Important Risk WarningExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
- Unit Trusts are investment products and some may involve derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in the Unit Trusts unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives
- In the worst case scenario, the value of the unit trusts may be worth substantially less than the original amount you have invested
- The Funds1 invest mainly in Asian (including Asia Pacific and excluding Japan) based assets in both equity and fixed income markets.
- The Funds may also invest in other non-Asian based investments such as global bonds and Real Estate Investment Trusts (“REITs”). The Funds may get the exposure through direct investments and/or collective investment schemes.
- The Funds are subject to the risk of investing in emerging markets. Non-investment grade and unrated fixed income securities are subject to higher credit risk, liquidity risk and counterparty risk than investment grade fixed income securities.
- The Funds may invest in China A-shares and B-shares and may make the relevant investment through Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect and China A-shares Access Products which may involve additional risks.
- The Funds are subject to the credit risk of the issuers of the China A-shares Access Products held by the Fund. When the issuer of an investment defaults, the Funds may suffer a loss amounting to the value of such investment. The Asia Focused Growth Fund may have up to 30% of its assets invested in China A-shares Access Products, 25% for the Asia Focused Income Fund, and 15% for the Asia Focused Conservative Fund.
- There are risks and uncertainties associated with China’s tax rules and practices. In relation to the Funds’ investments in A-shares through Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect and China A-shares Access Products (where applicable), the Funds will not withhold (or will not request the issuer of the relevant investments to withhold) any amount of realised or unrealised gains on its investments in A-shares and China A-shares Access Products. The Funds may further modify their tax provision policies based on new developments and interpretation of the relevant regulations.
- The Funds may invest in financial derivative instruments for investment purpose and may suffer substantial loss if the relevant issuers default or the relevant instruments cannot be realised or perform badly.
- The Funds’ investments may involve substantial credit/counterparty, downgrading, market, currency, volatility, liquidity, regulatory and political risks. Investors may suffer substantial loss of their investments in the Funds.
- For certain classes of the Funds, the Funds may pay dividends out of capital or pay dividends gross of expenses. Investors should note that the payment of dividends out of capital or effectively out of capital represents a return or withdrawal of part of the amount they originally invested or from any capital gains attributable to the original investment. Such distributions may result in an immediate decrease in the net asset value of the Fund.
- Unit trusts are NOT equivalent to time deposits. Investors should not invest in the Funds solely based on the information provided in this document and should read the offering document of the Funds for details. This document does not constitute an offering document.
HSBC Managed Solutions – Asia Focused Series
Reach your life goals by seizing Asia growth opportunities
Options to diversify your portfolio to suit your risk level
The HSBC Managed Solutions – Asia Focused Series offers 3 portfolios for investors with different risk appetites to capture growth potential. This happens through active and flexible asset allocation in equity and fixed income securities, of which a minimum of 70% will be invested in the Asia ex-Japan region. The asset mix can alter when attractive investment opportunities arise.
Leverage on growth drivers and opportunities in Asia
Dynamics such as government policies, interest rates and gross domestic productivity growth may support the performance of Asian assets. In general, low Asian equity valuations and robust Asian bond fundamentals indicate the potential to unlock value.
Income distribution potential3
Asia Focused Income Fund, which targets a monthly distribution payout*, offers potential income to investors by investing in a diverse mix of high dividend equities, bonds, and emerging market debts in the Asia ex Japan region.
3 Dividend is not guaranteed and may be paid out of capital which will result in capital erosion and reduction in net asset value. Any change to such dividend policy is subject to the SFC’s approval and prior investor notification. Composition of the latest dividends is available from HSBC Global Asset Management on request and also on its website.
Unit Trust Offers
How to invest
HSBC Personal Internet Banking Users
Not yet a HSBC Personal Internet Banking User
How to invest/get started with HSBC Managed Solutions
Get Started with HSBC Managed Solutions
Choose among 3 portfolios according to your risk appetite and preference
Managed Solution – Asia Focused Conservative
- Modest global assets for diversification
- Relatively conservative with up to 30% invested in equities
- Positioned to investors who seek opportunities in Asia with a low to medium risk level
Managed Solution – Asia Focused Income
- The Fund may invest up to 50% in equities to capture upside potential
- Income generation focus with potential monthly payout4
- Positioned to investors who seek income and potential growth from Asian assets, with a medium to high risk level
4Dividend is not guaranteed and may be paid out of capital which will result in capital erosion and reduction in net asset value. Any change to such dividend policy is subject to the SFC’s approval and prior investor notification. Composition of the latest dividends is available from HSBC Global Asset Management on request and also on its website.
Managed Solution – Asia Focused Growth
- Relatively aggressive portfolio with up to 100% in equities
- May hold up to 50% in fixed income for diversification and defensive purposes
- Positioned to investors who are aggressive in seeking growth whilst preferring to remain diversified with a high risk level
To learn more about the Funds, Personal Internet Users can go to Fund Express to access the comprehensive fund information for systematic fund analysis.
Other customers can go to “Search UT Products” for fund information.
Manage your Unit Trust portfolio through multiple channels
- HSBC Personal Internet Banking: Buy, sell and switching transactions, set up Monthly Investment Plans and unit trust investment performance monitoring all at the touch of a button
- Phone banking: Sell transactions only at your convenience
- Branch Network: Speak to one of HSBC's investment professionals, and let them help you to capture the latest investment opportunities according to your individual needs
More ways to invest
A total wealth management solution to help you build and manage your financial health wisely via an unique unit trusts pricing model
Build your investment portfolio and realize your financial goals through UTMIP
Personal Internet Users can access to comprehensive fund information for systematic fund analysis via Fund Express to facilitate you to make investment decision.
An all-in-one tool with comprehensive fund information for systematic fund analysis.
DisclaimerExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Terms and Conditions for Unit Trusts Fees & Charges :
- Other promotional offers on open-end fund initial charge maybe available from time to time. Customer will enjoy the preferential initial charge offer set out above or the then prevailing promotional offer, whichever rate is lower.
- Details of this open-end fund preferential initial charge offer may be changed from time to time at the discretion of The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited in Hong Kong SAR (the “Bank”) without prior notice.
- The Bank reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time with reasonable notice and the initial charge offer may be withdrawn by the Bank at its discretion without prior notice.
- In case of dispute, the decision of the Bank shall be final and conclusive.
- In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version shall apply and prevail.
The information is not and should not be construed as an offer to buy or sell any investment products, and should not be considered as investment advice. You should carefully consider whether any investment products are appropriate in view of your investment experience, objectives, financial resources and relevant circumstances.
Investment involves risk. Investors should not only base on this material alone to make investment decisions. Please refer to the offering documents of the respective funds for details, including risk factors. The price of units or shares and the income from them may go down as well as up and any past performance figures shown are not indicative of future performance. The information contained on this website is intended for Hong Kong residents only and should not be construed as a distribution, an offer to sell, or a solicitation to buy any securities in any jurisdiction where such activities would be unlawful under the laws of such jurisdiction, in particular the United States of America. Please refer to the Unit Trust disclaimer for further important details.
Unit Trusts are investment products and some may involve derivatives. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in the Unit Trusts unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
Unit Trusts are NOT equivalent to time deposits.
In the worst case scenario, the value of the unit trusts may be worth substantially less than the original amount you have invested.
The contents of this page have not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission.
Issued by the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited