Important Risk WarningExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
- Unit Trusts are investment products and some may involve derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in the Unit Trusts unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives
- Unit Trusts are NOT equivalent to time deposits
- In the worst case scenario, the value of the unit trusts may be worth substantially less than the original amount you have invested
Invest in a Unit Trust Monthly Investment Plan
Start now to realize your dreams with HSBC's unique target monthly investment savings plan.
HSBC offers a monthly investment plan that is unique in the market as we serve you with your needs in mind. Through monthly investing, you can achieve your goal without having to tie up a big portion of your savings upfront, which saves you the hassle of timing the market.
No matter what your investment goals are, you should have in mind how long you are going to save for your plan and how much you want to accumulate to achieve your goal. With HSBC’s unique services, your savings plan comes easy.
Unit Trust Offers
How to invest
HSBC Personal Internet Users
Not yet a HSBC Personal Internet Banking User
How to start investing in UTMIP?
4 Steps to start building your investment portfolio and realize your goals
Step 1: Set objectives
Estimate the amount you need to save in order to achieve your goals, e.g. children education or retirement.
Step 2: How much you can afford
Consider your budget and pace of saving to decide your monthly contribution amount which can be as low as just HKD1,000 per month.
Step 3: Target setting
Our unique target setting plan offers you the option to pre-set:
Your investment time frame OR the target market value you want to accumulate from the investment plan.
Once your target is reached, we will do the rest for you according to your perference:
notifying you via SMS OR automatically terminate the investment plan for you
Step 4: Choose fund
Select appropriate unit trusts according to your risk appetite and needs. The minimum monthly contribution is HKD1,000 per fund.
You can access comprehensive fund information for systematic fund analysis via Fund Express to facilitate your investment decision.
Manage your Unit Trust portfolio through multiple channels
- HSBC Personal Internet Banking: Buy, sell and switch transactions, set up Monthly Investment Plans and unit trust investment performance monitoring, all at the touch of a button
- Phone banking: Sell transactions only at your convenience
- Branch Network: Speak to one of HSBC's investment professionals, and let them help you to capture the latest investment opportunities according to your individual needs
|Unit Trust Monthly Investment Plan Preferential Initial Charge Offer2
||Bond Funds: 2%
Non-Bond Funds: 3%
|Redemption / Management / Other fees||Please refer to the respective prospectus of the fund
|Switching fee3||Up to 1% of the switching amount
|Investment Order Confirmation eAlerts
||Free of charge
||Administration fee of HK$100 per fund transferred
|Termination of Unit Trust Monthly Investment Plan within 1st year5
||HK$80 per plan
Unit Trust Monthly Investment Plan Preferential Initial Charge Offer2
Bond Funds: 2%
Non-Bond Funds: 3%
||Redemption / Management / Other fees|
Please refer to the respective prospectus of the fund
Up to 1% of the switching amount
Investment Order Confirmation eAlerts
Free of charge
Administration fee of HK$100 per fund transferred
Termination of Unit Trust Monthly Investment Plan within 1st year5
HK$80 per plan
1 The Unit Trusts service charges are applicable to HSBC Premier, HSBC Advance and Personal Integrated Account customers and general unit trusts account customers with account number ending with "383".
2 The actual amount of initial charge imposed on an open-end fund subscription order is calculated based on the applicable initial charge offer and in accordance with the respective fund house’s fee calculation logic, which varies from fund house to fund house. This amount may be different from the amount derived from multiplying the subscription amount by the relevant open-end fund preferential initial charge offer.
5 For termination of a Plan within first year of set-up, an administration fee of HKD80 will apply and will be charged against your default settlement account when your termination instruction is processed. This administration fee does not apply to a Plan with (i) target number of months specified as 12 or less and is opted to terminate automatically within the first year of set-up; (ii) target market value specified and is opted to terminate automatically after such target market value is reached which occurs within the first year of set-up. However, if you have opted and received the SMS notification from the Bank upon your specified target is reached and you subsequently made the termination instruction via any HSBC branch or phonebanking within the first year of set-up of the Plan, the administration fee will still apply.
Minimum Investment Requirements
For a monthly investment plan, you can start investing with a minimum monthly contribution of HKD1,000 per fund6, and no initial contribution is required.
More ways to invest
A total wealth management solution to help you build and manage your financial health wisely via an unique unit trusts pricing model
Investment solutions designed with customers' specific goals and needs in mind
Personal Internet Users can access to comprehensive fund information for systematic fund analysis via Fund Express to facilitate you to make investment decision.
An all-in-one tool with comprehensive fund information for systematic fund analysis.
DisclaimerExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Terms and Conditions for Unit Trusts Fees & Charges :
- Other promotional offers on open-end fund initial charge maybe available from time to time. Customer will enjoy the preferential initial charge offer set out above or the then prevailing promotional offer, whichever rate is lower.
- Details of this open-end fund preferential initial charge offer may be changed from time to time at the discretion of The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited in Hong Kong SAR (the “Bank”) without prior notice.
- The Bank reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time with reasonable notice and the initial charge offer may be withdrawn by the Bank at its discretion without prior notice.
- In case of dispute, the decision of the Bank shall be final and conclusive.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall apply and prevail.
The information is not and should not be construed as an offer to buy or sell any investment products, and should not be considered as investment advice. You should carefully consider whether any investment products are appropriate in view of your investment experience, objectives, financial resources and relevant circumstances.
Investment involves risk. Investors should not only base on this material alone to make investment decisions. Please refer to the offering documents of the respective funds for details, including risk factors. The price of units or shares and the income from them may go down as well as up and any past performance figures shown are not indicative of future performance. The information contained on this website is intended for Hong Kong residents only and should not be construed as a distribution, an offer to sell, or a solicitation to buy any securities in any jurisdiction where such activities would be unlawful under the laws of such jurisdiction, in particular the United States of America. Please refer to the Unit Trust disclaimer for further important details.
Unit Trusts are investment products and some may involve derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in the Unit Trusts unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
Unit Trusts are NOT equivalent to time deposits.
In the worst case scenario, the value of the unit trusts may be worth substantially less than the original amount you have invested.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission.
Issued by the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited