Your new international travel companion, the HSBC Jade Mastercard® Debit Card, has arrived. With a card built around 12 major currencies, you can spend locally and overseas, shop online and withdraw cash at ATMs worldwide, with zero exchange or withdrawal fees.
Why you'll love it
Your spending in 12 major currencies can be debited directly from the corresponding foreign currency deposits in your account, without any currency exchange. These currencies include HKD, USD, GBP, JPY, RMB, EUR, THB, AUD, NZD, SGD, CAD and CHF.
$0 international FX fees
If you don't have enough FX funds in your account, your debit card will automatically conduct currency conversion to settle the transaction from your HKD account using HSBC's preferential FX rate for Jade clients, with zero exchange fees.
Worldwide free cash withdrawals
Withdraw cash from HSBC Group ATMs and ATMs that carry the Mastercard/Cirrus logo anywhere in the world, for free.
Supplementary Debit Card for your loved ones
A supplementary card extends the benefits of multi-currency and fee-free privileges to your loved ones.
From 12 September 2021
- Earn on every purchase
Enjoy a 0.5% cash rebate on all eligible purchases, alongside the money you'll save with $0 foreign currency handling fee.
- Enhanced security1
Offering greater control and ease of use, you can temporarily block / unblock your card instantly or set a spending limit on your card through the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app to better safeguard your account.
- Spend at your fingertips
We’ve made online shopping simpler for you – you don’t even have to take out your physical card. Access your card information through the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app. You can also add it to Apple, Google and Samsung Pay to make purchases right away.
Want to discover more?
Eligibility: Total Relationship Balance of HKD7,800,000 or more. More details
Manage FX, wherever you are
From your phone in seconds
Exchange currency instantly, 24/7, with the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app, so that before you spend on your Jade Mastercard Debit Card or withdraw cash, you would have exchanged at the best rates.
Set your own exchange rates
You can pre-set your target FX rates online, and we'll monitor the market for you. Once your target rate is reached, the selected amount and currency can be converted automatically for you.
Unlock exclusive lifestyle perks
Go Platinum at Lane Crawford
Fast track your way to a Platinum membership. Spend over HKD20,000 in a day with your card to enjoy privileges such as a 10% VIP discount, early access to sales and free express delivery2.
Get on the green for free
The HSBC Jade Golf Programme offers free green fees3 at 10 international golf clubs in China, Indonesia, Japan and Thailand, with preferential tee time bookings.
Jet set to the hottest destinations
Planning a getaway? A night on the town? Let your dedicated HSBC Jade concierge service take care of all the details. We have inside access to free upgrades, complimentary extras and hot offers at luxury hotels and the most sought-after restaurants around the world. Available to you 24/7, start using this free service as our VIP client4.
All HSBC Jade clients will automatically receive the HSBC Jade Mastercard Debit Card, without any need to apply. Access all the exclusive benefits, with no annual fees.
Have more questions? Contact your dedicated HSBC Jade Director, who will be happy to help you get started.
Join the exclusive world of HSBC Jade
To help us better understand your needs, please contact us to arrange an appointment.
Alternatively, give us a call
How to qualify
HSBC Jade is a privileged and personalised service for clients who maintain Total Relationship Balance of at least HKD7.8M with us in Hong Kong. Terms and Conditions apply.
Total Relationship Balance (TRB) includes:
Apply for a Supplementary Debit Card for your loved ones
A truly international multi-currency Debit Card for your loved ones, no matter where they go around the world.
- Open a supplementary card for your loved ones / children aged 12 or above in a few easy steps on the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app. Supplementary cardholders don't need to visit a branch or hold a bank account
- Provide for the spending needs of your loved ones in any currencies, hassle-free. Simply maintain HKD or respective foreign currency funds in your Integrated Account and your supplementary cardholders can use them directly, with no foreign currency transaction fees
- Worried about over-spending? You can control how much supplementary cardholders spend by setting spending rules via the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app
- Keep updated on supplementary card spending with real-time spend and withdrawal notifications
- Earn 0.5% cash rebates every time your loved ones spend on their supplementary cards
- There are no annual fees, no foreign currency transaction fees, and no ATM cash withdrawal fees when using HSBC Group's ATMs or ATMs which carry the Mastercard/Cirrus logo worldwide
- Apply for up to six supplementary debit cards per principal debit card, if you have a big family
Features & Benefits
Are you eligible?
How do I apply?
What else should I know?
What should I know if I am a supplementary cardholder?
1 Block the card if you lose it, and contact us to report it lost immediately to safeguard your account. When you want to spend on the card, you can change the limit in real time, whenever you need.
2 Offers are valid until 31 December 2021. For location details and T&Cs, please refer to the Important Notes section or contact your HSBC Jade Director.
3 Fees such as buggy, caddy and other applicable fees still apply. Offer valid until 31 December 2021. For location details and T&Cs, please refer to the Important Notes section or contact your HSBC Jade Director.
4 Please contact your dedicated HSBC Jade Director or HSBC Jade concierge service at (852) 6963 0030 for more details. To access HSBC Jade concierge service, simply provide your HSBC Jade client number printed on the back of the debit card.
- Currency conversion risk - the value of your foreign currency and RMB deposit will be subject to the risk of exchange rate fluctuation. If you choose to convert your foreign currency and RMB deposit to other currencies at an exchange rate that is less favorable than the exchange rate in which you made your original conversion to that foreign currency and RMB, you may suffer loss in principal.