Foreign Exchange and Trading
Meet your foreign currency needs for traveling, investing, living or studying abroad, or earn potential returns via currency trading. You can trade currencies to gain potentially higher interest returns and capital appreciation by holding non-HKD currencies.
Foreign Exchange / Time Deposit New Fund Offers
Enjoy +1% p.a. bonus rate on top of prevailing rates by converting and placing time deposit with HKD30,000 (or equivalent) or above with New Funds. Up to 10.8% p.a. (applicable to designated currency)
Remark: The above interest rates are indicative as of 6 July 2020. They are not guaranteed and maybe subject to revision, as per prevailing market condition.
One-stop service to manage your FX
- Buy/sell foreign currencies with preferential rates
- Set up FX Order Watch
- Transfer currencies using Global Transfer4
Make life easier with the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app
Benefit from our priviledged services
- Skip the queue and withdraw RMB, JPY, USD and EUR around the clock from one of our foreign currency ATM
- HSBC Jade and HSBC Premier customers can also pre-order foreign currency online and collect at their preferred HSBC Premier Centre
- HSBC Jade clients can also make use of the exclusive HSBC Jade Mastercard debit card, and use 12 different currencies to settle transactions at no additional fee. Find out more
Put your money to work
- Get a better interest rate than a savings account on your foreign currency with our Time Deposits
- Make use of our FX insights to keep up to date on currency movements and directions
- Invest in other investment products to capture opportunities from exchange rate movements and diversify your portfolio
Don't have the HSBC HK App? Download now to stay on top of your finances even when you're on the go.
- It will be processed on the transfer date as specified in your instruction subject to the following:
If you wish to process a transfer (exclude USD / CombiNation Passbook Savings) on the same day you place it, please submit the instruction from Monday 5am to Saturday 4:59am or Saturday 8am to 4:30pm. If you wish to process a transfer to USD / CombiNation Passbook Savings accounts on the same day you place it, please submit the instruction from Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm or Saturday 8am to 4:30pm. Please note that same day transfer cannot be processed on 1 January, 25 December, 12 midnight to 7:59 am on 26 December and 2 January.
If your forward-dated instruction falls on a business day on which the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon #8 or above Signal is hoisted, your said instruction may be processed on the same day or the next business day depending on whether the Signal is lowered that day and if so, at what hours. Please always check your HSBC Personal Internet Banking email box for the status of your transaction. The reference to "business day" means a day, other than a Sunday or public holiday, on which banks are open for general business in Hong Kong.
- Major currencies include Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, New Zealand Dollar, Pound Sterling, Singapore Dollar, Swiss Franc, Thai Baht, US Dollar, and Renminbi.
- FX Order Watch Trading Services is exclusively provided to HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance customers only.
- HSBC Global Transfers is an instant transfer to self-named or third-party overseas HSBC accounts exclusively available to HSBC Jade, Premier and Advance customers. It is free of charge to Jade and Premier customers exclusively. Please refer to "HSBC Global Transfers Supported Countries and Fee Tariff" for the list of supported countries.