Important Risk WarningExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
- Bond is an investment product. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest in this product unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
- Bonds and Certificates of Deposit (CD) are NOT equivalent to a time deposit. CD is not a protected deposit and is not protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
- Issuer's Risk - The bond and CD are subject to both the actual and perceived measures of credit worthiness of the issuer. There is no assurance of protection against a default by the issuer in respect of the repayment obligations. In the worst case scenario, you might not be able to recover the principal and any coupon if the issuer defaults on the bond and CD.
Additional risks are disclosed in the Risks section. Please refer to it for details
Exclusive to Jade Professional Investor clients*, our Dedicated Bonds Services provides access to both primary and secondary bond markets to help you capture global investment opportunities.
* Investing in Bonds is subject to eligibility & suitability criteria
Features and benefits
As a Professional Investor, Dedicated Bonds Services is one of the exclusive products you have access to.
Contact your Jade Director to start taking advantage of this solution.
Investment involves risk. Please refer to the Important Information section below which contains important product risk disclosure.
Contact your Relationship Manager to start taking advantage of our Dedicated Bonds Services.
Upgrade your banking experience. Join HSBC Jade today.
To help us better understand your needs, please contact us to arrange an appointment.
Alternatively, give us a callExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
How to qualify
HSBC Jade is a privileged and personalised service for clients who maintain an average daily Total Relationship Balance of at least HKD7.8M with us in Hong Kong. Terms and Conditions apply.
Total Relationship Balance (TRB) includes:Expanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Discover more about what HSBC Jade can do for you
Enjoy exclusive offerings on FX, stocks, and bonds to enhance your wealth management needs
Unit trusts investment financing
Leverage your initial investment within a wide selection of unit trusts, giving you the potential for maximal yields and returns
RiskExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
- Bonds / CD are mainly medium to long term fixed income products, not for short term speculation. You should be prepared to hold your funds in bonds / CD for the full tenor; you could lose part or all of your principal if you choose to sell bonds / CD prior to maturity.
- It is the issuer to pay interest and repay principal of bonds / CD. If the issuer defaults, the holder of bonds / CD may not be able to receive back the interest and principal. The holder of bonds / CD bears the credit risk of the issuer and has no recourse to HSBC unless HSBC is the issuer itself.
- Indicative price of bonds / CD are available and bonds / CD price do fluctuate when market changes. Factors affecting market price of bonds / CD include, and are not limited to, fluctuations in Interest Rates, Credit Spreads, and Liquidity Premiums. The fluctuation in yield generally has a greater effect on prices of longer tenor bonds / CD. There is an inherent risk that losses may be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling bonds / CD.
- If you wish to sell Bonds / CDs, HSBC may repurchase it based on the prevailing market price under normal market circumstances, but the selling price may differ from the original buying price due to changes in market conditions.
- There may be exchange rate risks if you choose to convert payments made on bonds / CD to your home currency.
- The secondary market for bonds / CD may not provide significant liquidity or may trade at prices based on the prevailing market conditions and may not be in line with the expectations of holders of bonds / CD.
- If bonds / CD are early redeemed, you may not be able to enjoy the same rates of return when you use the funds to purchase other products.
For Renminbi (RMB) products:
- There may be exchange rate risks if you choose to convert RMB payments made on the bonds to your home currency.
- RMB debt instruments are subject to interest rate fluctuations, which may adversely affect the return and performance of the RMB products.
- RMB products may suffer significant losses in liquidating the underlying investments if such investments do not have an active secondary market and their prices have large bid/ offer spreads.
You could lose part or all of your principal if you choose to sell your RMB bonds prior to maturity.