Tenants Purchase Scheme
If you live on a qualified estate, you can buy your rental flat at an affordable, government-subsidised price. This scheme also covers certain families looking to move to an eligible flat on the secondary market.
Borrow up to 100% of the property's value
Take out a mortgage for up to 25 years
Our experts can walk you through the application process
Choose from a range of repayment plan options
With a mortgage of up to 100% of the property value, you can lower the burden on your financial arrangements.
How to apply
Call (852) 2748 8080
Use your Security Device / Mobile Security Key to log on and apply
Arrange to see one of our mortgage specialists
New to HSBC, or don't have a Security Device/ Mobile security key?
- Primary market: buying your current flat directly from the government
- Secondary market: buying from a private owner
- Receive an invitation letter from the Hong Kong Housing Authority.
- Return the application form with the intention money to the Hong Kong Housing Authority.
- Receive acceptance confirmation from the Hong Kong Housing Authority.
- Apply for a mortgage loan by visiting any HSBC branch.
- Sign the Mortgage Deed and Title Deed at your solicitor's office.
- You are now the owner of your current flat.
Primary market: buying your current flat directly from the government
Secondary market: buying from a private owner
Mortgage tools and resources
Related products and services
Repayment plan options
Own your home sooner and save on interest or repay less in the earlier years.
To borrow or not to borrow?
Borrow only if you can repay!
1 Hong Kong Interbank Offered Rate (HIBOR) as at any date means the Hong Kong Interbank Offered Rate for the interest period of 1 month for Hong Kong Dollars quoted by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited at or about 11:00 a.m. (Hong Kong time) on such date. This HIBOR quoted by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited is not necessarily the same as HKD Interest Settlement Rates published by The Hong Kong Association of Banks.
2 Best Lending Rate (BLR) refers to the Hong Kong Dollar Best Lending Rate quoted by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited from time to time.