A few quick taps, then scan and go!
Enter your cash withdrawal instructions in just a few steps on the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app. Then scan a QR code at any HSBC Group ATM in Hong Kong – including Hang Seng ATMs – to make your withdrawal1. You can also get cash from non-HSBC Group ATMs in Hong Kong and mainland China that support the UnionPay QR Code Withdrawal service2!
Quick cash withdrawals at your fingertips
- Get ready to withdraw on the goSet up cash withdrawal instructions in advance with the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app3.
- Shorten time spent at the ATMSimply generate and scan a QR code at the ATM to get your cash—all in a flash and with less physical contact at the ATM!
- Keep your cards and cash safeSay goodbye to risks such as card skimming. All you need to get cash out is the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app4.
- Access cash conveniently across the cityWithdraw cash at any local HSBC and Hang Seng ATM or multi-function machine (MFM) or supported non-HSBC Group ATMs city-wide.
- Supporting your cross-border needsWithdraw RMB easily at non-HSBC Group ATMs that support UnionPay QR Code Withdrawal in mainland China.
How to use Mobile Cash Withdrawal
Log on to get started
Select 'Mobile Cash Withdrawal' directly from the bottom of your log on screen. Or after logging on, go to 'Pay & Transfer'. You can also stay on 'Home' and scroll down to 'Explore products and services', to find Mobile Cash Withdrawal.
Go to an HSBC Group ATM1
Simply press the 'Mobile Cash Withdrawal' button on the ATM to generate a QR code.
Scan the QR code displayed
Use your mobile device to scan the QR code on the ATM screen.
Complete your cash withdrawal
Follow the steps on the ATM screen and you're all set!
HSBC Group ATMs
Non-HSBC Group ATMs
Can I use Mobile Cash Withdrawal?
You can use Mobile Cash Withdrawal if you hold any of the following accounts:
- HSBC Integrated account
- HKD Current account
- HKD Savings account
- HKD Statement Savings account
- Cash Card account
- Super Ease account
- University Student account
- Revolving credit facility
You must hold an HSBC UnionPay ATM Card to make withdrawals from non-HSBC Group ATMs.
Seamless withdrawals no matter your bank
Even if you're not an HSBC customer, you can use your bank's mobile app to withdraw cash at any HSBC ATM if your bank supports UnionPay QR Code Withdrawal. Such withdrawals will be processed via the UnionPay network. Please check with your bank about any service charges that may apply.
Good to know
- Mobile Cash Withdrawal is available at all HSBC and Hang Seng ATMs and multi-function machines (MFMs) in Hong Kong, for HKD cash withdrawals.
- For Mobile Cash Withdrawals conducted at non-HSBC Group ATMs that support UnionPay QR Code Withdrawal, only HKD cash withdrawals are available in Hong Kong, and RMB in mainland China.
- Once you have entered your Mobile Cash Withdrawal instructions on the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app, they will be valid for 10 minutes only. You will need to scan the QR code on the ATM within these 10 minutes or start a new set of instructions.
- For security purposes, you need to log on to the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app with your Mobile Security Key or biometric authentication.
- For Mobile Cash Withdrawals at HSBC Group ATMs in Hong Kong, you can use Mobile Cash Withdrawal to withdraw up to your small-value payment limit, which is capped at HKD10,000 per day and shared by small value transfers such as FPS and non-registered payee transfers. If you need to withdraw a higher amount or use other services that are subject to your small-value payment limit, you can consider using other means of withdrawal or transfer instead, such as your physical cards.
- You will need to set up your small-value payment limit to use Mobile Cash Withdrawal at HSBC Group ATMs in Hong Kong if you are using the feature for the first time, if you have not set your limit yet or if your limit is set to zero.
- For Mobile Cash Withdrawals at non-HSBC Group ATMs in Hong Kong/mainland China, you can use Mobile Cash Withdrawal to withdraw up to HKD80,000 per day or as high as the daily withdrawal limit on your HSBC UnionPay ATM Card. This is also subject to the operating bank’s ATM daily/per transaction withdrawal limit. Withdrawal charges will apply.
- Mobile Cash Withdrawal transactions are governed by our Online and Mobile Banking Terms, the General Terms and Conditions, and Integrated Account Terms and Conditions. Mobile Cash Withdrawal transactions completed at non-HSBC Group ATMs that support UnionPay QR Code Withdrawal service will be governed by ATM card terms and conditions as well. By using this feature, you confirm that you agree to be bound by them.
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
- QR Code is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated.
- The screen displays are for reference and illustration purposes only.