Secure a worry-free retirement in just 5 years
Relax and rest easy with a steady monthly income stream in your retirement, with tax savings[@taxdeduction] on premiums paid.
EarlyIncome Deferred Annuity Plan is underwritten by HSBC Life, Hong Kong's no. 1 provider of new annuity business[@no1annuityprovider], and certified by the Insurance Authority as a qualifying deferred annuity policy (QDAP).
What's best for your insurance needs? Get tailored guidance from our Insurance Specialists today.
Long-term income in just 5 years
Pay the plan's premiums for just 5 years, and you can build up a monthly retirement income stream that lasts up to the age of 99[@birthdaydefinition]
Superior financial flexibility
From the sixth year onwards, you can choose to receive a regular monthly income or leave your money to accumulate with interest; switch anytime
Enjoy tax relief
You can apply for a tax deduction[@taxdeduction] on premiums paid of up to HKD60,000 per assessment year
Special offers—Get up to 12% off your first year's premium
- Enjoy up to 9% off your first year premium when you apply for this plan, or up to 12% off when you apply together with our Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme Flexi Plan (VHIS). Offer ends 31 December 2022. T&Cs apply.
- Enjoy an extra 1.5% off your first year's premium if you are new to insurance[@newtoinsurance]. Selected customers can get an extra 1% off. Offer ends 31 December 2022. T&Cs apply.
- Use your HSBC Premier Mastercard® credit card[@toborrowornot] to pay the premium for your new policy and earn up to $6,000 RewardCash. Offer ends 31 December 2022. T&Cs apply.
How to apply
To apply for our EarlyIncome Deferred Annuity Plan, you'll need to meet both of these requirements:
- be aged[@birthdaydefinition] between 46 and 70, depending on the annuity period you select
- our criteria for nationality (country/region/territory), address and residency, which are subject to change at the time of your application
HSBC EarlyIncome Deferred Annuity Plan is a long-term participating life insurance product with a savings element underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited("HSBC Life"). It is not equivalent or similar to bank deposit. Policyholders are subject to HSBC Life's credit risk and early surrender loss.
Talk with us
Get personalised support from our Insurance Specialists. Book a face-to-face appointment or meet with us over video.
Or call us on (852) 2233 3130. Lines are open 11:00am to 7:30pm, Mondays to Fridays except public holidays.
HSBC Jade or Premier customer?
Contact your Jade Director or Relationship Manager. HSBC Premier customers can also call us on (852) 2233 3322.
Find out more
Can you summarise the plan for me?
Are any additional benefits included in this policy?
You may also be interested in
Income Goal Insurance Plan II
An annuity plan that gives you a steady income stream after just 10 years.
HSBC Flourish Income Annuity Plan
An annuity plan with 3 years’ premium payment period and steady monthly annuity payments after 1 or 3 years for your retirement years.
HSBC Income Goal Deferred Annuity Plan
A qualifying deferred annuity plan that provides a flexible accumulation and annuity period, with 5 or 10 years of tax-deductible premium payments.
Important information for Qualifying Deferred Annuity Policy:
- Tax implication of Qualifying Deferred Annuity Policy (QDAP) - While this plan carries a Qualifying Deferred Annuity Policy (QADP) status, it does not guarantee that you will be eligible for a tax deduction on QDAP premiums you have paid. This plan's QDAP status is based on its product features and Insurance Authority (IA) certification—not necessarily your personal situation. Before you can claim any tax deductions, you must meet all eligibility requirements set out under the Inland Revenue Ordinance and follow guidance issued by the Inland Revenue Department (IRD) of Hong Kong SAR. Any general tax information provided is for your reference only, and you should not make any tax-related decisions based solely on such information. Please note that the actual tax benefits of this policy would depend on your personal tax position. There may not be tax deduction benefits if you are not subject to salaries tax and personal assessment in the relevant year of assessment. You should always consult with a professional tax advisor if you have any questions or doubts. Please note that the tax law, regulations and/or interpretations are subject to change and may affect any related tax benefits, including the eligibility criteria for a tax deduction. HSBC Life is not responsible for informing you about any changes in laws, regulations or interpretations, and how they may affect you. You can find more information about tax concessions applicable to QDAP on the IA website: www.ia.org.hk
- Certification of Qualifying Deferred Annuity Policy (QDAP) - Please note that Insurance Authority (IA) certification is not a recommendation or endorsement of the policy. It does not guarantee the commercial merits of the policy or its performance either. It does not mean that the policy is suitable for all policyholders, or that it is an endorsement of its suitability for any particular policyholder or class of policyholders. While the policy has been certified by the IA, it does not imply official recommendation. The IA does not take any responsibility for the contents of the offering documents of this policy, makes no representation as to its accuracy or completeness. The IA expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever for any loss arising from or reliant upon the whole or any part of the contents of the offering documents of this policy.
HSBC EarlyIncome Deferred Annuity Plan is a long-term participating life insurance product with a savings element underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited ("HSBC Life") which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority ("IA") to carry on long-term insurance business in the Hong Kong SAR. It is not equivalent or similar to any kind of bank deposit. Please refer to the product brochure for detailed features and the policy provisions for the detailed terms and conditions.
HSBC Life is incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability, and is one of the HSBC Group's insurance underwriting subsidiaries. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ('HSBC') is registered in accordance with the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41 of the Laws of Hong Kong) as an agency of HSBC Life for the distribution of life insurance products in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. This product is a product of HSBC Life but not HSBC and it is intended only for sale in the Hong Kong SAR. If the policyholder discontinues and / or surrenders the insurance plan in the early policy years, the amount of the benefit he / she will get back may be considerably less than the amount of the premium he / she has paid. Your benefit is subject to the credit risk of HSBC Life. Your premiums paid will form part of HSBC Life's assets. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against HSBC Life only.
In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between HSBC and you out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, HSBC is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with you; however, any dispute over the contractual terms of the above insurance product should be resolved between HSBC Life and you directly.