Quick cash withdrawals at your fingertips
Get ready to withdraw on the go
Set up cash withdrawal instructions in advance with the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app3.
Shorten time spent at the ATM
Simply generate and scan a QR code at the ATM to get your cash—all in a flash and with less physical contact at the ATM!
Keep your cards and cash safe
Say goodbye to risks such as card skimming or exposing your ATM PIN. All you need to get cash out is the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app4.
Easy access across the city
Withdraw cash at any local HSBC and Hang Seng ATMs or multi-function machines (MFMs) city-wide.
How to use Mobile Cash Withdrawal
Log on to get started
Log on to the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app. Go to 'Pay & Transfer', or stay on 'Home' and scroll down to 'Explore products and services', to find Mobile Cash Withdrawal.
Enter your instructions
Go to an HSBC Group ATM1
Simply press the 'Mobile Cash Withdrawal' button on the ATM to generate a QR code.
Scan the QR code displayed
Use your mobile device to scan the QR code on the ATM screen.
Complete your cash withdrawal
Follow the steps on the ATM screen and you're all set!
Can I use Mobile Cash Withdrawal?
You can use Mobile Cash Withdrawal if you hold any of the following accounts:
- HSBC Integrated account
- HKD Current account
- HKD Savings account
- HKD Statement Savings account
- Cash Card account
- Super Ease account
- University Student account
Seamless withdrawals no matter your bank
Even if you're not an HSBC customer, you can use your bank's mobile app to withdraw cash at any HSBC ATM if your bank supports UnionPay QR code cash withdrawals. Such withdrawals will be processed via the UnionPay ATM network. Please check with your bank about any service charges that may apply.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Is there a fee for using Mobile Cash Withdrawal?
Can I make a Mobile Cash Withdrawal at other banks using the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app?
Good to know
- Mobile Cash Withdrawal is available at all HSBC and Hang Seng ATMs and multi-function machines (MFMs) in Hong Kong, for HKD cash withdrawals.
- Only HKD cash withdrawals can be made with Mobile Cash Withdrawal.
- Once you have entered your Mobile Cash Withdrawal instructions on the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app, they will be valid for 10 minutes only. You will need to scan the QR code on the ATM within these 10 minutes or start a new set of instructions.
- For security purposes, you need to log on to the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app with your Mobile Security Key or biometric authentication.
- You can use Mobile Cash Withdrawal to withdraw up to your small-value payment limit, which is capped at HKD10,000 per day and shared by small value transfers such as FPS and non-registered payee transfers. If you need to withdraw a higher amount or use other services that are subject to your small-value payment limit, you can consider using other means of withdrawal or transfer instead, such as your physical cards.
- You will need to set up your small-value payment limit to use Mobile Cash Withdrawal if you are using the feature for the first time, if you have not set your limit yet or if your limit is set to zero.
- Mobile Cash Withdrawal transactions are governed by our Online and Mobile Banking Terms, the General Terms and Conditions, and Integrated Account Terms and Conditions. By using this feature, you confirm that you agree to be bound by them.
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
- QR Code is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated.
- The screen displays are for reference and illustration purposes only.