Renminbi Savings Account1
Save flexibly and manage your renminbi in ways to suit you, while earning interest on your balance.
- Access your money 24 hours a day using your ATM card, via phone or online
- Complete your transactions with renminbi transfer, exchange and remittances services
- Earn bonus interest2 on your account if your Total Relationship Balance is HKD1,000,000 or above
- Set up standing instructions3 to complete regular remittances automatically
- Personalised service at HSBC branches in Hong Kong and China
Manage Your Deposits
Renminbi Time Deposit
Convenient renminbi services make it easy to maintain ties to China while earning higher interest for depositing your savings for a fixed term.
Help and Support
NotesExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
- All customers can open an Renminbi savings account at HSBC branches in Hong Kong. HSBC Premier customers can also apply for Renminbi savings service via our 24-hour manned phonebanking service. No delegation arrangement is allowed for Renminbi accounts. Renminbi notes deposit and withdrawal service accepts Renminbi notes of RMB50 denomination or above only.
- The balance of Renminbi savings account will be included in the calculation of the Total Relationship Balance. Bonus interest rate will be applied if the customer's Total Relationship Balance is over HKD1 million. When calculating the credit limit of secured HKD overdraft for HSBC Premier, HSBC Advance or Personal Integrated Account customers, the current advance ratio of Renminbi deposits is 90%. The use of secured overdraft is subject to the relevant terms and conditions.
- HSBC Premier customers can also set up standing instructions via our 24-hour phonebanking service.
Risk DisclosureExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Currency conversion risk - the value of your renminbi deposit will be subject to the risk of exchange rate fluctuation. If you choose to convert your renminbi deposit to other currencies at an exchange rate that is less favorable than the exchange rate in which you made your original conversion to renminbi, you may suffer loss in principal.