Get full medical coverage for less than HKD17 a day[@vhisfillustrativeexample]
The plan includes basic benefits of the HSBC VHIS Standard Plan and full medical coverage including eligible expenses like treatments for COVID-19 and adverse reactions to COVID-19 vaccinations.
Apply online now or call us on (852) 2233 3130. View hotline operating hours.
Full coverage of HKD5 million or more
Get full medical coverage[@fullcoverage] with no sub-limits on hospitalisation and surgical fees—your annual benefits will be recalculated every year
Choose your annual deductible
Choose from 4 levels of annual deductibles, depending on your personal needs and budget: HKD0, HKD16,000, HKD50,000 and HKD100,000
Cover previously unknown conditions
You'll be fully covered for unknown pre-existing conditions[@preexistingconditiondefinition], starting from the policy's effective date—no waiting period necessary
No upfront out-of-pocket costs
Get peace of mind with cashless arrangements for medical treatment[@preauthorisation] at Hong Kong hospitals
Special offers –Enjoy up to 70% off
- Enjoy 30% off on your first-year premium when you apply online with promo code '30MEDI' ; or 60% off when you apply together with our Qualifying Deferred Annuity Plans (QDAP) at our branches or application hotline (852) 2233 3130. Enjoy an additional 10% off when you apply with your family members. Offer ends 31 March 2023. T&Cs apply.
- Well+ members can enjoy up to 70% off your first-year premium, T&Cs apply; and get a chance to earn extra $500 RewardCash with "Get insured" Challenge, T&Cs apply. Offers end 31 March 2023.
Choose from 4 levels of coverage
Find out more about each plan and see which caters best to your personal needs
See plan details
This amount is for reference only, please refer to the full quotation for the exact premium amount.
How to get the most out of your insurance
Look out for what's covered
It can be tempting to opt for the cheapest plan even if it comes with far fewer benefits. But in the event of injury or illness, will it be enough to cover the expenses?
- Colorectal cancer, one of the most common life-threatening diseases in Hong Kong, can incur costs of between HKD115,249 and HKD217,491 at private hospitals[@vhiseducationcontent1]
- Most medical protection plans have sub-limits on each medical service, and break them down into even smaller sub-limits. So if your treatment exceeds the specific sub-limit, you'll have to bear the remaining cost yourself.
- But our VHIS Flexi Plan will cover hospitalisation and surgical fees fully without any sub-limits. Plus, the benefit limit resets yearly so you won't have to worry even if your treatment spans over a few years.
Balancing cost and coverage
- Some medical plans offer deductible amounts. That means you pay for part of the medical expense, per the amount specified on your plan, and the insurance company will pay the rest.
- The more deductibles you select, the lower your premium will be. This way, you can strike a balance between your budget and protection needs. You'd be considering any current or medical insurance plans you may have, and what you can afford if you incur large medical expenses.
- Luckily, you can get complete yet affordable protection with our VHIS plans. Our VHIS Flexi Plan offers different deductible options so you can choose the one that works best for you.
Medical insurance or critical illness?
- Medical (VHIS) or critical illness insurance, either one or both? Subscribe to “Your one-stop guide to getting insured”, learn important facts and tips about the two insurance types within two weeks, so you and your family can stay protected.
- Tax reliefEnjoy tax relief[@taxdeductionvhis], with a maximum annual deduction of HKD8,000 in qualifying premiums for each insured person
- Family premium discountEnjoy 10% off your premium when you apply as a family—including immediate and extended members[@familymembersapplicationdefinition]—or if they're already insured persons under the policy
- Change your annual deductible for your retirement needsYou'll be offered a one-time choice to remove or decrease your deductible at age[@lastbirthdaydefinition] 55 or every 5 years after that without underwriting—which means you'll pay less out of pocket when you make a claim during retirement
- Enjoy Medical Concierge Service[@medical-concierge-service]Get assistance from our Medical Concierge Consultant on making medical appointments and handling insurance-related documentation; enjoy free limousine service (Diamond level)
Award-winning medical coverage
Our HSBC VHIS Flexi plan received a 5-star rating and a 10/10 score on Medical Coverage in 2022 from 10Life, an insurance information and comparison platform.
- 10/10 score on Medical Coverage for Private Ward
- 10/10 score on Medical Coverage for Semi-Private Ward
- 10/10 score on Medical Coverage for Ward
How to apply
To apply for our VHIS Flexi Plan, you'll need to meet these requirements:
- the policyholder is aged[@lastbirthdaydefinition] between 18 and 80 years
- the insured person is aged[@lastbirthdaydefinition] between 15 days and 80 years
Applying online? Here's what you need to have on hand:
- an existing HSBC HKD bank account or HKD credit card
- your personal details and that of the proposed insured person's, such as HKID or birth certificate number, mobile number and email address
- the proposed insured person's medical history records
The HSBC VHIS Flexi Plan is a life insurance plan underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited ("HSBC Life"). It is not equivalent or similar to a bank deposit. Policyholders are subject to HSBC Life's credit risk.
Policy provisions and certification numbers
Get started with a quote now. If you have any questions, you can ask us via Live Chat. We're available from 10:30am to 10:00pm, Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays).
Other ways to apply
Already an HSBC Online Banking customer?
Find out more
What is the difference between the HSBC VHIS Standard and Flexi plans?
Will I get medical coverage under VHIS plans even if I contracted COVID-19?
Can I change my plan type or level after my policy has come into effect?
You may also be interested in
HSBC VHIS Standard Plan
An essential standard voluntary health insurance plan offering annual benefits of up to HKD420,000 to cover your basic healthcare needs and tax savings
Medical and critical illness insurance
Safeguard yourself against unexpected medical expenses and critical illnesses
Outpatient Care Insurance Plan
Take care of your family's wellbeing without having to worry about high outpatient visit costs
HSBC Swift Guard Critical Illness Plan
Extensive coverage against 76 critical illnesses including cancer, heart disease and stroke and 4 conditions—plus a full premium refund[@totalbasicplanpremiumpaid4] if no claims are made by the end of the policy term
The HSBC VHIS Flexi Plan is a life insurance plan underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited ("HSBC Life") which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority ("IA") to carry on long-term insurance business in the Hong Kong SAR. It is not a bank deposit or bank savings plan. Please refer to the product brochure for detailed features and the policy provisions for the detailed terms and conditions.
HSBC Life is incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability, and is one of the HSBC Group's insurance underwriting subsidiaries. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ('HSBC') is registered in accordance with the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41 of the Laws of Hong Kong) as an agency of HSBC Life for the distribution of life insurance products in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. This product is a product of HSBC Life but not HSBC and it is intended only for sale in the Hong Kong SAR. Your benefit is subject to the credit risk of HSBC Life. Your premiums paid will form part of HSBC Life's assets. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against HSBC Life only.
In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between HSBC and you out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, HSBC is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with you; however, any dispute over the contractual terms of the above insurance product should be resolved between HSBC Life and you directly.