Prepare for your next trip!
Enjoy a rebate of up to 1% when you exchange HKD to GBP, EUR, JPY or SGD, and spend with an HSBC Mastercard® Debit Card. OR get a HKD100 cash rebate for every HKD50,000 of FX transactions on other currencies, up to a HKD10,000 rebate in total. Currency conversion risk involved. T&Cs apply.
Banking made easy with FX services that cover your needs
Whatever your foreign exchange and investment needs, HSBC's comprehensive FX services - FX Order Watch, HSBC Global Transfers, FX ATM and FX Time Deposit allow you to manage all your FX needs easily.
Upgraded FX platform for an even better currency exchange experience
With the newly upgraded FX platform in our HSBC HK Mobile Banking app, you can enjoy a faster and more convenient FX exchange journey:
Get real-time FX quotes before making transactions
Capture FX opportunities easily with the streamlined 'Exchange now' journey
Enhanced 'Set your target rate' function saves you the hassle of closely monitoring FX price movements
Keep up to date on currency market with the new 'FX Insight'
Check out our overview of the new in-app FX experience, or log on to mobile banking now to get started.
Discover an easier way to use FX Order Watch and Rate Alerts in the app
HSBC Global Transfers5
Instant transfers to other HSBC accounts worldwide, self-named or third party
Free of charge for HSBC Jade, HSBC Premier and HSBC One customers
How to set up HSBC Global Transfers
Our wide network of foreign currency ATMs across Hong Kong provides 24-hour notes withdrawal of 4 major currencies: renminbi, Japanese yen, US dollar and euro. You can also withdraw other currencies in our branches
HSBC Jade and HSBC Premier customers can also pre-order foreign currencies online and collect at their preferred HSBC Premier Centre
FX and time deposit offer: get up to 11% p.a. interest rate
Enjoy a bonus deposit rate of +0.5% p.a. on top of prevailing preferential rates when you exchange currencies and place them in a 1-week time deposit using the HSBC HK App. T&Cs apply. Currency conversion involves risk.
- The real-time currency exchange service is available 24/7 via HSBC Online and Mobile Banking for all-in-one integrated accounts and HKD Passbook Savings account except during system maintenance hours and special circumstances.
- Major currencies include Australian dollar, Canadian dollar, euro, Japanese yen, New Zealand dollar, pound sterling, Singapore dollar, Swiss franc, Thai baht, US dollar, and renminbi.
- FX Order Watch Trading Services are exclusively provided to HSBC Jade, HSBC Premier and HSBC One customers only. The services are only applicable for integrated accounts, HKD/FCY Statement Savings Accounts and HKD Current Account, except Multiple Currencies Savings accounts or HK Dollar Passbook Savings accounts. Customers can trade via FX Order Watch Trading Services from Monday 5 am HKT to Saturday 4 am HKT during summer time (US daylight saving), and Monday 5 am HKT to Saturday 5 am HKT during winter time (non-US daylight saving).
- FX Order Watch Trading Services support cross rate between any combination of the 12 major currencies: Australian dollar, Canadian dollar, euro, Japanese yen, New Zealand dollar, pound sterling, Singapore dollar, Thai baht, Swiss franc, US dollar, renminbi and HK dollar.
- HSBC Global Transfers is an instant transfer to self-named or third-party overseas HSBC accounts exclusively available and free of charge to HSBC Jade, HSBC Premier and HSBC One customers. Please refer to HSBC Global Transfers Supported Countries/Regions and Fee Tariff for the list of supported countries/regions.