From now till 31 January 2021, HSBC credit cardholders can enjoy a 3-month handling fee rebate1 for a Spending Instalment Plan made for purchases at selected merchants. Make the most of this offer - start saving and enjoy life!
How much can you save after the handling fee rebate?
|Standard handling fee
|HKD 1,080||HKD 810||HKD 270|
|Standard handling fee
You save HKD270! Apply now and start saving on your handling fee.
Note: The example is for reference and illustration purposes only.
- During the promotional period, you can receive 3-month handling fee rebate for the Spending Instalment Plan applied for transactions at Designated Merchants and the approved Spending Instalment Plan amount reaches HK$5,000 or above (regardless of the transaction amount of Designated Merchants). For details, please refer to Spending Instalment Plan Promotional Terms and Conditions.
- It is applicable for instalment amount of HKD50,000 or above. The highest annualised percentage rate for monthly handling fee of 0.18% is 3.76% (calculated based on 6 months repayment period); 4.04% (calculated based on 12 months repayment period); 4.13% (calculated based on 18 months repayment period); 4.17% (calculated based on 24 months repayment period) ; 4.19% (calculated based on 30 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 36 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 42 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 48 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 54 months repayment period) ; 4.19% (calculated based on 60 months repayment period). The handling fee and annualised percentage rate differ depending on individual customer eligibility. The handling fee rate offered to a cardholder or additional cardholder under different card accounts or primary card accounts may not be the same. Please call us on 2233 3052 to enquire your handling fee and annualised percentage rate. The annualised percentage rate (“APR”) is calculated using method specified in relevant guidelines issued by The Hong Kong Association of Banks, and is rounded up or down to the nearest two decimal places. An APR is a reference rate, which includes all applicable interest rates, fees and charges of the product, expressed as an annualised rate. As an illustration, total repayment amount is HKD51,080 based on HKD50,000 instalment amount and 12 months instalment plan.
- Cardholder can opt for 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 54 or 60-month instalment plan.
- By using Reward+, you can submit your Spending Instalment Plan application anytime. Your applications will be processed in real-time by our system during the following periods: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 20:00, Saturday 09:00 to 17:00, Sunday and public holidays 09:00 to 24:00.
- The promotional period is from 31 July 2020 to 31 January 2021, both dates inclusive (unless otherwise specified). The Spending Instalment Plan is only applicable to posted purchase transactions billed on the current statement and unbilled purchase transactions during the promotional period, i.e. previous purchase transactions are not eligible to be settled under the Spending Instalment Plan. Other transactions, including but without limitation, cash advances, instalment plans, Octopus AAVS, all fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Cash Instalment Plan and/or Cash Credit Plan, gambling transactions, purchase and/or reload of stored value cards or e-Wallets, transaction at non-financial institutions (including purchase of foreign currency, money orders and travellers cheques), transaction at financial institutions (including purchase of merchandise and services from banks) and wire transfer will not qualify. Cardholder must apply for Spending Instalment Plan at least 3 working days before the payment due date of the relevant purchase.
- Please note that we will bill each monthly Repayment Amount of Spending Instalment Plan to your Card Account on a monthly basis as a purchase transaction and show it on your Card statement. You need to be aware that only 1% of the monthly instalment principal amount plus full monthly handling fee of Spending Instalment Plan will be included in the minimum payment due. If you fail to pay the statement balance of your monthly Card statement in full, or if you only pay the minimum payment due on or before the due date of that statement, we will charge on the outstanding statement balance a finance charge at the interest rate applicable to credit card as specified in the "Tariff Guide".
- Please note that we do not appoint any third parties to refer Spending Instalment Plan applications to us and will not process any application that was referred by a third party under beneficial arrangement. For enquiry, please call our hotline at (852)2233 3000.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered or in the process of being registered in the US and other countries.
- App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Android is a trademark of Google LLC.