Get more FinFit with us
HSBC FinFit helps you to stay financially fit. Gain more knowledge and find out how to build habits that will help you boost your wealth now and into the future.
How we measure your FinFitness
How Hong Kong measures up
HSBC FinFit Index:
Based on our 2020 FinFit Study, people in Hong Kong scored an average of 66 out of 100 points on the HSBC FinFit index.
Here are a few other insights from the study.
- 59% had money worries in the past 6 months
- There was increasing concern about pay cuts and income reduction
- Only 66% had set aside savings that can last them 6 months in case of emergency
- The top 2 financial goals were owning a property and retiring comfortably
- An average of HKD4.7 million is needed for a comfortable retirement
- Only 36% are confident they have sufficient funds for retirement
How can you become more FinFit?
Well, it's much easier than you think. Taking these 4 simple steps can already make a huge difference.
Make saving and budgeting a habit
- Set aside some money that can last you 6 months, just in case of the unexpected
- Set yourself a budget and try to keep your spending within it
Manage your wealth wisely
- Equip yourself with knowledge about financial products so you can make more informed decisions
- Consider making investments to grow your wealth
Plan better for your financial freedom
- Make preparations for your retirement and check back regularly to make sure you're on track
- Review your financial plans regularly. Rebalance your portfolio and seek professional advice as needed
Protect yourself and your wealth
- Review your risk profile annually to minimise your exposure to risks
- Set up security measures and make sure they're up to date so as to safeguard yourself against fraud