Important Risk WarningExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
- Structured Investment Deposit is a complex product and investors should exercise caution in relation to the product. This is a structured investment product involving derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in Structured Investment Deposit unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
- Investors should not make investment decision based on this marketing material alone.
- Investment involves risk and past performance is not indicative of future performance.
- The price of structured products may move up or down. Losses may be incurred as well as profits made as a result of buying and selling structured products.
- This is a structured investment product, which is NOT a protected deposit and is NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
View detailed risk disclosure. Please also refer to the offering documents for further details including risk factors.
Invest CPI - Capped & Floored Floater Deposit
Capital protected investment that offers Periodic interest payment equivalent to the Interest Rate Reference Index, subject to a floor and cap
Features and benefits
If you are looking for:
- Simple and less risky investment
- 100% protection of your capital at maturity while you do not mind to lock up your structured investment deposit for a certain period (e.g. from 2 to 3 years). However, if the Bank becomes insolvent or default on its obligations under this product, you could suffer a total loss of your deposit amount. Please refer to 'Credit risk of the Bank' under Risk for details
- Periodic interest payment linked to an interest rate reference index e.g. HIBOR
Capital Protected Investment Deposit - Capped & Floored Floater Deposit may be your choice.
Product risk level: Low
- Minimal chance of losing a significant portion of your capital over the term of the investment (although this is not guaranteed). Expected to demonstrate minimal price fluctuations over short periods of time.
HSBC Personal Internet Banking Users
Not yet a HSBC Personal Internet Banking User
Become a HSBC Premier Customer
Or visit branch directly to make Structured Product placement.
Why Capped & Floored Floater Deposit?
Satisfy your needs
Meet your foreign currency needs such as paying children’s tuition fees, buying a home aboard, or meet your future retirement needs
Capture wealth growth
Offer yield enhancement opportunity to increase your interest
Enhanced potential returns
Offer minimum interest at the interest floor and provide higher potential returns based on the performance of the Interest Rate Reference Index
How to invest/get started with HSBC
How does Capped & Floored Floater Deposit work?
Click here to view different payoff scenarios
Manage your investments online with HSBC
Make Structured Products Exclusive Placement through HSBC Personal Internet Banking
(HSBC Premier Customers only)
- 24-hour round-the-clock online service to stay up to date with foreign currency market
- Real time market data
How much does it cost?
In general, there are no additional charges on investing Structured Products, all operational, administrative and hedging costs, etc have already been contained and subsumed within the calculation of the return and/or other variables of the Product.
- Not a time deposit - Capped & Floored Floater Deposit is NOT equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, time deposit. It is NOT a protected deposit and is NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
- Derivatives risk - Capped & Floored Floater Deposit is embedded with interest rate option(s). Option transactions involve risks. If the Interest Rate Reference Index increases above the cap, the Interest Cap will limit the upside potential of interest return.
- Limited potential gain - The maximum potential gain is limited to the interest on the deposit calculated based on the Interest Cap.
- Principal protection at maturity only - The principal protection feature is only applicable if this product is held to maturity. If you redeem the deposit before maturity, you may receive an amount significantly less than the initial investment, even if the level of the linked interest rate has moved in a favourable direction, as the Bank will incur cost in obtaining the funds in the money market for the remainder of the deposit period.
- Market risk - The interest return of a Capped & Floored Floater Deposit will depend upon the Interest Rate Reference Index on the relevant Valuation Dates during the relevant deposit period. Interest rate movements can be unexpected, sudden and drastic, and can be affected by complex political and economic factors. The Interest Cap may limit the upside potential of interest return, should the Interest Rate Reference Index increase to above the Interest Cap. You must be prepared to take the risk of earning a very low return on the money invested.
- Liquidity risk - Capped & Floored Floater Deposit is designed to be held until maturity. You should not use it as a short term investment vehicle. Early redemption is only offered twice a month after the initial 6 months. Apart from this, under special circumstances, the Bank has the right to accept your ad-hoc early redemption request at its sole discretion and on a case by case basis. The Bank will provide an indication of the redemption price upon such request. Your return upon such early redemption will likely be lower than that if the deposit were held until maturity and may be negative.
- Reinvestment risk - If you redeem the deposit before maturity, you must be prepared to risk the interest that might otherwise have been earned if the deposit is not early redeemed. Also, you may not be able to enjoy the same rate of return if you re-invest in other investments with similar risk parameters.
- Credit risk of the Bank - Capped & Floored Floater Deposit is not secured by any collateral. When you invest in this product, you will be relying on the Bank's creditworthiness. If the Bank becomes insolvent or defaults on its obligations under this product, you can only claim as an unsecured creditor of the Bank. In the worst case, you could suffer a total loss of your deposit amount.
- Currency risk - If the deposit currency is not your home currency, and you choose to convert it back to your home currency upon maturity, you may make a gain or loss due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Risk of early termination by the Bank - The Bank shall have the discretion to uplift a Deposit or any part thereof prior to the Maturity Date (subject to the deduction of such break costs or the addition of such proportion of the return or redemption amount, which may result in a figure less than the original principal amount of the Deposit) if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this is necessary or appropriate to protect any right of the Bank to combine accounts or set-off, or any security interest, or to protect the Customer's interests.
RisksExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Related productsExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
EligibilityExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Additional informationExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
DisclaimerExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
- The information shown in this website is neither a recommendation, an offer, nor a solicitation for any investment product or service. Investment involves risk. You should carefully consider whether any investment product or service mentioned herein is appropriate for you in view of your personal circumstances. Past performance is no guide to future performance. Investors should refer to the individual product explanatory memorandum or offering document for further details and risks involved. The price of investment products may move up or down. Losses may be incurred as well as profits made as a result of buying and selling investment products.
- Structured Investment Deposit is not regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission (the 'SFC'). The offering documents of Structured Investment Deposit have not been reviewed by the SFC or any regulatory authority in Hong Kong. You should exercise caution when buying any Structured Investment Deposit.