Foreign Exchange and Trading
- For investors who are pursuing a short or long term investment strategy, saving for the future, travelling abroad or making overseas payments
- Enjoy the convenience of our 24-hour foreign currency withdrawal service. Our wide network of foreign currency ATMs support 4 major currencies: Renminbi, Japanese Yen, US Dollar and Euro
Not a HSBC Personal Internet Banking user?
Why HSBC Foreign Exchange Service?
Daily FX Market UpdateYou can take advantage of the daily market updates and analysis provided by our FX investment experts to track market trends and make informed, timely investment decisions.
How to invest / get started with HSBC Foreign Exchange Service?
24-Hour Foreign Exchange Trading Platform
Set up a single account, and access to real-time FX trading services through HSBC Personal Internet Banking and HSBC Mobile Banking, anytime, anywhere
• Trade currencies around-the-clock1, with real-time tradable rates on Internet Banking
• Manage all the personal accounts you maintain with HSBC globally on one screen via HSBC Foreign Exchange Service
Pre-order Foreign Currency Service
Currency conversion risk - the value of your foreign currency and RMB deposit will be subject to the risk of exchange rate fluctuation. If you choose to convert your foreign currency and RMB deposit to other currencies at an exchange rate that is less favourable than the exchange rate in which you made your original conversion to that foreign currency and RMB, you may suffer loss in principal.
Foreign Currency Savings Account
Manage your savings across different currencies and earn interest on your account balance.
Other ways to invest
Through our FX Order Watch Trading Services5 HSBC Jade, HSBC Premier, HSBC Advance can set your own target exchange rate and covert funds automatically with your accounts at the designated rate when the rate is hit.
Or select our ForEx / Renminbi Switching Services6 and transfer funds automatically from your HKD account to your foreign currency / Renminbi account (or vice versa) when your pre-set exchange rate and / or frequency criteria are met.
- It will be processed on the transfer date as specified in your instruction subject to the following:
If you wish to process a transfer (exclude USD / CombiNation Passbook Savings) on the same day you place it, please submit the instruction from Monday 5am to Saturday 4:59am or Saturday 8am to 4:30pm. If you wish to process a transfer to USD / CombiNation Passbook Savings accounts on the same day you place it, please submit the instruction from Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm or Saturday 8am to 4:30pm. Please note that same day transfer cannot be processed on 1 January, 25 December, 12 midnight to 7:59 am on 26 December and 2 January.
If your forward-dated instruction falls on a business day on which the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon #8 or above Signal is hoisted, your said instruction may be processed on the same day or the next business day depending on whether the Signal is lowered that day and if so, at what hours. Please always check your HSBC personal internet banking email box for the status of your transaction. The reference to "business day" means a day, other than a Sunday or public holiday, on which banks are open for general business in Hong Kong.
- Major currencies include Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, New Zealand Dollar, Pound Sterling, Singapore Dollar, Swiss Franc, Thai Baht, US Dollar, and Renminbi.
- For order submitted at or before 15:00 HKT on any business day (Monday to Friday, except Public Holidays), the earliest collection day will be the following business day. Withdrawal in cash is subject to the availability of that foreign currency on the collection day at your preferred HSBC Premier Centre.
- Major currencies include Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Euro, Japanese Yen, New Zealand Dollar, Pound Sterling, Singapore Dollar, Thai Baht, US Dollar, and Renminbi.
- FX Order Watch Trading Services is exclusively provided to HSBC Jade, HSBC Premier, HSBC Advance customers only.
- ForEx Switching service/Renminbi Switching Service is available only to HSBC Jade, HSBC Premier, HSBC Advance, Personal Integrated Account customers, Renminbi Savings Account, HK Dollar Statement Savings Account and CombiNations Statement Savings Account customers.
The services are only applicable for integrated accounts, HKD/FCY Statement Savings Accounts and HKD Current Account, except Multiple Currencies Savings accounts or HK Dollar Passbook Savings accounts.
Please note the weekly Foreign Exchange Offer is not applicable to exchange transactions done via the FX Order Watch Trading Services.