IMPORTANT RISK WARNINGExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
- Bonds are an investment product. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in bonds unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
- Bonds / Certificates of Deposit (CDs) are not equivalent to time deposits.
- CDs are not protected deposits, and they are NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
- Issuer's Risk - you rely on the issuer's creditworthiness. Bonds/CDs are subject to both the actual and perceived measures of creditworthiness of the issuer. There is no assurance of protection against a default by the issuer in respect of the repayment obligations. In the worst case scenario (e.g. insolvency of the issuer), you might not be able to recover the principal and coupon, if applicable, and the potential maximum loss could be 100% of invested amount and no coupon received.
- Additional risks are disclosed in the Risk Disclosure section. Please refer to it for details.
Renminbi Bonds / Certificates of Deposit
With over 20 types of Renminbi Bonds / CD available you can target potential growth as the renminbi becomes more internationalised.
- Get access to the rapidly growing renminbi offshore markets via direct investment in dim sum bonds / CD
- A range of quality bonds issued by governments, quasi government bodies, corporations and other issuers with tenor from three months to five years
- Minimum investment as low as RMB10,000
- Conduct your transactions anywhere, at any time, via Personal Internet Banking or our branches
- Waiver on handling, redemption and safe custody fees
How to apply
HSBC Personal Internet Banking customers
You will need a Security Device / Mobile Security Key to log on and apply
New customers or HSBC customers without a Security Device / Mobile Security Key
Manage Your Renminbi
Foreign currency management tools
Help and Support
Risk DisclosureExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
The information shown in this website is neither a recommendation, an offer, nor a solicitation for any investment product or service. Investment involves risk. You should carefully consider whether any investment product or service mentioned herein is appropriate for you in view of your personal circumstances. Past performance is no guide to future performance. Investors should refer to the individual product explanatory memorandum or offering document for further details and risks involved. The price of investment products may move up or down. Losses may be incurred as well as profits made as a result of buying and selling investment products.
Bonds / Certificates of Deposit (CD) Risk Disclosure
- Bonds and CD are mainly for medium to long term investment, not for short term speculation. You should be prepared to invest your funds in Bonds/CD for the full investment tenor; you could lose part or all of your investment if you choose to sell Bonds/CD prior to maturity.
- It is the issuer to pay interest and repay principal of Bonds/CD. If the issuer defaults, the holder of Bonds/CD may not be able to receive back the interest and principal. The holder of Bonds/CD bears the credit risk of the issuer and has no recourse to HSBC unless HSBC is the issuer itself.
- Indicative price of Bonds/CD are available and Bond/CD price do fluctuate when market changes. Factors affecting market price of Bonds/CD include, and are not limited to, fluctuations in Interest Rates, Credit Spreads, and Liquidity Premiums. The fluctuation in yield generally has a greater effect on prices of longer tenor Bonds/CD. There is an inherent risk that losses may be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling Bonds/CD.
- If you wish to sell Bonds/CDs, HSBC may repurchase it based on the prevailing market price under normal market circumstances, but the selling price may differ from the original buying price due to changes in market conditions.
- There may be exchange rate risks if you choose to convert payments made on Bonds/CD to your home currency.
- The secondary market for Bonds/CD may not provide significant liquidity or may trade at prices based on the prevailing market conditions and may not be in line with the expectations of holders of Bonds/CD.
- If Bonds/CD are early redeemed, you may not be able to enjoy the same rates of return when you re-invest the funds in other investments.
Renminbi Related Products Risk Disclosure
- There may be exchange rate risks if you choose to convert payments made on Bonds/CDs to your home currency.
- Renminbi debt instruments are subject to interest rate fluctuations, which may adversely affect the return and performance of the renminbi products.
- Renminbi products may suffer significant losses in liquidating the underlying investments if such investments do not have an active secondary market and their prices have large bid/ offer spreads.
- You could lose part or all of your investment if you choose to sell you renminbi bonds prior to maturity.
- CPI (if denominated in renminbi) will be denominated and settled in renminbi deliverable in Hong Kong, which is different from that of renminbi deliverable in Mainland China. You should carefully consider whether any investment products or services mentioned herein are appropriate for you in view of your investment experience, objectives, financial resources and circumstances.
You should carefully consider whether any investment products or services mentioned herein are appropriate for you in view of your investment experience, objectives, financial resources and circumstances.
The information contained in the website does not constitute an offer for the purchase or sale of any investment products.