sterling, Singapore Dollar, Thai Baht, US Dollar, and Renminbi.
- HSBC Global Transfers is exclusively available to HSBC Jade, Premier and Advance customers. Global Transfers services are free of charge to Jade and Premier customers exclusively. Third party remittances via HSBC Global Transfer is available to Australia, China, Singapore, the UK. This service will be extended to other countries and regions soon.
- ForEx Switching service/Renminbi Switching Service is available only to HSBC Premier, HSBC Advance, Personal Integrated Account customers, Renminbi Savings Account, HK Dollar Statement Savings Account and CombiNations Statement Savings Account customers.