Foreign exchanges made easy, online and on mobile
We offer a wide range of services that cater to your foreign exchange (FX) needs, including real-time exchanges, overseas remittances, investments to grow your money and FX for your travels.
Exchange currencies with ease
Make 24/7 exchanges for up to 11 major currencies[@24x7currencyexchange] online or on mobile, and learn how our Order Watch service[@fxorderwatch] saves you the hassle of watching the market
Shop and spend abroad confidently
Enjoy more perks with our HSBC Mastercard® Debit Card; order foreign currencies online and collect them at a branch[@currencycollection] before travelling, or withdraw 4 major currencies from our foreign currency ATMs
Global banking at your fingertips
Make free, instant transfers to HSBC worldwide through our HSBC Global Transfers service[@hsbcglobaltransfers]
Put your money to work
Explore our foreign currency time deposits and investment products or stay on top of the latest currency movements with our FX insights
Win your dream trip now
Get a lucky draw chance for every HKD10,000 of FX txns to win air tickets and hotel accommodation! Enjoy a 0.6% cash rebate when you exchange HKD to GBP, EUR, CAD, AUD, NZD, JPY or SGD and get an extra 0.4% cash rebate for spending with an HSBC Mastercard® Debit Card, up to a 1% cash rebate in total!
Foreign exchange for all your needs
Exchange currencies anytime[@24x7currencyexchange]
- Manage and trade up to 11 major currencies[@24x7currencyexchange] with our all-in-one multi-currency accounts
- Trade currencies wherever and whenever, on mobile or online
- See how you can use our FX Order Watch service[@fxorderwatch] to set target rates—we'll notify you or help you convert the money[@24x7currencyexchange] once your target rate is reached, without any handling fees or hassle
Transfer money overseas
- Make free[@hsbcglobaltransfers], instant transfers to HSBC accounts worldwide through our HSBC Global Transfers service
- Send money to other overseas accounts in over 200 countries and territories and more than 40 different currencies through our Telegraphic Transfer service via HSBC Online Banking or the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app
Spend and withdraw foreign currencies easily
- Get the HSBC Mastercard® Debit Card to enjoy fee-free privileges and to debit directly from foreign currencies in your HSBC account; what's more, get an additional 0.4% cash rebate when you spend online or overseas
- Withdraw RMB, JPY, USD or EUR at any of our foreign currency ATMs across Hong Kong or visit our branches for other currencies
- HSBC Jade and HSBC Premier customers can also preorder foreign currencies online and collect them at their nearest HSBC Premier or Jade Centre[@currencycollection]
Grow foreign currency at a better interest rate
- Enjoy a deposit interest rate of up to 13% p.a. when you exchange currencies and place them in a 1-week time deposit via the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app. T&Cs apply.
Latest FX insights
Daily FX Focus
Your daily dose of FX updates, where we give you the latest major currency directions
Exchange rate calculator
The calculator uses the latest board rates for major foreign currency pairings. To see what preferential rates are available to you, please log on
Download the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app now
One app for all your FX needs
Simply log on to the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app to start trading currencies on the go.
Learn more about the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app
Ready to start trading?
Trade currencies online
Log on to HSBC Online Banking to trade currencies 24/7.
Don't have an HSBC account?
You can open one via the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app to start using our foreign exchange services in minutes.
Find out more
How do I invest in foreign currencies with HSBC?
How do I access the latest FX updates and house views as a customer?
Can I exchange currencies 24/7 in real time?
To learn more about investing in foreign currencies with HSBC, check out our investment FAQs.
You may also interested in
Bonds / Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
Enjoy stable interest income through investing in bonds and certificates of deposit (CDs)
Currency conversion risk: the value of your foreign currency and RMB deposit will be subject to the risk of exchange rate fluctuation. If you choose to convert your foreign currency and RMB deposit to other currencies at an exchange rate that is less favourable than the exchange rate in which you made your original conversion to that foreign currency and RMB, you may suffer loss in principal.