- From 20 September 2019, we will change the indicative rollover interest rate for the following currencies in the Margin FX Trading Services:
1) United States Dollar(USD):
- Long Position: Revised from 1.50% to 1.25%
- Short Position: Revised from 2.70% to 2.45%
2) Hong Kong Dollar(HKD):
- Long Position: Revised from 0.25% to 0.00%
- Short Position: Revised from 1.05% to 0.80%
Please remember to review your open position and margin requirement regularly. Geopolitical and economic news and announcements may lead to increased volatility of the FX market. Please ensure there is sufficient funding in your Margin FX collateral account(s) and/or reduce the open position size accordingly.
- HSBC Jade Passport is available from 28 August 2019. To learn more, please go to HSBC Jade page.
- With effect from 1 October 2019, we will no longer issue demand draft in any currencies drawn in Germany. Please use telegraphic transfer for remitting funds to Germany instead. For details, please refer to the Notice of Changes.
- With effect from 26 September 2019, eStatement and eAdvice service will no longer be available on the old version of Personal Internet Banking. To use the service, please go to our new Personal Internet Banking now.
- With effect from 16 September 2019, the outward telegraphic transfer services to Nigeria initiated in Nigerian Naira (NGN) will be terminated. Outward telegraphic transfer to Nigeria initiated in other currencies will not be affected. For details, please refer to the Notice of Changes.
- With effect from 1 September 2019, we will no longer issue demand draft in Hong Kong Dollar (HKD), United States Dollar (USD) and Pound Sterling (GBP) drawn in Canada. Please use telegraphic transfer for remitting the aforesaid currencies to Canada instead. For details, please refer to the Notice of Changes.
- Commencing 1 September 2019, payment instructions using the old versions of Telegraphic Transfer / Interbank Fund Transfer Application Form (Form) will not be processed. Please click here for downloading the latest Form. For details, please refer to the Notice of Change.
- In view of the ceasing of the Octopus Rewards Conversion Scheme, relevant provisions in relation to the Scheme will be removed from the RewardCash Programme Terms and Conditions from 23 August 2019.
Please click here to read the Notice of Change for details.
- New arrangement of statement delivery
Starting from 20 July 2019, we will streamline the generation and delivery of Securities Margin Trading Services/ Investment Financing account - composite statements (daily). You will receive the statement only when there is any movement in your investment holdings, cash positions or any transactions pending for settlement, in addition to your monthly statement.
- With effect from 1 September 2019, Bill payment (including Charity Donation), eBill and eReceipt service will no longer be available on the old version of Personal Internet Banking. To use the service, please go to our new Personal Internet Banking now.
- Effective 1 August 2019, HSBC will no longer accept paper forms for instructions to add new payees or to change a transfer limit to a registered payee. These requests must now be submitted using Personal Internet Banking or the HSBC Mobile Banking app. If successful, you will see your new payee and/or the new transfer limit on the Move Money page of Personal Internet banking or the Transfers section of the HSBC Mobile Banking app within 2 working days. We will no longer send you a confirmation letter when the request is complete. If your request is unsuccessful, we will notify you by SMS.
- Starting from 1 Aug 2019, the notes exchange services covering both ‘Bank Buy’ and ‘Bank Sell’ for Saudi Arabian Riyal (SAR), Brunei Dollar (BND) and Bahraini Dinar (BHD) currencies will be terminated at our branches.
- Due to the annual vehicle inspection of the Mobile Branch, the service of Mobile Branch will be suspended on 22 & 23 July 2019. Please click here for details.
- With effect from 2 August 2019 (the "Effective Date"), the proportion of interest and principal in each monthly repayment for Personal Instalment Loan (the "Loan") drawdown or redraw will be calculated according to the Straight-line method. For any Loan drawn down or redrawn before the Effective Date, the proportion of interest and principal in each monthly repayment will continue to be calculated according to the Rule of 78. For details, please refer to the Notice of Change.
- Commencing 1 July 2019, all bonds issued by HSBC and its subsidiaries will no longer be considered Eligible Asset for Secured Credit Facility. Effective limit generated from the affected bonds will be readjusted to zero on the effective date. Please click here for the list of affected bonds.
- Starting from 30 June 2019, we will be extending contactless payment function to all new, replacement and renewal cards of HSBC UnionPay Dual Currency Diamond Credit Card, HSBC UnionPay Dual Currency Credit Card, HSBC Gold MasterCard and HSBC MasterCard by phases to provide you with added convenience.
- With effect from 20 June, 2019, domestic interbank transfers and the standing instructions feature will no longer be available on the old version of Personal Internet Banking. To make a transfer or set up a standing instruction/recurring payment, please go to our new Personal Internet Banking now.
- Due to the annual vehicle inspection of the Mobile Branch, the service of Mobile Branch will be suspended on 14 May 2019. Please click here for details.
- Changes to the RewardCash Programme Terms and Conditions will take effect from 1 Apr 2019. For details, please refer to the Notice of Change.
- Before confirming a transfer or deposit of funds to a third party in Hong Kong, please verify the account number / mobile number / email address / FPS Identifier and partially-masked name (if available) of your payee carefully. In case any funds are deposited to a wrong account by mistake, please contact us for assistance as soon as possible. We will help you contact the payee to return the funds provided that all the necessary information is received by us. If the payee refuses to do so, you may consider reporting the case to the Police or seek independent legal advice to recover the funds, if necessary. On the other hand, if you have received any funds from an unknown source, please report the matter to us immediately.
- Commencing May 2019, if you are receiving paper statements, we will send both Integrated Account Statement and the linked Investment Services – Composite Statement (account number ending in -380 only) in a single envelope if the recipient name(s), Hong Kong correspondence address and statement issue date are the same.
- Please note that the existing Integrated Account Terms and Conditions, Securities Account Terms and Conditions, Unit Trusts Account Terms and Conditions, Overseas Securities Service Terms and Conditions, Terms and Conditions for Securities Margin Trading Services and Terms and Conditions for HSBC Internet Banking will be updated with effect from 6 April 2019. For details, please refer to the Notice of Changes.
- The fee for stop payment order for paper cheque and e-Cheque (via branches) will be revised from HK$100 to HK$150 with effect from 1 May 2019.
- Please note the following term on staff’s remuneration will be added to the Terms and Conditions of these products, effective on 22 Feb 2019: Personal Instalment Loan, Personal Instalment Loan Balance Consolidation Program, Revolving Credit Facilities, Cash Instalment Plan, and Cash Credit Plan.
The remuneration for our sales staff is determined based on the staff's overall performance with reference to a wide range of factors, and is not determined solely on his financial performance. Sales staff's remuneration is subject to review from time to time, for the purpose of encouraging the building of deep, long-lasting and mutually valuable relationships with customers.”
If you are using our Revolving Credit Facility, you will be bound by the amendment unless you cancel the facility or terminate the related account before the date on which the amendment takes effect. If you are using the other respective products, you will be bound by the amendment unless you fully repay your loan before the date on which the amendment takes effect.
- Please note the following term on staff’s remuneration will be added to the Terms and Conditions of these products, effective on 1 Feb 2019: Spending Instalment Plan, and Personal Overdraft.
The remuneration for our sales staff is determined based on the staff’s overall performance with reference to a wide range of factors, and is not determined solely on his financial performance. Sales staff’s remuneration is subject to review from time to time, for the purpose of encouraging the building of deep, long-lasting and mutually valuable relationships with customers."
If you are using our Personal Overdraft, you will be bound by the amendment unless you cancel the facility or terminate the related account before the date on which the amendment takes effect. If you are using the other respective products, you will be bound by the amendment unless you fully repay your loan before the date on which the amendment takes effect.
- HSBC WARNS AGAINST BOGUS COMMUNICATIONS THAT CLAIM TO BE FROM HSBC
- The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited would like to alert its customers on bogus communications that claim to be from HSBC. (eg fraudulent telephone calls, voice messages, emails, SMS and communications in other formats)
- Customers are reminded not to provide any personal information to unsolicited callers. If customers are concerned they may have disclosed their personal details to any suspicious third parties, or want to identify whether the communication is from our bank they should call the HSBC Personal Banking Hotline at 2233 3000 or report to the Police.
- Techniques such as voice message phone calls or fraudulent SMS messages are being used to trick bank customers into calling bogus bank hotline numbers. We would like to inform customers that the Bank has no connection with these bogus communications.
- Suspicious voice message phone calls made from Interactive Voice Response system claiming to be from HSBC, disclosed that there are irregularities detected from the customers banking account or credit card, and requested customer to input personal information or contact operator for account authentication. Customers can know more on tips from our website of how to identify a fraudulent call and what you can do.
- Fraudulent SMS messages purportedly to be sent from a bank claimed that there were credit card transactions conducted using a customer’s credit card, and request the customer to call a bogus hotline number mentioned in the messages to check the credit card transactions. If customers find the service hotline number is suspicious, customer should verify the hotline numbers with the Bank before calling rather than just following the information provided in SMS messages.
- HSBC has not authorised or appointed any intermediaries to conduct telesales marketing activities for promotion of unsecured personal loans such as personal loan, tax loan and credit card. If the caller claims to be from HSBC or other financial institutions inviting applications for personal loan/tax loan/credit card, this is a suspected unauthorized telesales calls.
- If you prefer not to receive marketing information via telephone calls from HSBC, please inform us by calling 2233 3000 or mailing your request to The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, PO BOX 72677, Kowloon Central Post Office, Kowloon, Hong Kong or visiting any one of our branches. Please specify you would like to stop receiving telemarketing calls when making such request. We will arrange to have your contact phone details excluded from our marketing list without charge in 7 calendar days.
- Click here to watch the TV Announcement in the Public Interest (API) jointly produced by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and the Hong Kong Association of Banks and relevant materials to understand how to safeguard yourself from bogus calls purported from banks.