Why choose HSBC?
- Worldwide coverage – Open an overseas account in over 30 countries and regions1
- No fees – Open an account for free and pay no annual account fees as an HSBC Jade or HSBC Premier customer. We'll also waive fees for HSBC One and Personal Integrated Account customers who apply online2
- International transfers – Make Global Transfers between your HSBC accounts instantly and for free if you're an HSBC Jade, HSBC Premier or HSBC One customer3
- Fewer deposits required – Maintain your minimum account balance in just one home country or region1
- Competitive service - Get consultation services on international property and education if you're an HSBC Jade or HSBC Premier customer
Apply for an overseas account
Opening an account overseas
If you're an existing HSBC Hong Kong account holder looking to open an overseas account, our International Banking Centre (IBC) in Hong Kong can help. Here's how to get started.
No matter where you are, we’ll make sure moving and managing your money, trading currencies and making payments are easy. Take a look at our international banking services.
HSBC Global Transfers
Move money instantly between your accounts and third-party HSBC accounts in more than 15 countries and territories. This service is free for HSBC Jade and HSBC Premier customers.
Move money to any other bank account overseas via our remittance services, with preferential fees and exchange rates.
Open an overseas account
Talk to our IBC staff in Hong Kong to start your application.
Banking in other countries and regions
Want to know more? Find out about the comprehensive international services we offer in over 50 countries and territories.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I open an overseas HSBC bank account from Hong Kong?
Do I need to maintain a Total Relationship Balance for both my HSBC Hong Kong and overseas accounts?
I have multiple HSBC accounts in Hong Kong and other countries. How do I manage my accounts effectively?
What are the benefits of an HSBC overseas bank account?
1 Please contact IBC on +852 2233 3888 for details.
- HKD800 if you're an HSBC One customer
- HKD1,600 if you have a Personal Integrated Account
Please refer to the latest bank tariffs on our website for current fees and charges.