- You must be a Hong Kong resident
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a monthly income of at least HKD5,000
Simple steps for a loan application
Hesitant to get a loan because it seems complex? Apply for one on the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app and experience a cleaner, simpler loan application process.
- Log on to HSBC HK App
- Scroll down and select ’Loans’ on Home screen
- Select ‘Personal Instalment Loan’
Note: The screen displays and the images of the website are for reference and illustration purposes only.
Loan resources and services
Which HSBC lending solution is your right match?
Find a suitable loan product to match with your specific needs by answering a few simple questions.
Revolving Credit Facility
Only pay interest on the credit you use rather than a fixed monthly payment.
Consolidating your debts
Clear your debts faster using the Personal Instalment Loan Balance Consolidation Program.
Cash Instalment Plan
Extra cash and financial flexibility to realise your personal goals. Convert your available credit limit into instant cash or transfer the outstanding balance from other credit cards to your HSBC credit card account.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
- Only applicable to customers who have successfully applied for and drawn down the loan during the promotional period which commences on 23 July 2021 and ends on 5 September 2021, both dates inclusive (the "Promotional Period") with an approved loan amount of HKD1,500,000 or above. Based on a monthly flat rate of 0.08%, the Annualised Percentage Rate (APR) would be 1.80% over a repayment period of 12 months. The APR is calculated using method specified in relevant guidelines issued by The Hong Kong Association of Banks, and is rounded up or down to the nearest two decimal places. An APR is a reference rate, which includes all applicable interest rates, fees and charges of the product, expressed as an annualised rate. For your applicable interest rate, please call our hotline 2748 8080; log on to Online Banking or the HSBC HK App. The interest rate that will apply and the amount of interest that will be charged are calculated based on the approved Loan amount and the repayment period. If your Loan application cannot fulfil our credit requirement, the Bank may still process your application on a case-by-case basis, but the interest rate, handling fee, repayment period and/or promotional offer may be adjusted. The Bank will inform you on the finalised Loan details. If you accept the Loan details, we will credit the Loan into your repayment account according to normal procedure.
- To be eligible for a cash rebate of HKD100 under the Document Submission Offer, customers must submit the supporting document(s) required by us for a Loan application and a Loan of HKD100,000 or above must be approved during the promotional period. This Document Submission offer is not applicable to loan applications on which we do not require submission of any supporting document. To be eligible for a cash rebate of up to HKD1,500 under the Successful Application Offer, customers must submit a Loan application and the Loan must be approved during the promotional period with a repayment period of 24 months or above, customers are entitled to a HKD500 cash rebate for an approved Loan amount of HKD100,000 to less than HKD200,000, or a HKD1,000 cash rebate for an approved Loan amount of HKD200,000 to less than HKD500,000, or a HKD1,500 cash rebate for an approved Loan amount of HKD500,000 or above.
- Applications have to be submitted during the Bank’s service hours (Monday to Friday: 9 am - 8 pm, Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm, Sunday and public holidays: 12 noon - 12 midnight, or individual branch’s opening hours) with all required information (including without limitation a valid HSBC banking account number) and documents. The actual turnaround time starts when all the required information is successfully input into the Bank’s application evaluation system and the Bank may provide the instant application result and fund disbursement. Processing time may vary in some cases depending on the actual circumstances of individual applications.
- Minimum redraw is HKD3,000 and you must have had a Personal Instalment Loan account for at least 3 months. The Bank reserves the final right of allowing customers to redraw or not and has sole discretion to determine the redrawn amount and tenor.
- Please note that we do not appoint any third parties to refer Personal Instalment Loan applications to us and will not process any application that was referred by a third party under beneficial arrangement. For enquiry, please call our hotline at (852)2233 3000.