- The HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund - SuperTrust Plus consists of 20 Constituent Funds. The Asia Pacific Equity Fund, Balanced Fund, European Equity Fund, Growth Fund, Guaranteed Fund, Hang Seng Index Tracking Fund, Hong Kong and Chinese Equity Fund, MPF Conservative Fund, North American Equity Fund and Core Accumulation Fund (formerly the Stable Growth Fund) were launched on 1 December 2000. The Chinese Equity Fund, Age 65 Plus Fund (formerly the Flexi-Managed Fund), Global Bond Fund and Stable Fund were launched on 8 October 2009. The Global Equity Fund, Hang Seng China Enterprises Index Tracking Fund (formerly the Hang Seng H-Share Index Tracking Fund), ValueChoice Asia Pacific Equity Tracker Fund (formerly the ValueChoice Asia Pacific Equity Fund), ValueChoice Balanced Fund, ValueChoice Europe Equity Tracker Fund (formerly the ValueChoice European Equity Fund) and ValueChoice North America Equity Tracker Fund (formerly the ValueChoice US Equity Fund) were launched on 1 July 2019.
- From 12 November 2021, the ValueChoice Asia Pacific Equity Tracker Fund was renamed from the ValueChoice Asia Pacific Equity Fund. From 19 November 2021, the ValueChoice North America Equity Tracker Fund was renamed from the ValueChoice US Equity Fund. From 26 November 2021, the ValueChoice Europe Equity Tracker Fund was renamed from the ValueChoice European Equity Fund. From 3 December 2021, the Chinese name of the ValueChoice Balanced Fund was changed while its English name remained the same. The investment objective and balance of investments of the above Constituent Funds were changed on the respective aforesaid dates.
- From 1 July 2019, the HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund - ValueChoice has been merged with the HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund - SuperTrust Plus (the 'Merger'). Each of the HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund – ValueChoice Constituent Funds has been merged with the relevant matching HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund - SuperTrust Plus Constituent Funds or replicated from the HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund - ValueChoice Constituent Funds to the HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund - SuperTrust Plus.
- From 1 April 2017, the Default Investment Strategy ('DIS') has been launched and it comprises the Age 65 Plus Fund and the Core Accumulation Fund. The default investment arrangement of the HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund - SuperTrust Plus is the DIS replacing the previous default fund which is 'MPF Conservative Fund'. The Age 65 Plus Fund and Core Accumulation Fund under the HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund - SuperTrust Plus have been renamed and converted from the Flexi-Managed Fund and Stable Growth Fund respectively when DIS commenced on 1 April 2017.
- The Constituent Funds of HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund – SuperTrust Plus are all denominated in Hong Kong dollars and their unit prices are based on the net asset value (‘NAV’) of each Constituent Fund and quoted for indication only. Cumulative performance is calculated in Hong Kong dollars on the basis of NAV-to-NAV.
- Please refer to the 'Fund Fact Sheet' or 'Monthly Fund Performance Summary' for the information on the calendar year return of Constituent Funds of the immediately preceding 5 years.
- Fees and charges of a MPF Conservative Fund can be deducted from either (i) the assets of the MPF Conservative Fund or (ii) members' account by way of unit deduction.
From 1 July 2015, the fees and charges deduction method of MPF Conservative Fund of the HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund - SuperTrust Plus has changed from method (ii) to method (i). Therefore, the unit prices, net asset value (NAV) or fund performance of MPF Conservative Fund quoted have reflected the impact of fees and charges for the period starting from 1 July 2015.
Before 1 July 2015, the unit prices, NAVs and the fund performance quoted for MPF Conservative Fund have not reflected the impact of fees and charges. The fund performance figures of the MPF Conservative Fund strictly for the period(s) ended before 1 July 2015 are calculated before fees and charges are deducted from the fund and such fees and charges are deducted according to method (ii).
For fund performance figures of the MPF Conservative Fund quoted for the period that has started before 1 July 2015 and ended/will be ending on or after 1 July 2015, the fund performance figures would not reflect the actual performance of the fund because it has taken into account both (i) the period which has excluded the impact of fees and charges (ie the period covered before 1 July 2015) and (ii) the period which has included the impact of fees and charges (ie the period covered on or after 1 July 2015).
- The guarantee in the Guaranteed Fund available under the HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund - SuperTrust Plus only applies under certain conditions. Please refer to the 'Guarantee features' under 'Guaranteed Fund' in the MPF Scheme Brochure for details of the guarantee features (including in the context of payment of accrued benefits in instalments) and the ‘Guarantee Conditions’.
- For the HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund - SuperTrust Plus, the joining fee, annual fee, contribution charge**, offer spread**, bid spread** and withdrawal charge** are currently waived or not applicable (for more details, please refer to the MPF Scheme Brochure). Increases in the fees and charges of the HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund – SuperTrust Plus, Constituent Funds or approved pooled investment funds are subject to a three months' prior notice (or such shorter period permitted by law and the Master Trust Deed) to members and participating employers.
**Not applicable to MPF Conservative Fund
- For more details on the Constituent Funds, fees and charges and how these fees and charges may be altered in the future, please refer to the MPF Scheme Brochure.
Investment involves risks. Past performance is not indicative of future performance. The value of financial instruments, in particular stocks and shares, and any income from such financial instruments, may go down as well as up. For further details including the product features and risks involved, please refer to the MPF Scheme Brochure.
The MPF information provided on this web page is for reference only, which may be subject to adjustment or correction from time to time without any notice. The relevant information after adjustment or correction may vary. The information provided above should not be regarded as investment advice. You should not rely on the above information when making any investment choices for your MPF account(s).