- Extensive coverage - Open an overseas account in over 30 countries/regions1
- Waived fees – Free account openings, no annual account fees and free instant Global Transfers for HSBC Jade clients and HSBC Premier customers
- Fewer deposits required - Maintain minimum account balance in just one specific home country/region1
- Competitive service - Overseas property and education consultation services for HSBC Jade clients and HSBC Premier customers
Apply for an overseas account
Opening an account overseas
If you're an existing HSBC Hong Kong account holder looking to open an overseas account, contact our International Banking Centre (IBC) in Hong Kong and follow these 3 simple steps.
No matter where you are, we’ll make sure moving and managing your money, trading currencies and making payments are all easy and straightforward.
HSBC Global Transfers
HSBC Global Transfers allows you to move money instantly between your accounts and third-party HSBC accounts in more than 15 countries and territories. This service is free of charge for HSBC Jade clients and HSBC Premier customers.
Move money to any other bank account overseas via our remittance services with preferential fees and exchange rates.
Open an overseas bank account
Talk to our IBC staff in Hong Kong to start your application.
Banking in other countries/regions
Keen to know more? With a strong presence in over 50 countries/regions, we offer comprehensive international services in global markets.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I open an overseas HSBC bank account from Hong Kong?
Do I need to maintain a Total Relationship Balance for both my HSBC Hong Kong and overseas accounts?
I have multiple HSBC accounts in Hong Kong and other overseas countries. How do I manage my accounts effectively?
What are the benefits of an HSBC overseas bank account?
- Please contact our IBC at +852 2233 3888 for details.
- Major currencies include AUD, CAD, JPY, EUR, NZD, GBP, SGD, CHF, THB, USD and CNY.
- To link up using Global View, you must register for Online Banking for all your global HSBC accounts.