Banking made easy with FX services that cover your needs
Whatever your foreign exchange and investment needs, HSBC's comprehensive FX services - FX Order Watch, HSBC Global Transfers, FX ATM and FX Time Deposit allow you to manage all your FX needs easily.
Enjoy our revamped FX services in mobile banking
We've made it easier to set up FX Order Watch and Rate Alerts in the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app.
Set target rates for your currencies easily, with the right information to help you do it
Track your target rate against the prevailing rate with the new 'Watch status' function
Read our latest in-house FX insights directly in the app, and get a rate quote before exchanging
Check out our overview of the new in-app FX experience, or log on to mobile banking now to get started.
Discover an easier way to use FX Order Watch and Rate Alerts in the app
HSBC Global Transfers5
Instant transfers to other HSBC accounts worldwide, self-named or third party
Free of charge for HSBC Jade, HSBC Premier and HSBC One customers
How to set up HSBC Global Transfers
Our wide network of foreign currency ATMs across Hong Kong provides 24-hour notes withdrawal of 4 major currencies: renminbi, Japanese yen, US dollar and euro. You can also withdraw other currencies in our branches
HSBC Jade and HSBC Premier customers can also pre-order foreign currencies online and collect at their preferred HSBC Premier Centre
FX Time Deposits
Need FX soon? You can exchange the currencies in advance and put them in a time deposit for as little as 1 week to earn extra interest with preferential rates.
- The service hour (excluding the USD/CombiNation Passbook Savings account) is from Monday-Saturday, 5am-4.59am and Saturday, 8 am-4.30pm. For USD/CombiNation Passbook Savings accounts, the service hour is from Monday-Friday, 8am-7pm, and Saturday, 8am-4.30pm. On 26 December and 2 January, the service hour is from 12am-7.59am. The service will not be available on 25 December and 1 January, and when a Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or typhoon signal 8 or above has been hoisted.
If your forward-dated instruction falls on a business day on which the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or typhoon signal 8 or above is hoisted, your said instruction may be processed on the same day or the next business day, depending on whether the signal is lowered that day and if so, at what time. Please always check your HSBC personal internet banking email box for the status of your transaction. The reference to 'business day' means a day, other than a Sunday or public holiday, on which banks are open for general business in Hong Kong.
- Major currencies include Australian dollar, Canadian dollar, euro, Japanese yen, New Zealand dollar, pound sterling, Singapore dollar, Swiss franc, Thai baht, US dollar, and renminbi.
- FX Order Watch Trading Services are exclusively provided to HSBC Jade, HSBC Premier and HSBC One customers only. The services are only applicable for integrated accounts, HKD/FCY Statement Savings Accounts and HKD Current Account, except Multiple Currencies Savings accounts or HK Dollar Passbook Savings accounts. Customers can trade via FX Order Watch Trading Services from Monday 5 am HKT to Saturday 4 am HKT during summer time (US daylight saving), and Monday 5 am HKT to Saturday 5 am HKT during winter time (non-US daylight saving).
- FX Order Watch Trading Services support cross rate between any combination of the 11 major currencies: Australian dollar, Canadian dollar, euro, Japanese yen, New Zealand dollar, pound sterling, Singapore dollar, Thai baht, Swiss franc, US dollar and HK dollar.
- HSBC Global Transfers is an instant transfer to self-named or third-party overseas HSBC accounts exclusively available and free of charge to HSBC Jade, HSBC Premier and HSBC One customers. Please refer to HSBC Global Transfers Supported Countries/Regions and Fee Tariff for the list of supported countries/regions.