- You must be a Hong Kong resident
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must have a monthly income of at least HKD5,000
How to apply
Simple steps for loan application via HSBC HK Mobile Banking app
Hesitant to get a loan because it seems complex? Apply for one on the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app and experience a cleaner, simpler loan application process.
- Log on to the latest version of the mobile banking app
- Tap the menu bar on the top left
- Select 'Personal Instalment Loan' under 'Products & Services'
Note: The screen displays and the images of the website are for reference and illustration purposes only.
Loan resources and services
Which HSBC lending solution is your right match?
Find a suitable loan product to match with your specific needs by answering a few simple questions.
Revolving Credit Facility
Only pay interest on the credit you use rather than a fixed monthly payment.
Consolidating your debts
Clear your debts faster using the Personal Instalment Loan Balance Consolidation Program.
Cash Instalment Plan
Extra cash and financial flexibility to realise your personal goals. Convert your available credit limit into instant cash or transfer the outstanding balance from other credit cards to your HSBC credit card account.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
- Only applicable to customers who successfully apply for and drawdown the loan during the promotional period with an approved loan amount of HKD800,000 or above. Monthly flat rate is 0.13% and Annualised Percentage Rate (APR) is 2.92% for a repayment period of 12 months. The APR is calculated using method specified in relevant guidelines issued by the Hong Kong Associations of Banks, and is rounded up or down to the nearest two decimal places. An APR is a reference rate, which includes all applicable interest rates, fees and charges of the product, expressed as an annualised rate.
- To be eligible for HKD100 cash rebate under the Online Exclusive Offer for Personal Instalment Loan, an Eligible Customer must submit a Personal Instalment Loan application via HSBC website www.hsbc.com.hk or HSBC Personal Internet Banking and the loan of HKD100,000 or above must be approved during the Promotional Period. To be eligible for HKD100 cash rebate under the Document Submission Offer, an Eligible Customer must submit supporting document(s) required by the Bank for a Loan application and the Loan of HKD100,000 or above must be approved during the Promotional Period.
- Applications have to be submitted during the Bank’s service hours (Monday to Friday: 9 am - 8 pm, Saturday: 9 am - 5 pm, Sunday and public holidays: 12 noon - 12 midnight, or individual branch’s opening hours) with all required information (including without limitation a valid HSBC banking account number) and documents. The actual turnaround time starts when all the required information is successfully input into the Bank’s application evaluation system and the Bank may provide the instant application result and fund disbursement. Processing time may vary in some cases depending on the actual circumstances of individual applications.
- Minimum redraw is HKD3,000 and you must have had a Personal Instalment Loan account for at least 3 months. The Bank reserves the final right of allowing customers to redraw or not and has sole discretion to determine the redrawn amount and tenor.
- Please note that we do not appoint any third parties to refer Personal Instalment Loan applications to us and will not process any application that was referred by a third party under beneficial arrangement. For enquiry, please call our hotline at (852)2233 3000.