Bank anywhere, anytime with phone banking from HSBC
A single number for all your phone banking services.
- Access your bank account, deposits, make transactions and payments over the phone
- Find branches and ATMs
- Report lost credit or ATM cards
- Make enquiries on Personal Internet Banking
- Make personal loan, mortgage and other enquiries
- Manage your investment and credit card services
- Access insurance and MPF services
Register for phone banking
Registration is easy
- Phone the respective hotline
- Use any of your ATM or credit cards and respective PIN to register
Your phone banking PIN
With one single PIN, you can use it even when you set up new accounts and services. Just use any bank account or credit card number registered in your name plus your phone banking PIN to access the service. Joint account holders also need to provide separate identity document numbers or dates of birth.
Reset phone banking PIN
You can reset your PIN by calling the hotline number, or at any HSBC ATM in Hong Kong.
For security and so you can gain instant access to phone banking, resetting your PIN will also reset your phone banking transfer limit for non-registered third party accounts to zero. Visit any HSBC branch to restore your previous limit.
Important notice: Making phone banking even more secure
We are required to send you a text message notification when you carry out these transactions through phone banking:
- Transferring money to an unregistered third party account
- Making a bill payment to a merchant in the Securities and Brokers, Sport and Leisure or Finance Company categories
Please update your mobile number using Personal Internet Banking or phone banking during office hours. If we don’t have a valid mobile number from you to send an SMS text message notification, you won’t be able to carry out these transactions using phone banking.
HSBC Voice ID is now available. Voice ID uses advanced voice biometric technology to verify your identity with your unique voice.
Important notice: Enhance the security of phone banking
Starting from 20 November 2016, to complete the below designated instructions via phone banking, in addition to verification of phone banking PIN or Voice ID, we also need to verify the one-time passcode sent by SMS. A notification will be sent to the customers' pre-registered mobile number and/or e-mail address once the transaction is completed. For details, please contact our phone banking customer service officer.
- Change personal information and address (including mobile phone/residential telephone number/work telephone number, e-mail address and correspondence address)
- Phone banking non-registered account transfer
- Set overseas ATM withdraw limit
- ATM and credit card PIN request
- Reset phone banking PIN
- Personal phone banking service enrolment
- Autopay modification (limit increase)
- Standing instruction modification (amount increase)
- Change personal internet banking security details
- Security device activation / Mobile Security Key activation & reset
- Request a cheque book
- Account conversion to HSBC Premier
- Bill payment for designed merchants - 'Finance merchants', 'Securities broker', 'Sports and leisure'
Please ensure you have a valid mobile phone number updated in your bank records and get your mobile phone ready to carry out the transactions. Please note that SMS may take longer to receive overseas.
If needed, please update your mobile number using Personal Internet Banking with your Security Device / Mobile Security Key or through phone banking# or visit our branches during office hours.
# If you have changed your mobile phone number and the pre-registered one is no longer available to receive the one-time passcode sent by SMS, please update your new mobile phone number using Personal Internet Banking or visit our branches during office hours.
The CoP promotes good practice. It is issued by HKAB and the DTC Association and endorsed by the Office of the Telecommunications Authority.