Personal Information Collection Statement for HSBC Mandatory Provident Fund
- The personal data provided by Participating Employers and/or Members and details of transactions or dealings by such Participating Employers and/or Members from time to time may be used for one or more of the following purposes: (i) the administration and/or management of or in connection with the contributions or accrued benefits or MPF account in respect of the Participating Employers and/or Members under the HSBC MPF scheme and Hang Seng MPF scheme administered by the HSBC Group; (ii) conducting direct marketing activities of MPF products and/or MPF services by entities of the HSBC Group as described in paragraph 5 below only if your consent is obtained (which includes an indication of no objection); (iii) improving and furthering the provision of MPF products and/or MPF services (including through customer research or surveys) by entities of the HSBC Group, subject to applicable MPF legislation; (iv) matching for MPF related purpose with other personal data concerning the relevant Participating Employers and/or Members; (v) compliance or in accordance with an order of a court or compliance or in accordance with a law or a requirement made under a law (e.g. the Inland Revenue Ordinance and its provisions including those concerning automatic exchange of financial account information) or compliance or in accordance with any guidelines, guidance or requests given or issued by the Inland Revenue Department including those concerning automatic exchange of financial account information.
- Failure to provide your information may result in us being unable to process your application or perform the services you request.
- Personal data held by us relating to a Participating Employer and/or Member will be kept confidential but such information may be provided by us or any of our service providers to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph 1:- (i) any regulators or government authorities in any jurisdiction; (ii) any service provider, agent or contractor who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, data processing, matching, storage, customer research or survey or other services in connection with the operation of our MPF business; (iii) relevant Participating Employers; (iv) entities of the HSBC Group. Such information may be transferred to a place outside Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
- You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data held by us. Request should be addressed to: The Data Protection Officer, HSBC Provident Fund Trustee (Hong Kong) Limited, c/o The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, PO Box 73770, Kowloon Central Post Office.
- We, entities of the HSBC Group, intend to use your personal data in direct marketing of MPF products and/or MPF services, and we require your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that:
(i) your name, contact details, other products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data held by us from time to time may be used in direct marketing; and
(ii) the MPF products and/or MPF services offered by entities of the HSBC Group may be marketed.
If you do not wish us to use your personal data in direct marketing as described in paragraph 5 above, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us.
- No person other than you and us will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Note: In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
on behalf of HSBC Provident Fund Trustee (Hong Kong) Limited
Version: January 2020