Life insurance products
HSBC FirstSave Insurance Plan
Apply online to get guaranteed policy returns of up to 110% of the premium paid after 5 years.
Spread your payments over 2 years. Pay using an HSBC bank account or credit card if you apply online.
Underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited (“the Company”). T&C apply. Subject to credit risk of the Company. Early policy surrender may result in a loss. Returns may vary with different payment mode and application channel.
Term Life Insurance
With HSBC Term Protector, you can get covered for up to HKD5 million to help pay for medical expenses or to protect your loved ones if the worst happens. Enjoy additional cancer protection for up to HKD 2.5 million with HSBC Cancer Term Protector.
Apply online and enjoy 2 months premium waiver with promo code FREE2M. T&C apply.
Underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited.
HSBC TargetSave RMB Insurance Plan
Apply online to grow your Renminbi ("RMB") savings from a single premium and receive 125% of your premium paid in 5 years (4.56% guaranteed return per year).
Underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited ("the Company"). T&C apply. Subject to credit risk of the Company. Early policy surrender may result in a loss.
Call to apply for designated plans
Fulfil the promises you have made to your loved ones with HSBC Life.
Call HSBC Life’s Application Hotline 2233 3130 to learn more about Mortgage Protection Plan and HSBC Term Protector and protect your loved ones.
Underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited
Cancer is one of the most common critical illnesses in Hong Kong with new cases rising at an alarming rate*. Be prepared with a combined Cancer and Life Insurance Policy from HSBC Life.
HSBC Cancer Term Protector provides you additional financial resources should you get Cancer or pays your family in the unfortunate event that you pass away.
This is a term life insurance plan with no savings element underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited.
*Source: Overview of Hong Kong Cancer Statistics of 2014, Hong Kong Cancer Registry, Hospital Authority.
- A choice of coverage up to HKD2,500,00036
- If you get Early Stage Cancer34 or Carcinoma-in-situ (‘CIS’)34, access up to 20% of your Sum Insured and pay no more premiums
- If you get Cancer34,35 or pass away35, 100% of your Sum Insured will be paid
- Premium payments are fixed for the first 10 years and will be adjusted every 10 policy years
- Life cover up to age17 of 80
- Get a quote and apply online in less than 5 minutes
Simple Term Life Insurance. Get a great price. No medical examinations.
This is a term life insurance plan with no savings element underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited.
- Apply for up to HKD 5,000,000 of sum insured2 online less than 5 minutes.
- Remain covered up to the Age1 of 80, no matter what happens to your health.
- Convert5 to an available whole of life or endowment plan without further health checks before the Age1 of 60.
Note: HSBC Term Protector is not equivalent or similar to any kind of deposit.
While today’s outlook may be clear, tomorrow is a promise that is yet to be kept. Be confident that whatever challenge life presents, Family Goal is a 3-in-1 solution that offers peace of mind for different stages of life.
HSBC Family Goal Insurance Plan is a whole of life insurance plan underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited.
• Whole of life insurance coverage;
• Potential long-term savings growth; and
• Supplementary benefits to ensure you are well protected for unexpected events.
Plan for you and your family’s future with our life insurance plan with a savings element. This plan enables you to achieve your goals by providing you comprehensive lifetime cover and guaranteed long-term savings.
This is a whole of life insurance plan underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited.
Why choose WholeLife Protection Plan?
- Life insurance protection upto the age of 991
- Guaranteed cash value which increases gradually throughout the policy term
- Annual dividends4 ,if any, that you can withdraw as cash or rollover to boost your policy value
- Fund your plan with a single payment5 or pay over 5, 10 or 25 years, or choose to pay up to age 6517
- You can also choose to increase protection to your family with gradual increase in the sum insured by 5% each year for 10 years or until the age of 501 or 551 (whichever is earlier) without the need for further underwriting8
- Optional supplementary benefits9 at an extra premium for total and permanent disability, major illnesses, accidental death and dismemberment, hospital cash, term protection and female diseases, at an extra cost
Note: WholeLife Protection Plan is not equivalent or similar to any kind of deposit.
Needs and goals can change as you move through life. Our life insurance plan with a savings element that can adapt to help you at each and every stage. You’ll enjoy peace of mind with comprehensive protection while also building a cash fund that you can pay into or withdraw from as the need arises. Withdrawals are subject to Surrender Charge in the first ten policy years. Please refer to “Surrender Charge” under “Details of Charges” for details.
This is a long term universal life insurance plan underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited.
Why choose Goal Access Universal Life Plan (Protection)?
- Financial flexibility to adjust the sum insured10 if your needs change. You may also choose to withdraw cash from the policy account to meet financial needs in special or unexpected events
- Choose to boost your account value with unscheduled premiums
- Earn daily interest – at least 2% p.a. on your account value for the first 10 years
- Enjoy a loyalty bonus on your savings12
- Enjoy additional protection benefits on disability, payor’s benefit and terminal illness at no extra cost13.
- Select optional major illness supplementary benefit23 (advance payment) which covers 60 major illnesses, at extra cost
Note: Goal Access Universal Life Plan (Protection) is not equivalent or similar to any kind of deposit.
HSBC Comprehensive Critical Illness Protection Plan is a life insurance with critical illness element, which provides critical illness benefits protection under both Base Critical Illness Benefit and Multiple Critical Illness Benefit, allowing claims for Critical Illness of up to 200% of the Sum Insured for each of the two illness groups (Cancer Illness Group and Non-Cancer Illness Group).
The policy is underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited (the "Company").
Why choose HSBC Comprehensive Critical Illness Protection Plan?
- Protecting you against 60 Critical Illnesses and 68 Early Stage Critical Illnesses (optional) up to Age of 99 and 85 respectively
- Life insurance protection for whole of your life
- Multiple Critical Illness Benefit enables claims of up to 200% of Sum Insured amount for each Illness Groups respectively (i.e. Cancer and Non-Cancer Illness Group)37
- Payment of annual dividends4 - you can select with flexibility to cash out or accumulate at an interest rate as determined by the Company from time to time
- Choose to pay a single premium38, or 3, 5, 10, 15 and 20 years
- Optional supplementary benefit39 at extra premium for Hospital Cash Benefit, Accident Death and Dismemberment Benefit and Early Stage Critical Illness Benefit
- Embedded supplementary benefits for Unemployment Benefit, Waiver of Premium on Disability Benefit and Payor's Benefit
Note: HSBC Comprehensive Critical Illness Protection Plan is not equivalent or similar to any kind of deposit.
Provide security for your family for years to come. With our mortgage protection insurance, your mortgage repayments will be protected in the event of your death. That ensures your family can continue living in the family home, safe in the knowledge that mortgage payments are covered.
This is a life insurance plan underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited.
Why choose Mortgage Protection Plan?
- Covers your mortgage payments in the event of your death14
- Select the amount of insurance cover and the term of policy to fit with your mortgage
- Fixed premium payment, pay monthly or annually for easy budgeting
- 15% discount for joint applicants
- If your circumstances change and you are aged under 601, you can convert your plan to a different life insurance policy regardless of your state of heath at the time
Note: Mortgage Protection Plan is not equivalent or similar to any kind of deposit.
Life protection plansExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Retirement plansExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Education savings plansExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Savings and investment plansExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
Making claims and making changes
Manage your policy online
At HSBC, we understand life never stands still. Which is why you can make changes to your policy online anytime.
It's easy to:
- check or review your policy details
- change your payment instructions, including your premium payment
account, payment method or payment frequency
- review your claims history
You can also call our Insurance Service Hotline at (852) 2583 8000
Make a claim
Sometimes life doesn’t go according to plan and you’ll want to make an insurance claim as soon as possible.
Simply call our Tele-Consultants at (852) 31280122 who will assist you in preparing your relevant claim request(s).
Have your considered
Private health insurance
Put your health and your family’s wellbeing first with our flexible range of health insurance options.
Hospital cash insurance
Stay focused on your recovery – receive a daily cash lump sum to support you if you’re in hospital.
End NotesExpanded, press enter to collapse Collapsed, press enter to expand
- We consider your age to be how old you are on your next birthday. So, if you are 54 with a birthday in 6 months’ time, we consider you to be 55.
- Without any proof of insurability, the life insured before the age1 of 60 has the right to apply for a new whole life or an endowment insurance plan which is designated by us available at such time for the same amount of sum insured.
- You are subject to the credit risk of HSBC Life (International) Limited (the "Company").If you discontinue and / or surrender the insurance plan in the early policy years, the amount of the benefit you will get back may be considerably less than the amount of the premium you have paid.Past, current, projected and / or potential benefits and / or returns (e.g. bonuses, dividends, interests) presented herein are not guaranteed and are for illustrative purposes only. The actual future amounts of benefits and / or returns may be lower than or higher than the currently quoted benefits and / or returns.
- Annual dividends are not guaranteed.
- The single payment option allows you to pre-pay all the required premiums at a discount. The pre-paid amount after deducting the premiums due will be locked into an investment to ensure the premiums are paid and the projected investment return will be sufficient for future payments, thus you cannot withdraw the balance of a single payment unless you surrender the policy; a surrender charge6 will be imposed on the balance of single payment portion before the refund.6。
- For a policy being surrendered in early years, the surrender proceeds to be received under the policy may be significantly less than the premiums paid. For single payment policy, if you surrender the policy in full or partially through reduction of sum insured, a surrender charge which is subject to change by us from time to time will be imposed on the balance of single payment.
- The amount of Special Bonus is not guaranteed and subjected to the Company’s absolute discretion.
- It is only applicable to the plan with policy term to age 6517or to age 9917. The premium of the increased sum insured is determined according to your age1 at the time of increase. This option is available for enhanced protection option only.
- Optional supplementary benefit requires additional premiums and is not applicable to policy with single payment5 option.
- Increasing the sum insured is subject to (i) underwriting; and (ii) increase the policy expense charge and insurance charge. Reducing the sum insured may induce surrender charge11。
- Surrender charge ranging from 1% to 45% applies during the first 10 policy years. For a policy being surrendered in early years, the surrender proceeds to be received under the policy may be significantly less than the premiums paid and you could lose all your premiums paid in the worst scenario.
- Please refer to Loyalty Bonus under Product Summary in the product brochure.
- Terminal illness benefit will terminate upon the policy anniversary at which the life insured attained the age of 651, payout of this benefit or the policy is terminated (whichever is the earliest).
- If the death benefit is paid between years, the payment will be determined up to a completed month and on a pro-rata basis.
- Unemployment benefit is not applicable to policy with single payment / aggregate premium option.
- For the same life insured, if the total premiums of all of the pending and in-force RetireEnrich Protection Plus, EarlyIncome Annuity Plan, RetireIncome Annuity Plan, Income Goal Insurance Plan and HSBC Wealth Goal Insurance Plan applications or policies of the life insured are more than the guaranteed approval limit of HKD40,000,000/USD5,000,000, the life insured is required to complete a number of simple health questions. And the Company reserves the right to accept or reject any applications for the plan based on the information provided by the life insured during application.
- The policy anniversary at which you reach the specified age based on age at next birthday.
- Critical Illness Select (Additional Payment) is applicable to the life insured aged1 between 19 and 60 who is the holder of the Hong Kong Identity Card or Macau Identity Card. The benefit will terminate at the end of the annuity period or when the life insured attains the age17 of 65 or the policy is terminated (whichever is the earliest). Such benefit is not applicable to single premium policy. Please refer to the policy provisions for detail terms and conditions.
- For the same life insured, if the total premiums of all of the pending and in-force RetireEnrich Protection Plus, EarlyIncome Annuity Plan, RetireIncome Annuity Plan, Income Goal Insurance Plan and HSBC Wealth Goal Insurance Plan applications or policies of the life insured are more than the ‘guaranteed approval’ limit of HKD2,500,000/USD312,500 for life insured who are 15 days after birth to age1 18 and HKD40,000,000/USD5,000,000 for life insured aged 19 to 651 the life insured is required to complete a number of simple health questions. And we reserve the right to accept or reject any applications for the plan based on the information provided by the life insured during application.
- Monthly Annuity Payment means Monthly Guaranteed Annuity Payment plus Monthly Non-guaranteed Annuity Payment, if any.
- Age means age at your child’s next birthday. If your child is 21 now, we consider to be 22.
- The minimum amount of Unscheduled Premiums per transaction is USD625, which is subject to change by the Company from time to time. The acceptance of the Unscheduled Premium is at the Company’s discretion.
- Major Illness Benefit (Advance Payment) is applicable to life insured who is from 15 days after birth to the age1 of 65. This benefit will terminate when the advance payment under this benefit is paid or when the policy is terminated. Please refer to the relevant supplemental benefits provisions for the detailed terms and conditions. Underwriting is required for this Major Illness Benefit (Advance Payment). We reserve the right to accept or reject any applications for this Major Illness Benefit (Advance Payment) based on the information provided by the life insured during application.
- The premium adjustment will be determined in accordance with the Company’s prevailing rate table applicable to this class of Policy and the Insurance Age of the Life Insured at the time of adjustment. Any change in premium rate is based on factors including but not limited to medical inflation, changes in medical practice and actual claim experience at the time of adjustment. A notice of such premium adjustment will be sent to the Policyholder prior to it taking effect.
- The total Sum Insured of all the pending and in force applications or policies issued under HSBC Life (International) Limited for each Life Insured subject to the simplified underwriting requirements shall not exceed HKD5,000,000 (for Life Insured aged 50 or below) or HKD2,500,000 (for Life Insured aged above 50). The Death Benefit equals to the Sum Insured less outstanding premiums (if any). The Company reserves the right to accept or reject any applications for the Plan based on the information provided by the Life Insured during application.
- The policy anniversary at which the Life Insured reaching 80 based on age at next birthday.
- If you cancel the Policy or the Policy is lapsed or terminated for any reasons, you will not get back the premium you have paid.
- The new policy must be a prevailing product determined by the Company at the time of policy conversion and its conversion will be subject to prevailing regulatory and the Company’s requirements. Please refer to Policy Provisions for detailed terms and conditions.
- The Policy Anniversary at which the Policyholder or the Life Insured is of the specified age based on age at next birthday.
- You may apply to exercise this Policy Value Management Option to allocate a portion of the Net Cash Value as of the date of such request is processed, to the Policy Value Management Balance32 provided that:
- This Policy has been in force for 20 Policy Years or more;
- All premiums are paid up when due; and
- There is no Indebtedness33 under the Policy.
- The exercise of the Policy Value Management Option is subject to the minimum amount requirements on (i) the Net Cash Value to be allocated per transaction; and (ii) the Sum Insured after the exercise of this option. Such minimum amount requirements are determined by the Company from time to time without prior notice to Policyholder.
- Policy Value Management Balance means the amount of the accumulation of the proceeds from exercising the Policy Value Management Option30,31 which is allocated to the Policy to accumulate at such non-guaranteed interest rate(s) that are determined at the Company’s discretion from time to time, and less any previously withdrawn amounts.
- Indebtedness is the sum of all outstanding Policy Loans or Automatic Premium Loans advanced in accordance with the Policy plus the accrued interest on such loans as well as any outstanding premiums or payments.
- Please refer to Policy Provisions for the definitions and exclusions of Cancer, CIS and Early Stage Cancer. To be eligible for such benefit, the diagnosis must cover certain organ groups and certain classifications and subject to exclusions.
- Policyholder / Beneficiary(ies) can only receive either ‘Death Benefit’ or ‘Cancer Benefit’.
- The total Sum Insured shall not exceed HKD2,500,000 (for Life Insured aged1 50 or below) or HKD1,250,000 (for Life Insured aged1 above 50). The Company reserves the right to accept or reject any applications for the Plan based on the information provided by the Life Insured and / or Policyholder during application.
- Under this Multiple Critical Illness Benefit, and depending on the illnesses diagnosed, each occurrence can be claimed for once only. (except in the case of cancer, stroke and heart attack where a claim can be made twice if there is reoccurrence of such illnesses.)
- For a policy being surrendered in early years, the surrender proceeds to be received under the policy may be significantly less than the premiums paid.
- Optional supplementary benefits require additional premiums.
- The Maturity Benefit (that is, the amount you will get at the end of the policy term) ranging from 108% to 112% is a rounded down percentage of the Guaranteed Cash Value divided by the total amount of premiums paid at maturity. Such percentage varies depending on your chosen premium payment mode: 112% if you prepay the required premiums by choosing the aggregate premium payment option (only applicable for branch channel); 110% for annual payment; and 108% for monthly payment (only applicable for online channel). You should refer to the insurance proposal summary for details.
- At the policy’s maturity, a Maturity Benefit is equivalent to 125% of your premium paid (i.e. Guaranteed Cash Value of the policy at maturity divided by your premium paid) is payable. For full terms and conditions, please refer to the “Policy documents” section.
- Multiple policies can be taken provided that the total Sum Insured for each life insured for TargetSave RMB does not exceed RMB1,000,000. And the Company reserves the right to accept or reject any applications for the Plan based on the information provided by the Life Insured during application.