The information shown in this website is neither a recommendation, an offer, nor a solicitation for any investment product or service. Investment involves risk. You should carefully consider whether any investment product or service mentioned herein is appropriate for you in view of your personal circumstances. Past performance is no guide to future performance. Investors should refer to the individual product explanatory memorandum or offering document for further details and risks involved. The price of investment products may move up or down. Losses may be incurred as well as profits made as a result of buying and selling investment products.
Bonds / Certificates of Deposit (CD) Risk Disclosure
- Bonds and CD are mainly for medium to long term investment, not for short term speculation. You should be prepared to invest your funds in Bonds/CD for the full investment tenor; you could lose part or all of your investment if you choose to sell Bonds/CD prior to maturity.
- It is the issuer to pay interest and repay principal of Bonds/CD. If the issuer defaults, the holder of Bonds/CD may not be able to receive back the interest and principal. The holder of Bonds/CD bears the credit risk of the issuer and has no recourse to HSBC unless HSBC is the issuer itself.
- Indicative price of Bonds/CD are available and Bond/CD price do fluctuate when market changes. Factors affecting market price of Bonds/CD include, and are not limited to, fluctuations in Interest Rates, Credit Spreads, and Liquidity Premiums. The fluctuation in yield generally has a greater effect on prices of longer tenor Bonds/CD. There is an inherent risk that losses may be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling Bonds/CD.
- If you wish to sell Bonds/CDs, HSBC may repurchase it based on the prevailing market price under normal market circumstances, but the selling price may differ from the original buying price due to changes in market conditions.
- There may be exchange rate risks if you choose to convert payments made on Bonds/CD to your home currency.
- The secondary market for Bonds/CD may not provide significant liquidity or may trade at prices based on the prevailing market conditions and may not be in line with the expectations of holders of Bonds/CD.
- If Bonds/CD are early redeemed, you may not be able to enjoy the same rates of return when you re-invest the funds in other investments.
Renminbi Related Products Risk Disclosure
- There may be exchange rate risks if you choose to convert payments made on Bonds/CDs to your home currency.
- Renminbi debt instruments are subject to interest rate fluctuations, which may adversely affect the return and performance of the renminbi products.
- Renminbi products may suffer significant losses in liquidating the underlying investments if such investments do not have an active secondary market and their prices have large bid/ offer spreads.
- You could lose part or all of your investment if you choose to sell you renminbi bonds prior to maturity.
- CPI (if denominated in renminbi) will be denominated and settled in renminbi deliverable in Hong Kong, which is different from that of renminbi deliverable in Mainland China. You should carefully consider whether any investment products or services mentioned herein are appropriate for you in view of your investment experience, objectives, financial resources and circumstances.
You should carefully consider whether any investment products or services mentioned herein are appropriate for you in view of your investment experience, objectives, financial resources and circumstances.
The information contained in the website does not constitute an offer for the purchase or sale of any investment products.