Take control on the move with HSBC Mobile Banking
Our HSBC HK Mobile Banking app is now available for you to download! It has been redesigned to let you stay on top of your finances on the go. We've rebuilt HSBC HK Mobile Banking app with your feedback very much in mind. The result is an app that is everything you want it to be - reliable, convenient and much more intuitive to use.
Download the app today
- Mobile Security Key and biometric authentication – this function allows you to log on more easily, confirm transactions such as bill payments, increase your payment limit and log on to Internet Banking with your security code
- Accounts – up-to-date view of your local and globally-linked banking and credit card accounts, choose to prefill the last statement balance or current minimum payment amount for credit card payment; plus transaction search
- Fund transfers and bill payments - you can now transfer money in local and foreign currencies, pay new or existing merchants, set up recurring payments in HKD, manage future transactions and make transfers with your globally-linked accounts. You can also use FPS to pay individuals and merchants in Hong Kong dollar or Renminbi across participating local banks and Stored Value Facilities (SVF) operators
- Message us – send us a secure message and choose whether to receive a response by reply or a call back
- User-friendly design - new and improved design offering a smoother, streamlined experience plus much more. We've enabled voice navigation in the app to make digital banking accessible to people with visual impairment. This app was awarded the Triple Gold Award in the Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme organised by the Office of The Government Chief Information Officer, HKSAR in June 2018 for adopting accessibility designs.
1 FX Order Watch is available exclusively for HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance customers
2 The app is free to download and use, although you may need to pay your mobile provider for internet access
- iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with iOS version 10.3.3 or above
- Mobile handsets with AndroidTM OS version 5.0 or above
- Android tablets with AndroidTM OS version 5.0 or above and a display screen size of 7" or larger
- Touch ID is supported on Apple iPhone 5s or above
- Face ID is supported on Apple iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Fingerprint authentication is available on following compatible Android™ devices: Samsung (Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A60, Galaxy A40s, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A9, Galaxy A8 Star, Galaxy A7, Galaxy A6+, Galaxy J6, Galaxy C9 Pro, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy Note 5), LG (Q Stylus+, V40 ThinQ, V30+, V20, G7, G6, G6+), Sony (Xperia XA2 Ultra Dual, Xperia XA2 Plus, Xperia XZ3, Xperia XZ2, Xperia XZ2 Premium, Xperia XZ1 Dual, Xperia 10, Xperia 10+, Xperia 1, Xperia L3), Google (Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel), Xiaomi (Mi 9 T Pro, Mi 9S, Mi 9T, Mi 9, Mi 8, Mi A3, Mi A2, Redmi Note 7, Mix 2S, POCOPHONE F1), Huawei (Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, Mate 20, Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, P30, P30 Pro, P 20, P20 Pro, nova 4, nova 3i, Y9 Prime 2019), Nokia (9 Pureview, 8.1, 8, 8 Sirocco, 7 Plus, 6.1 Plus), OnePlus (7, 7 Pro, 6, 5T, 6T), OPPO (R17, R15, Reno 10X Zoom, Find X), Blackberry (Key2, Key2LE), Vivo (NEX Dual Display, iQOO Pro), ZenFone(6) and HTC (U12+).
More devices will be supported in future.
You must be registered for Personal Internet Banking to use the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app. You can now register on your HSBC HK Mobile Banking app or online.
Banking on mobile
Before log on:
- Make and receive instant payments via FPS
- Register for Personal Internet Banking (For bank account or credit card account only)
- View Hong Kong stock information & quotes
- Set up Hong Kong stock watchlist
- View real-time counter situation, get a remote ticket and make a counter service booking at HSBC Premier Centre through Digital Counter Services
- View details of the home&Away Privilege Programme, credit card offers and online dining concierge service
- Find nearby branches and Express Banking locations
- Shop online with RewardCash e-Shop
- Access the full HSBC website and Personal Internet Banking
After log on:
- Pay individuals or merchants via FPS
- Trade Hong Kong and United States stocks
- Trade China A Shares - Shanghai (Limit price order only)
- Trade China A Shares - Shenzhen (Limit price order only)
- Get real-time stock quotes
- Set up Hong Kong and United States stock watchlist
- Register for Stock Alert Service via SMS to keep up with latest stock updates. You'll need to have a valid Hong Kong mobile number in our records for this service
- Subscribe IPO
- Set up foreign exchange and Renminbi switching instructions
- Set up FX Order Watch & FX Rate Alert
- Place Deposit Plus
- Place Hong Kong dollar or foreign currency time deposits
- Buy travel and home insurance
- Activate your overseas ATM withdrawal limit
- Pay bills to existing and new merchants
- Make Hong Kong dollar and foreign currency funds transfer to third party accounts in any local bank (HKD transfers can be made through e-Transfer or Express Transfer)
- Manage future payments
- View balance of your globally linked accounts with Global View
- Make transfers to self-named or eligible third-party overseas HSBC accounts with Global Transfers
- View local account balances and transaction history
- Prefill payment amount for credit card payment
- View and send Messages
- Update marketing preferences
- Redeem Hot Picks and vouchers with RewardCash at the RewardCash e-Shop
- Personal Instalment Loan and Revolving Credit Facility
- Apply for credit cards
- Take the risk profiling questionnaire to learn about your risk tolerance
- Add credit card to Apple Pay
- View eStatement and eAdvice
The related transaction limits of HSBC Mobile Banking, such as transferring money and making payment, share the respective limits of Personal Internet Banking while service cut-off times for various functions of HSBC Mobile Banking are the same as those of Personal Internet Banking.
Security Device / Mobile Security Key may be required for some services.
For reply on corporate action, please log on to Personal Internet Banking
More services on your mobile device
Mobile Security Key and biometric authentication
- Mobile Security Key replaces physical Security Device by creating a digital version stored safely on mobile. You can access both Personal Internet Banking and Mobile Banking services easily and securely.
- Now, you can log on and confirm transactions with your biometric credentials on compatible phones.
- You can pay individuals or merchants instantly
- You can link your Proxy ID to your bank account to receive money. Once registered, you can receive money simply with your registered Proxy ID
- A Proxy ID can be your mobile number, email address or FPS Identifier
Digital Counter Services
- View real-time counter situation of HSBC Premier Centres anytime through your mobile.
- Get a counter ticket remotely before arriving at your preferred HSBC Premier Centre to save your waiting time.
- Book a counter service appointment up to 5 business days in advance.
- This service is exclusive for HSBC Premier customers.
- Enjoy all the benefits of your HSBC Credit Card with your mobile devices. Just add your card to Google Pay or Apple Pay to make payments in thousands of stores across town – anywhere with Visa payWave or MasterCard contactless payment terminals or in participating apps.
FX Order Watch Trading Services
- Convert funds automatically to your selected foreign currency when your target exchange rate is reached.
- Receive alerts via email or SMS text messages when the selected foreign exchange rate is reached. HSBC is the first to offer this service in Hong Kong.
- This service is exclusive for HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance customers.
The following are security tips for when you log on to HSBC Mobile Banking via mobile handsets and tablets. For the full set of security tips for HSBC Personal Internet Banking / HSBC Mobile banking, please visit the Security and Fraud Centre
- Do not store your Personal Internet Banking/HSBC Mobile Banking username and password on your mobile handset or tablet
- Install and update the latest anti-virus and anti-spyware software regularly on your mobile handsets and tablets, whenever available
- Avoid sharing your device with others and use your own handset or tablet to log on
- Do not leave your handset or tablet unattended after logging on to Personal Internet Banking or HSBC Mobile Banking. Always log off properly when you are finished
- Wipe data on your old phone or tablet before you donate, resell or recycle it
- If you lose your mobile phone or tablet, please tell us immediately. You should also review your account transaction history through Personal Internet Banking. If there are any suspicious transactions, please contact Customer Service Hotline and report to us immediately. You should also enable remote wiping
- Set up auto-lock and passcode lock to prevent unauthorised access to your handsets and tablets
- When using Wi-Fi, only use trusted Wi-Fi networks or service providers and enable security protection such as Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), if possible
- Disable Bluetooth if you are not using it, or set the smartphone or tablet to non-discovery mode
- Use the default browsers originally provided on your device rather than newly installed browsers downloaded from other sources
- Do not use any jailbroken handsets or tablets which may have security loopholes to log on to Personal Internet Banking
- Do not install applications on your mobile handsets or tablets from sources unless you trust the source. Understand the permissions of mobile applications before you install them. Do not use untrusted custom virtual keyboards
- Install updates and patches to your smartphone and tablet regularly, including upgrades/updates to your OS and other mobile applications. Enable data encryption on your handset or tablet if possible
- Always type in the address www.hsbc.com.hk directly into the browser. If you use the HSBC Mobile Banking app, only download it from official application stores, to avoid going to fraudulent websites
- Our Personal Internet Banking website uses EV TLS Certificate (Extended Validation Transport Layer Security Certificate). In the Safari browser, a padlock and the bank name will appear in green at the top of the browser. (Note: the padlock and the bank name may be hidden on some screens and they will show up when you scroll down the screen manually
Mobile banking tips
You can check the balances of all integrated accounts, current accounts, savings, credit cards, and investments/securities (Hong Kong and United States stock only) accounts using the HSBC Mobile Banking app. For balance enquiries on other accounts and services such as MPF/ORSO, insurance, Time Deposits, etc, please use Personal Internet Banking.
Pay bills to existing and new merchants on the go with HSBC HK Mobile Banking app. You can even choose to pay now or set up a future-dated bill payment.
HSBC Mobile Banking supports Hong Kong dollar and foreign currency transfers between your accounts. Global Transfers (exclusive to HSBC Jade, HSBC Premier and HSBC Advance customers) enables you to make instant transfers to self-named or eligible third-party overseas HSBC accounts.
Digital Counter Services
HSBC Premier customers can see when the counter is available, get a ticket and book a counter-service appointment, all before arriving at an HSBC Premier Centre.
Trade Hong Kong and United States stocks
You can trade Hong Kong and United States stocks after you have logged on the HSBC Mobile Banking app. Available trades include Limit Order, Market Order and At-auction Order. The At-auction order applies to Hong Kong stocks only.
Stock Alerts service
You can use the HSBC Mobile Banking app to set up SMS notifications for Hong Kong stocks and indices. To change your alert settings, log on to your Personal Internet Banking.
- If you change your mobile device, you need to:
(i) provide us with updated information on your mobile device
(ii) update iOS or Android OS on your mobile device, and
(iii) reinstall the HSBC Mobile Banking app ("app").
- We only send push notifications once. If you delete the push notification we sent, that notification can't be sent again.
- Any push notifications we send are one-way and shouldn't be replied to.
- You should never respond to a push notification that appears to be from us asking you to provide your account or security details. We never make such a request.
- Please make sure you have cellular data internet connection or WiFi internet connection. If you're travelling outside Hong Kong and wish to receive push notifications, please make sure you've enabled data roaming. You're responsible for any fees and charges arising from internet connection, whether local or international. Push Notification Alerts Service may not be available in certain countries or territories on some types of mobile devices.
- Push notifications run on the services provided by Apple Inc. ("Apple") or Google LLC. ("Google"). Any delay or failure in delivering push notifications due to Apple's or Google's service is beyond our control.
- The alerts sent by push notifications may not be encrypted and may not be secure from corruption by third parties. You're responsible for ensuring that your mobile device is enabled with auto-lock and passcode lock to prevent unauthorised access.
- Make sure your mobile device and other telecommunications equipment or services are capable of receiving Push Notification Alerts Service through push notifications.
- You may register one iOS device or one Android OS device to receive push notifications with. Your mobile device should be using the updated iOS or Android OS version we specify.
Security (On top of existing Security session)
Please pay attention to the relevant points under the "security" section in the Terms and Conditions for HSBC's eAlerts Service, specifically point f. i.e. You must inform us as soon as possible of all matters which may have an impact on or otherwise affect our provision or your use of the eAlerts Service including, without limitation, if you know or suspect that someone knows your SIM Card PIN Code or your nick-names or has unauthorised access to your e-mails or if your mobile telephone number/e-mail address changes or if your mobile telephone is lost, stolen or no longer under your control or if your contract with the network operator ends.
- You should at all times set up auto-lock and enable passcode lock to prevent unauthorised access to your mobile devices.
- You should install our HSBC Mobile Banking App from sources you trust and read push notifications from the app to ensure that they are genuine and have been sent by us.
Mobile banking in other countries outside Hong Kong
The new HSBC HK Mobile Banking app gives you access to your Hong Kong accounts only. If you need to access mobile banking in other countries outside Hong Kong, please use the “HSBC Mobile Banking app” in addition to the new app.
Managing your banking services
Mobile Security Key and Biometric Authentication
Available via the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app, the Mobile Security Key replaces your physical Security Device by creating a digital version stored safely on your mobile.
Now, you can also choose to log on to HSBC HK Mobile Banking app and confirm transactions with your biometric credentialsfootnote*. It's that simple.
*Apple iPhone 5s or above and compatible Android™ phones
HSBC Mobile Apps
Explore all our mobile apps for Hong Kong across Android and iOS. From Banking to Social Payment, we have got an app to support your online banking needs.
FPS is a payment service platform that allows customers to make instant domestic payments to individuals and merchants in Hong Kong dollar or Renminbi via our online and mobile banking . It will be available 24/7, free of charge and covering participating local banks and Stored Value Facilities (SVF) operators.
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered or in the process of being registered in the US and other countries.
- App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- QR Code is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated.
- Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Android is a trademark of Google LLC.