About this service
The No Fixed Address service from HSBC is a banking solution for people who are unable to provide a residential address for opening an account. We offer a Hong Kong Dollar Statement Savings account, which can be used to receive a salary or benefits and offers the account holder a more secure way of protecting their money from loss or theft.
You can use this service if you:
- are a Hong Kong resident;
- are 18 years old or over;
- do not have a fixed address; and
- have been referred by an non-governmental organisation (NGO) listed in this website
- Hong Kong Identity Card (HKID)
Referral letter from a listed NGO
|How to open a Hong Kong Dollar Statement Savings account with the No Fixed Address Service|
1. First, contact one of the following NGOs for support:
- Christian Concern for the Homeless Association
- Society for Community Organization
- St. James' Settlement
- The Salvation Army
- Impact HK
2. Tell the NGO why you need banking services (e.g. to receive a salary, to receive government allowances, or for savings).
3. After at least 4 weeks of building a relationship with you, the NGO will give you a referral letter (with your full name, HKID no, relationship with the NGO and reason for opening an account).
4. With your NGO support worker, bring the referral letter and your HKID to one of our designated branches to open an account. The support worker will also need to show their HKID and work ID.
5. Our designated staff will take you through the account opening process and register the NGO address as your residential and correspondence address. (We'll do the same if you live in a subdivided flat and can't receive mail at your address.)
6 If your account is approved, we'll send your ATM card, PIN and any correspondence to the NGO address.
7. You can collect your bank correspondence every time you visit or receive support from the NGO.
We will waive our usual charges for new and existing customers:
- providing paper statements
- handling a 'request for banker’s report for account address confirmation'
- providing an account history report (for Passbook Savings Accounts and Time Deposits only)
- providing copies of statements and other advices
- setting up standing instructions (given at a branch)
- replacing your passbook
- closing your account (lost passbook)
- replacing your ATM card
Please note that this information is for reference only. We may ask the applicant and the NGO to provide supplementary documents as necessary. HSBC will have the final decision on whether or not to approve the application.
If you secure accommodation later, you can contact the bank to amend the address of the account to your current address.
You can also download our “Opening a bank account with no fixed address” leaflet.
Find the most convenient location where we can help you with No Fixed Address Services