Important Risk Warning:Expanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
- Structured Investment Deposit is a structured investment product involving derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in Structured Investment Deposit unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
- Investors should not make investment decision based on this marketing material alone.
- Investment involves risk and past performance is not indicative of future performance.
- The price of structured products may move up or down. Losses may be incurred as well as profits made as a result of buying and selling structured products.
- This is a structured investment product, which is NOT a protected deposit and is NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
View detailed risk disclosure. Please also refer to the offering documents for further details including risk factors.
Invest CPI - Currency Linked III
Capital Protected Investment Deposit with returns based on the structure you selected according to your bullish / bearish view
Features and benefits:
If you are looking for:
- Simpler and less risky investment
- 100% protection of your capital at maturity while you do not mind to lock up your structured investment deposit for a certain period (e.g. from 3 months to around 1 year). However, if the Bank becomes insolvent or default on its obligations under this product, you could suffer a total loss of your deposit amount. Please refer to 'Credit risk of the Bank' under Risk for details
- Higher potential interest return while at the minimum, you can at least earn an interest close to a time deposit based on the structure you selected according to your bullish / bearish view on the underlying currency pair if hold until maturity
Capital Protected Investment Deposit - Currency Linked III may be your choice.
Product risk level: Low
- Minimal chance of losing a significant portion of your capital over the term of the investment (although this is not guaranteed). Expected to demonstrate minimal price fluctuations over short periods of time
Get the latest Capital Protected Investment Deposit interest rate
Investment involves risk.
HSBC Personal Internet Banking Users
Not yet a HSBC Personal Internet Banking User
Or visit branch directly to make Structured Product placement.
Become a HSBC Premier Customer
Why Currency Linked III?
Satisfy your needs
Meet your foreign currency needs such as paying children’s tuition fees, buying a home aboard, or meet your future retirement needs
Capture wealth growth Capture wealth growth Capture wealth growth Capture wealth growth Capture wealth growth Capture wealth growth
Offer yield enhancement opportunity to increase your interest
Enhanced potential returns Enhanced potential returns Enhanced potential returns Enhanced potential returns Enhanced potential returns Enhanced potential returns Enhanced potential returns Enhanced potential returns Enhanced potential returns Enhanced potential returns Enhanced potential returns
Offer chance to earn a higher return than a conventional time deposit based on the bullish or bearish performance of the underlying FX exchange
How to invest/get started with HSBC
How does Currency Linked III work?
Click here to view different payoff scenarios
Manage your investments online with HSBC
Make Structured Products Exclusive Placement through HSBC personal Internet Banking
(For HSBC Premier Customers only)
- 24-hour round-the-clock online service to stay up to date with foreign currency market
- Real time market data provided via spot reference and trend chart, technical analysis such as RSI, moving averages, support and resistance levels, related FX news and economic indicators
How much does it cost?
In general, there are no additional charges on investing Structured Products, all operational, administrative and hedging costs, etc have already been contained and subsumed within the calculation of the return and/or other variables of the Product.
- Not a time deposit - Currency Linked III is NOT equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, time deposit. It is NOT a protected deposit and is NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
- Derivatives risk - Currency Linked III is embedded with FX option(s). Option transactions involve risks. If the exchange rate of the currency pair performs against expectation at the fixing time on the fixing date, you can only earn the minimum payout of the structure.
- Limited potential gain - The maximum potential gain is limited to higher payout on the deposit less the principal amount, when exchange rate of currency pair at fixing moves in line with your anticipated direction.
- Not the same as buying the linked currency - Investing in Currency Linked III is not the same as buying the linked currency directly.
- Market risk - The return of Currency Linked III will depend upon the exchange rates of currency pair against trigger rate at the fixing time on the fixing date. Movements in exchange rates can be unpredictable, sudden and drastic, and affected by complex political and economic factors. You must be prepared to take the risk of earning the lower payout/no return (if exchange rate performs against expectation) on the money invested.
- Liquidity risk - Currency Linked III is designed to be held until maturity. You do not have a right to request early termination of this product before maturity. Under special circumstances, the Bank has the right to accept your early redemption request at its sole discretion and on a case by case basis. The Bank will provide an indication of the redemption price upon such request. Your return upon such early redemption will likely be lower than that if the deposit were held until maturity and may be negative.
- Credit risk of the Bank - Currency Linked III is not secured by any collateral. When you invest in this product, you will be relying on the Bank's creditworthiness. If the Bank becomes insolvent or defaults on its obligations under this product, you can only claim as an unsecured creditor of the Bank. In the worst case, you could suffer a total loss of your deposit amount.
- Currency risk - If the deposit currency is not your home currency, and you choose to convert it back to your home currency upon maturity, you may make a gain or loss due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Risk of early termination by the Bank - The Bank shall have the discretion to uplift a Deposit or any part thereof prior to the Maturity Date (subject to the deduction of such break costs or the addition of such proportion of the return or redemption amount, which may result in a figure less than the original principal amount of the Deposit) if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this is necessary or appropriate to protect any right of the Bank to combine accounts or set-off, or any security interest, or to protect the Customer's interests.
- Risks relating to RMB - You should note that the value of RMB against other foreign currencies fluctuates and will be affected by, amongst other things, the PRC government's control (for example, the PRC government regulates conversion between RMB and foreign currencies), which may adversely affect your return under this product when you convert RMB into your home currency. The value of your RMB deposit will be subject to the risk of exchange rate fluctuation. If you choose to convert your RMB deposit to other currencies at an exchange rate that is less favourable than that in which you made your original conversion to RMB, you may suffer loss in principal. This product (if denominated in RMB) will be denominated and settled in RMB deliverable in Hong Kong, which is different from that of RMB deliverable in Mainland China.
RisksExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Related productsExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
EligibilityExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Additional informationExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
DisclaimerExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
The information shown in this website is neither a recommendation, an offer, nor a solicitation for any investment product or service. Investment involves risk. You should carefully consider whether any investment product or service mentioned herein is appropriate for you in view of your personal circumstances. Past performance is no guide to future performance. Investors should refer to the individual product explanatory memorandum or offering document for further details and risks involved. The price of investment products may move up or down. Losses may be incurred as well as profits made as a result of buying and selling investment products.