Assume repaying a credit card transaction of HKD50,000 by 60 months with a monthly handling fee of 0.18%, daily handling fee is only HKD3.00*
|Monthly instalment principal||Monthly handling fee||Monthly repayment amount|
( = HKD50,000 ÷ 60 )
( = HKD50,000 x 0.18%)
*Assume 30 calendar days per month, daily handling fee is only HKD3.00 (= HKD50,000 x 0.18% ÷ 30). The annualised percentage rate is 4.19% (calculated based on 60 months repayment period)
How to apply
Application hotline (852) 2233 3052
Cash Instalment Plan
Extra cash and financial flexibility to realise your personal goals. Convert your available credit limit into instant cash or transfer the outstanding balance from other credit cards to your HSBC credit card account.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
- The promotional period is from 1 February 2019 to 30 July 2019, both dates inclusive.The Spending Instalment Plan is only applicable to posted purchase transactions billed on the current statement and unbilled purchase transactions during the promotional period, i.e. previous purchase transactions are not eligible to be settled under the Spending Instalment Plan. Other transactions, including but without limitation, cash advances, instalment plans, Octopus AAVS, all fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Cash Instalment Plan/Cash Credit Plan, casino transactions, purchase and/or reload of stored value cards or e-Wallets, transaction at non-financial institutions (including purchase of foreign currency, money orders and travellers cheques), transaction at financial institutions (including purchase of merchandise and services from banks) and wire transfer will not qualify. Cardholder must apply for Spending Instalment Plan at least 5 working days before the payment due date of the relevant purchase.
- It is applicable for instalment amount of HKD50,000 or above. The highest annualised percentage rate is 3.76% (calculated based on 6 months repayment period); 4.04% (calculated based on 12 months repayment period); 4.13% (calculated based on 18 months repayment period); 4.17% (calculated based on 24 months repayment period) ; 4.19% (calculated based on 30 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 36 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 42 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 48 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 54 months repayment period) ; 4.19% (calculated based on 60 months repayment period). The handling fee and annualised percentage rate differ depending on individual customer eligibility. The handling fee rate offered to a cardholder or additional cardholder under different card accounts or primary card accounts may not be the same. Please call us on 2233 3052 to enquire your handling fee and annualised percentage rate. The annualised percentage rate ("APR") is calculated using method specified in relevant guidelines issued by The Hong Kong Association of Banks, and is rounded up or down to the nearest two decimal places. An APR is a reference rate, which includes all applicable interest rates, fees and charges of the product, expressed as an annualised rate. As an illustration, total repayment amount is HKD51,080 based on HKD50,000 instalment amount and 12 months instalment plan.
- To be eligible for 3-month Handling Fee Rebate Offer, an Eligible Cardholder must have successfully applied for the Spending Instalment Plan for transactions made at designated merchants ("Designated Merchants") during 1 February 2019 – 31 January 2020 (both dates inclusive). Each Eligible Cardholder will be entitled to the 3-month Handling Fee Rebate once only during each of the period of 1 February 2019 – 31 May 2019, 1 June 2019 – 30 September 2019 and 1 October 2019 – 31 January 2020. Designated Merchants include Tavalo Kids Living, Panasonic Showroom, Ninki Denki, Impact Medical Imaging Centre, Hong Kong Adventist Hospital — Stubbs Road, Mobile Medical & Health Check Centre Ltd, Beijing Tong Ren Tang Fook Ming Tong Chinese Medical Center, Hong Kong Health Check and Medical Diagnostic Centre, Evangel Hospital, Gleneagles Hong Kong, UMP Medical Centre, Adventist Medical Centre (Causeway Bay), Hong Kong Adventist Hospital — Tsuen Wan, Harmonic Health Medical Centre & Health Complex, Haven of Hope Christian Service, Vio & Partners, MediFast (Hong Kong ) Ltd. , Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees, Prudential Hotel and TSL Jewellery.
- Please note that we will bill each monthly Repayment Amount of Spending Instalment Plan to your Card Account on a monthly basis as a purchase transaction and show it on your Card statement. You need to be aware that only 1% of the monthly instalment principal amount plus full monthly handling fee of Spending Instalment Plan will be included in the minimum payment due. If you fail to pay the statement balance of your monthly Card statement in full, or if you only pay the minimum payment due on or before the due date of that statement, we will charge on the outstanding statement balance a finance charge at the interest rate applicable to credit card as specified in the "Tariff Guide".
- Please note that we do not appoint any third parties to refer Spending Instalment Plan applications to us and will not process any application that was referred by a third party under beneficial arrangement. For enquiry, please call our hotline at 2233 3000.