We are living longer – but are we living better?
Many people view the general retirement age2 of 65 as a distant horizon. But the gift of longer lives is diminished if our longevity outpaces our ability to enjoy the lifestyle we have come to cherish.
As that special day draws closer, now is the right time to plan ahead for a worry-free retirement. To help you maintain the lifestyle you deserve, HSBC EarlyIncome Deferred Annuity Plan (“Deferred EarlyIncome”) allows you to realise benefits today and tomorrow.
Deferred EarlyIncome is a deferred annuity insurance policy offering features certified by the Insurance Authority (“IA”) to be compliant with its Guideline on Qualifying Deferred Annuity Policy3.
Deferred EarlyIncome is a long-term participating life insurance product with a savings element and is not equivalent or similar to any kind of bank deposit.
With Deferred EarlyIncome, you can receive the following benefits:
- While you can receive a monthly income after just 5 years of payments, you can also opt to leave your proceeds in your plan to accumulate with interest during the annuity period.
- If you are a taxpayer in Hong Kong, you can apply for tax deduction under salaries tax and personal assessment with Inland Revenue Department of the HKSAR for your qualifying basic premiums paid up to a maximum of HKD60,000 for each fiscal year3. For details, please refer to the “Important information for Qualifying Deferred Annuity Policy” section.
Limited Time offers:
- Earn up to $500 extra RewardCash!
Pay new policy’s premium to HSBC Life with HSBC Premier Mastercard to enjoy the offer.
Offer ends 31 December 2020. T&C apply
- Get up to 10% off your first-year premium.Offer ends 30 June 2020. T&C apply
Enjoy tax deduction benefit while you save for your retirement.
When life surprises you, these plans provide you the following supplementary benefits5 (also known as “rider”) during the policy term, subject to eligibility, with no additional premiums. It’s our way to help you experience a hassle-free life journey.
Please refer to the respective Policy Provisions of the Supplementary Benefits5 for their detailed terms and conditions and relevant exclusions.
See How Deferred EarlyIncome works
What's your retirement style? HSBC EarlyIncome Deferred Annuity Plan provides you with a stream of stable income, financial security and flexibility as well as extra protection.
Summary of cover
Manage your policy
Manage your policy online
Access your policy details anytime, anywhere on both your HSBC HK Mobile Banking app and our Personal Internet Banking webpage, so you can check your benefits, coverage, premium due dates and much more at your fingertips.
You can also request for a dividends and/or bonus withdrawal from your policy (if applicable) and submit other service requests on our Personal Internet Banking webpage.
Make a claim
Sometimes life doesn’t go according to plan and you’ll want to make an insurance claim as soon as possible.
Simply call our Tele-Consultants at (852) 3128 0122 who will assist you in preparing your relevant claim request(s).
Have you considered
HSBC Income Goal Deferred Annuity Plan
Saving up for your retirement whilst apply for tax deduction on premium paid for the plan under salaries tax and personal assessment with Inland Revenue Department.
Note: Tax deduction is at Inland Revenue Department’s discretion. HSBC Income Goal Deferred Annuity Plan is a long-term participating life insurance product with a savings element and is not equivalent or similar to any kind of deposit.
Income Goal Insurance Plan
Business to fund? School fees to pay? Perhaps you are simply looking forward to a comfortable retirement.
Note: Income Goal Insurance Plan is not equivalent or similar to any kind of deposit.
Important information for Qualifying Deferred Annuity Policy:
- Tax implication of Qualifying Deferred Annuity Insurance Policy - The Qualifying Deferred Annuity Policy (“QDAP”) status of Deferred EarlyIncome does not guarantee that you will be eligible for a tax deduction for QDAP premiums you have paid. Deferred EarlyIncome’s QDAP status is based on the features of the product as well as its certification by the Insurance Authority (“IA”); not necessarily matters regarding your personal situation. Before claiming any tax deductions, you must meet all eligibility requirements set out under the Inland Revenue Ordinance, while following the guidance issued by the Inland Revenue Department of the Hong Kong SAR. Any general tax information provided is for your reference only, and you should not make any tax-related decisions based on such information alone. Please note that the actual tax benefits of this policy would depend on your personal tax position and there might not be tax deductions benefits if you are not subject to salaries tax and personal assessment in the relevant year of assessment. You should always consult with a professional tax advisor if you have any questions or doubts. Please note that the tax law, regulations and / or interpretations are subject to change and may affect any related tax benefits including the eligibility criteria for a tax deduction. The Company is not responsible for informing you about any changes in laws, regulations or interpretations, and how they may affect you. Further information regarding tax concessions applicable to QDAP may be found at the webpage of the IA: www.ia.org.hk.
- Certification of QDAP – Please note that IA’s certification is not a recommendation or endorsement of the policy nor does it guarantee the commercial merits of the policy or its performance. It does not mean the policy is suitable for all policyholders nor is it an endorsement of its suitability for any particular policyholder or class of policyholders. The policy has been certified by the IA but such certification does not imply official recommendation. The IA does not take any responsibility for the contents of the product brochure of the policy, makes no representation as to its accuracy or completeness, expressly disclaims any liability whatsoever for any loss howsoever arising from or in reliance upon the whole or any part of the contents of the product brochure of the policy.
HSBC EarlyIncome Deferred Annuity Plan is underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited (referred to the Company) which is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority (IA). The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (referred to as "HSBC") is an insurance agent authorised by the Company.
Policyholder's benefit is subject to the credit risk of the Company. Your premiums paid will form part of the Company's assets. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against the Company only.
If the policyholder discontinues and / or surrenders the insurance plan in the early policy years, the amount of the benefit he / she will get back may be considerably less than the amount of the premium he / she has paid.
Past, current, projected and / or potential benefits and / or returns (e.g. bonuses, dividends and interest) presented herein are not guaranteed and are for illustrative purposes only. The actual future amounts of benefits and / or returns may be lower than or higher than the currently quoted benefits and / or returns.
For monetary disputes arising between HSBC and you out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, HSBC will enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with you; however any dispute over the contractual terms of the product should be resolved between the Company and you directly.
Please refer to the respective product brochure for detailed features and the Policy Provisions for the detailed terms and conditions.
3 Tax deduction under salaries tax and personal assessment with Inland Revenue Department from premiums paid under Deferred EarlyIncome shall be subject to your individual circumstances. It is also at Inland Revenue Department’s discretion when your premiums are paid over the premium payment period. Please refer to the “Key Risks - Tax implication of Qualifying Deferred Annuity Insurance Policy” section in respective Product Brochure for details regarding key risk factors.
4 Monthly Annuity Payment means Monthly Guaranteed Annuity Payment which consist of Monthly Guaranteed Base Annuity and Monthly Guaranteed Additional Annuity plus Monthly Non-guaranteed Annuity Payment (if any). Monthly Non-guaranteed Annuity Payment is not guaranteed and is determined by the Company from time to time.
6 Additional Accidental Death Benefit will terminate when the Life Insured attains the age2 of 80 or payout of the relevant benefits or the Policy is terminated (whichever is earlier). Your policy will terminate once we pay this benefit.
7 Unemployment Benefit is applicable to policyholder aged between 192 and 642 who is the holder of the Hong Kong Identity Card. The benefit will terminate on the policy anniversary at which the policyholder attains the age2 of 65 or all due premiums have been paid or your policy is terminated (whichever is the earliest).
8 For the same life insured, if the total premiums of all the pending Guaranteed Approval/Simplified Underwriting Applications and in-force policies of RetireEnrich Protection Plus, RetireIncome Annuity Plan, HSBC Wealth Goal Insurance Plan, HSBC Wealth Goal Insurance Plan II, EarlyIncome Annuity Plan, HSBC EarlyIncome Deferred Annuity Plan, Income Goal Insurance Plan, Income Goal Insurance Plan II and HSBC Income Goal Deferred Annuity Plan are:
- more than the “guaranteed approval” limit of HKD40,000,000 / USD5,000,000, the Life Insured is required to complete a number of simple health questions; or
- more than the simplified underwriting limit of HKD70,000,000 / USD8,750,000, the application will be further reviewed by the Company, and the acceptance of the application will be subject to the company’s discretion.