Safeguard your health with comprehensive protection for fighting the pandemic. Our Flexi Plan - an individual indemnity hospital insurance plan certified under the Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme (VHIS) - keeps you covered extensively including not only vital healthcare coverage under our VHIS Standard Plan, but also eligible expenses on the treatments of COVID-19 infection as well as the adverse reactions to COVID-19 vaccinations14, and you can enjoy tax deductions too.
Limited time offers
- Apply online with promo code ’IN50SU' to enjoy 50% off your first year premium and an additional 10% off when you apply with your family members. Offer ends 31 August 2022. T&Cs apply.
- If you applied for VHIS Flexi Plan between 23 June and 31 July, and you‘ve registered to receive your consumption voucher via PayMe*, you can register online for our 'Life is more rewarding' after your policy has been issued to receive a HKD500 PayMe discount voucher. T&Cs apply.
Get peace of mind with all-round medical coverage
Ease your worries about any upfront out-of-pocket medical expenses in Hong Kong with cashless arrangements3
Choose from 4 different plans, 3 geographical coverage and 4 annual deductible options
See plan options
For more details, please refer to the product brochure.
Apply via hotline
*(Monday to Friday from 11:00am to 7:30pm except public holidays)
Or meet with us
HSBC Jade and Premier customers
Contact your Relationship Manager
Earn up to an extra $6,000 RewardCash!
Pay new policy’s premium to HSBC Life with HSBC Premier Mastercard® Credit Card* to enjoy the offer.
Offer ends 31 December 2022. T&Cs apply.
Why do you need VHIS?
Don’t wait till you are ill. There’s something crucial about having all-round healthcare protection you should know. Check out the interactive quiz in 3 minutes and get your personalised quote!
All-round coverage with cashless arrangements
- Get fully covered1 for hospitalisation and surgical fees without any sub-limits
- Be insured for eligible cancer treatment expenses, both surgical and non-surgical
- Rest easy with home nursing services for up to 90 days
- Enjoy additional benefits such as medical implants and rehabilitation benefits for greater coverage
- Reserve immediate treatment at designated Mainland China & Oversea7 hospitals
- Get a second medical opinion8 if you're diagnosed with any of the critical illnesses covered in your policy
- Find help through the worldwide emergency assistance service9 provided by our partner, Allianz Partners
- Enjoy our Medical Concierge Service10 and a complimentary round-trip limousine service for in-patient treatment in Hong Kong for HSBC VHIS Flexi Plan (Diamond level)
Family and no-claim discounts
- Get a 10% premium discount if you apply together with your family or if they're already members of the policy
- Enjoy a no-claim discount11 if you haven't made a claim under your policy for 3 or more consecutive policy years
Award-winning medical coverage
Our HSBC VHIS Flexi plan received a 5-star rating and a 10/10 score on Medical Coverage in 2022 from 10Life, an insurance information and comparison platform.
- 10/10 score on Medical Coverage for Private Ward
- 10/10 score on Medical Coverage for Semi-Private Ward
- 10/10 score on Medical Coverage for Ward
See how people around you benefit from this plan
Let’s look at Chris’ story – an accident and emergency case.
Are you eligible?
- Applicants need to be aged5 between 18 and 80 years
- Persons insured must be aged5 between 15 days and 80 years
Applying online? Here's what you should have on hand:
- An existing HSBC HKD bank account or HKD credit card
- Your personal details as well as the proposed insured's personal details, such as HKID/birth certificate number, mobile phone number and email address
- Medical history records of the proposed insured
Ready to apply?
Other useful information
Policy provisions and certification numbers
Other ways to apply
Book an appointment
Book a face-to-face appointment or video-enabled meeting:
You may also be interested in
HSBC VHIS Standard Plan
Get vital healthcare coverage with one standard plan and with potential tax deduction.
Manage your policy
Manage your policy online
Access your policy details anytime, anywhere on both your HSBC HK Mobile Banking app and our Personal Internet Banking webpage, so you can check your benefits, coverage, premium due dates and much more at your fingertips.
Make a claim
Sometimes life doesn't go according to plan. But we're here to help.
To make an insurance claim, simply call our Tele-Consultants who will help you with it.
You can also find the claim forms you may need here.
Medical concierge service hotline
- Diamond level: (852) 3128 0122
The service hours are 11:00a.m. – 7:30p.m., Monday to Friday, except public holidays.
2 Pre-existing condition(s) shall mean, in respect of the insured person, any sickness, disease, injury, physical, mental or medical condition or physiological degradation, including congenital condition, that has existed prior to the policy issuance date or the policy effective date, whichever is earlier. Unknown pre-existing condition(s) refers to any pre-existing condition(s) that the policy holder and/or insured person was not aware and would not reasonably have been aware of at the time of application. Application is subject to HSBC Life. Please refer to the policy provisions for the full terms and conditions.
4 Tax deduction eligibility is only applicable to policyholders or his/her spouse who are Hong Kong taxpayers. Tax deduction for the qualifying premiums paid under VHIS policy (not including levy) will be based on the premiums paid after deducting the premium discount (if any). For more information, please refer to www.ird.gov.hk or seek independent tax advice.
6 Eligible expenses incurred in other areas worldwide shall be covered according to the VHIS Standard Plan Terms and Benefits. Greater China shall mean mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. Asia shall mean Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Greater China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam. Worldwide shall mean no geographical limitation. Except for psychiatric treatment and cash benefit for lower ward class which are applicable to Hong Kong only. Please refer to the Additional Benefit Provisions Endorsement for more details.
7 The free hospital admission deposit guarantee service (in mainland China & Oversea) is an optional service that may be provided by an assistance company which is an independent contractor (“Independent Service Provider”) that is not an agent of HSBC Life. Please refer to the policy provisions for the full terms and conditions.
8 The second medical opinion is provided by a medical service provider which is an independent contractor and is not an agent of HSBC Life. HSBC Life shall not be held responsible for or liable to the policyholder or of the insured person for anything in relation to such medical opinion given by the medical service provider and/or hospital, and shall reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions thereof from time to time without prior notice.
9 The provision of services is subject to the terms and conditions of the worldwide emergency assistance. HSBC Life reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions thereof from time to time without prior notice. This is an optional service. Clients can opt-out the services by writing to HSBC Life.
10 Medical Concierge Service does not form part of the policy for HSBC VHIS Flexi Plan. For more details of the Medical Concierge Service and Limousine Arrangement Service, please refer to the standalone terms and conditions.
11 If after a no claim discount has been deducted, a claim incurred in respect of previous five (5) Policy Years becomes payable under this policy, the no claim discount shall be re-calculated by taking into account the relevant claim payable, and the policyholder shall return to HSBC Life immediately the difference between the recalculated amount (in respect of no claim discount) and the no claim discount actually paid to the policyholder.
The HSBC VHIS Flexi Plan is underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited (“HSBC Life”) which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority ("IA") to carry on long-term insurance business in the Hong Kong SAR. Please refer to the product brochure for detailed features and the policy provisions for the detailed terms and conditions.
HSBC Life is incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability, and is one of the HSBC Group's insurance underwriting subsidiaries. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ('HSBC') is registered in accordance with the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41 of the Laws of Hong Kong) as an insurance agent authorised by HSBC Life. This product is a product of HSBC Life but not HSBC and it is intended only for sale through HSBC in the Hong Kong SAR. Your benefit is subject to the credit risk of HSBC Life. If the policyholder discontinues and / or surrenders the insurance plan in the early policy years, the amount of the benefit he / she will get back may be considerably less than the amount of the premium he / she has paid. Your premiums paid will form part of HSBC Life's assets. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against HSBC Life only.
In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between HSBC and you out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, HSBC is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with you; however, any dispute over the contractual terms of the above insurance product should be resolved between HSBC Life and you directly.