Full medical coverage and above-market[@insurance-above-market-rate-2023] claims paid ratio – the promise you need
With the full medical coverage[@fullcoverage] provided by our VHIS Flexi plan, you won’t have to worry about whether your plan would cover all your medical expenses. Add to that a claims paid ratio[@insurance-claims-paid-ratio-2022] of 97% on our VHIS plans, you can rest assured that you will receive all the support you need, when you need it.
Full coverage of HKD5 million or more
Get full medical coverage[@fullcoverage] with no sub-limits on hospitalisation and surgical fees—your annual benefits will be recalculated every year
Choose your annual deductible
Choose from 4 levels of annual deductibles, depending on your personal needs and budget: HKD0, HKD16,000, HKD50,000 and HKD100,000
Cover previously unknown conditions
You'll be fully covered for unknown pre-existing conditions[@preexistingconditiondefinition], starting from the policy's effective date—no waiting period necessary
No upfront out-of-pocket costs
Get peace of mind with cashless arrangements for medical treatment[@preauthorisation] at Hong Kong hospitals
Catch the wave of special offers sweeping across town!
- Don't miss our limited-time offers! Apply online with the promo code '20FLEX' to enjoy a 20% first-year premium discount, and an extra 10% off when you apply with your family members. Offer ends 30 September 2023. T&Cs apply.
- Well+ members can enjoy up to 70% off your first-year premium, offer ends 30 September 2023. T&Cs apply; and earn up to 200 RewardCash by joining the ‘Get Insured Online Challenge’. Offer ends 31 December 2023. T&Cs apply.
Choose from 4 levels of coverage
Find out more about each plan and see which caters best to your personal needs
See plan details
This amount is for reference only, please refer to the full quotation for the exact premium amount.
How to get the most out of your insurance
Look out for what's covered
Balancing cost and coverage
Medical insurance or critical illness?
- Tax reliefEnjoy tax relief[@taxdeductionvhis], with a maximum annual deduction of HKD8,000 in qualifying premiums for each insured person
- Family premium discountEnjoy 10% off your premium when you apply as a family—including immediate and extended members[@familymembersapplicationdefinition]—or if they're already insured persons under the policy
- Change your annual deductible for your retirement needsYou'll be offered a one-time choice to remove or decrease your deductible at age[@lastbirthdaydefinition] 55 or every 5 years after that without underwriting—which means you'll pay less out of pocket when you make a claim during retirement
- Enjoy Medical Concierge Service[@medical-concierge-service]Get assistance from our Medical Concierge Consultant on making medical appointments and handling insurance-related documentation; enjoy free limousine service (Diamond level)
Award-winning medical coverage
How to apply
Policy provisions and certification numbers
Get started with a quote now. If you have any questions, you can ask us via Live Chat. We're available from 10:30am to 10:00pm, Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays).
Other ways to apply
Already an HSBC Online Banking customer?
Find out more
What is the difference between the HSBC VHIS Standard and Flexi plans?
Will I get medical coverage under VHIS plans even if I contracted COVID-19?
Can I change my plan type or level after my policy has come into effect?
You may also be interested in
HSBC VHIS Standard Plan
An essential standard voluntary health insurance plan offering annual benefits of up to HKD420,000 to cover your basic healthcare needs and tax savings
Up to HK$68,000 potential tax savings
Enjoy potential tax savings[@taxcombo] plus premium discounts with our QDAP and VHIS plans now!
HSBC Swift Guard Critical Illness Plan
Extensive coverage against 76 critical illnesses including cancer, heart disease and stroke and 4 conditions—plus a full premium refund[@totalbasicplanpremiumpaid4] if no claims are made by the end of the policy term
The HSBC VHIS Flexi Plan is a life insurance plan underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited ("HSBC Life") which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority ("IA") to carry on long-term insurance business in the Hong Kong SAR. It is not a bank deposit or bank savings plan. Please refer to the product brochure for detailed features and the policy provisions for the detailed terms and conditions.
HSBC Life is incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability, and is one of the HSBC Group's insurance underwriting subsidiaries. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ('HSBC') is registered in accordance with the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41 of the Laws of Hong Kong) as an agency of HSBC Life for the distribution of life insurance products in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. This product is a product of HSBC Life but not HSBC and it is intended only for sale in the Hong Kong SAR. Your benefit is subject to the credit risk of HSBC Life. Your premiums paid will form part of HSBC Life's assets. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against HSBC Life only.
In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between HSBC and you out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, HSBC is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with you; however, any dispute over the contractual terms of the above insurance product should be resolved between HSBC Life and you directly.