Activate your overseas ATM withdrawal limit before travel
Before you travel overseas, please set the overseas ATM withdrawal limit for your ATM card(s) or credit card(s). You can set the limit through HSBC Internet Banking, HSBC Mobile Banking, Phone Banking, at any HSBC Branch or through any HSBC/Hang Seng ATM in Hong Kong.
Overseas cash withdrawal with your HSBC UnionPay ATM chip card
You can you use your HSBC UnionPay chip card for cash withdrawal at any overseas HSBC ATM1 except in Argentina, France, Greece, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand and Turkey.
Apart from using your UnionPay ATM chip card, you can also withdraw cash at all overseas HSBC ATMs and PLUS/Cirrus ATMs with an HSBC PLUS ATM chip card or an HSBC Visa/MasterCard credit card.
To use the PLUS/Cirrus network, you can either:
- Apply for an additional PLUS ATM chip card2 by downloading the 'Plus ATM Chip Card Enrolment Form' from HSBC's website or by visiting any HSBC branch in Hong Kong, or
- Link your bank account(s) to your personal HKD Visa/MasterCard credit card(s)3.
We've listed below the ATM cash withdrawal fee per transaction at overseas ATMs4 via different ATM networks for your easy reference:
Cash withdrawal fee per transaction
PLUS/Cirrus ATM Network
UnionPay ATM Network
|Overseas ATM cash withdrawal||HKD40||HKD20|
The transaction fees for ATM cash withdrawals are subject to change from time to time.
Please refer to the latest bank tariffs at https://www.hsbc.com.hk/personal/fees-and-charges.html for details.
- To locate our ATMs in different countries/regions, please visit the UnionPay's website www.unionpayintl.com and select "ATM Query" for more information on the alternative networks which support UnionPay ATM cards.
- Please note that the new PLUS ATM chip card will be linked to the HKD current account of any HSBC integrated account. If you wish to use overseas ATM services with this PLUS ATM chip card, please maintain sufficient funds in your HKD current account before departure.
- After linking your bank account(s) to Visa/MasterCard credit cards, you may access your bank account(s) through the PLUS/Cirrus ATM network. In the event that any particular ATM does not show account selections (this will vary from bank to bank and account selection service may not be available), a cash advance fee will be charged for a cash withdrawal from your credit card account.
- Overseas local bank surcharge may be levied (if applicable).
If there is any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited