Information about your credit card statement
- HSBC Customer Service Hotline: Call (852) 2233 3000 to transfer funds from your linked savings/current account with HSBC (phone personal identification number (PIN) required).
- AutoPay: Direct debited from your designated bank account (US dollar (USD) current, savings or CombiNations savings account for USD credit card) on the payment due date. To enrol, call HSBC Customer Service Hotline on (852) 2233 3000 or visit a nearby branch to fill in a form.
- Automated Teller Machine (ATM): Transfer funds from your account with HSBC or deposit cash/cheque to settle your credit card account at any HSBC's ATM in Hong Kong.
- Cash Deposit Machine (CDM): Make a cash payment through a CDM at selected branches of HSBC.
- Payment by Phone Service (PPS): Transfer funds from any designated bank account anytime, anywhere using a tone-dial phone. Just make your payment one working day before the payment due date. For details, call the PPS pre-recorded hotline on 900 00 222 329. The merchant code of our Credit Card is "18".
- HSBC Internet Banking: Transfer funds from your account with HSBC to settle your credit card account through the internet. Visit www.hsbc.com.hk to register.
- By mail: Send a cheque together with the payment stub to our Card Centre, PO Box no. 73730, Kowloon Central Post Office, Kowloon, Hong Kong at least three working days before the payment due date.
Cheques should be crossed and made payable to 'The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited' or 'HSBC'. Please write your card account number on the back of the cheque. Do not send cash or post-dated cheque.
Minimum payment due
You must pay at least the minimum payment due on or before the payment due date(s) as shown on the statement. For a Hong Kong dollar (HKD) credit card, this is the current due (subject to a minimum amount), plus the overdue or overlimit due whichever is greater. For a USD credit card, this is the full amount of the statement balance.
Fees and charges
- Finance charge: If you fail to pay the Bank the whole of the Statement Balance by the Payment Due Date, a finance charge will be applied (a) to the unpaid Statement Balance from the Statement Date immediately preceding the said Payment Due Date until payment in full and (b) to the amount of each new transaction being posted since the Statement Date immediately preceding the said Payment Due Date, from the transaction date until payment in full. The finance charge will accrue daily and be calculated at the interest rate per month as specified in the Bank's Bank tariff guide for HSBC Retail Banking and Wealth Management Customers for the time being in force.
- Late charge: If the minimum payment due is not received by the bank on or before the payment due date, a late charge (subject to a minimum and a maximum amount) will be levied on your card account.
- Overlimit handling fee: If the statement balance exceeds the credit limit for the time being assigned to the card account, an overlimit handling fee will be debited to the card account on the statement date.
- Cash advance fee: Cash advances will be subject to a handling charge depending on the channel via which the advance is made, where a minimum charge applies, plus a cash advance fee. All charges are flat and shall be debited to the card account as at the date of the advance.
- Returned cheque/rejected autoPay: A handling fee will be charged to the card account for each returned cheque or rejected autoPay if drawn on a bank other than HSBC.
There are some other fees and charges, such as annual fee, card replacement fee, statement duplication fee, etc., which may apply. For details, please refer to the Bank's Bank tariff guide for HSBC Retail Banking and Wealth Management Customers available at our branches in Hong Kong, or visit www.hsbc.com.hk. For queries, please call HSBC Customer Service Hotline on (852) 2233 3000.
Transaction made outside Hong Kong
All card transactions effected in currencies other than Hong Kong dollars will be debited to the card account after conversion into Hong Kong dollars at a rate of exchange determined by reference to the exchange rate adopted by Visa/MasterCard/JCB International on the date of conversion, plus an additional percentage levied by the Bank and any transaction fee(s) charged by Visa/MasterCard/JCB International to the Bank, if applicable, which fees may be shared with the Bank.
Total Account Balance
Total Account Balance (as shown under the transaction summary of the statement) is the total outstanding balance of the credit card, which includes Statement Balance and Instalment Amount Remaining. Instalment Amount Remaining is the total unbilled instalment balance, which is applicable to card accounts with instalment transactions only. Please refer to the statement balance and minimum payment due for payment.
Reporting lost or stolen cards
If you lost your credit card or believe it might have been stolen or misused, please report it immediately via the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app or HSBC Online Banking. Learn how to report a lost or stolen card.
You may also call our 24/7 Customer Service Hotline to report your lost or stolen card.
HSBC Premier Hotline: (852) 2233 3322
HSBC Advance Hotline: (852) 2748 8333
HSBC Customer Service Hotline: (852) 2233 3000
Fax: (852) 2725 7280
Address: Customer Service Section, Card Centre, 8/F, Tower 2 & 3, HSBC Centre, 1 Sham Mong Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
(Please quote your card account number on all correspondence)
Please retain this statement for your reference. For your protection, please check your statement against copies of your sales slips, and refer any queries on billings within 60 days of the statement date.
Change of Personal Information
If you wish to change your contact information, please visit www.hsbc.com.hk to update the information.