About the service
Hong Kong has one of the world’s longest life expectancies. Over 30% of our population is aged over 65.
The banking sector has an important role to play in delivering services that cater to elderly customer needs and help them and their families prepare for their financial future.
HSBC is committed to caring for the elderly by promoting ‘age-friendliness’. We have a range of tailored products, services and brochures to ensure that customers of all ages are able to access our banking services, stay vigilant about financial crime and be aware of the legal options available to support them in the years ahead.
Dementia Friendly Banking
Banking made age-friendly
HSBC HK App - Lite Mode
Simpler and easier-to-use interface with clearer and larger font size and icons for your day-to-day banking needs.
Our Age-friendly Banking brochures
To help you bank with confidence and plan for a secure financial future, we've got three handy guides to age-friendly banking.
The booklets are available in electronic format or hard copies in any of our branches.
Managing money when living with dementia
In this guide, you can learn more about safely managing your finances if you're living with dementia. Including:
- Keeping track of your spending
- Remembering your PIN
- Setting things up so a family member can support you
In this guide, you can find out more about:
- Securing your finances for the future with third party authorities, such as an Enduring Power of Attorney, and legacy planning
- Online and mobile banking
- Basic Banking Account with Independence (BBAI) designed for customers with diminished mental capacity, such as those living with dementia.
How to protect yourself from scams
In our most recent guide, you can find out how to safeguard your money from common scams. Get tips on:
- Different types of scams
- How to tell if a call or message from your bank is genuine
- How to report suspicious behaviour
Banking with us simpler and faster
- Community Care CounterProvides you with express counter service. In some of our branches we are able to open up additional counters, or offer you a counter with seat, a meeting room or a cubicle to help you with your transactions and other services
- Dementia Friends AmbassadorsIn collaboration with the Hong Kong Alzheimer’s Disease Association, we have trained Dementia Friends Ambassadors at our branches to assist customers and families living with Dementia.
- Smart SeniorsWe also have Community Care Ambassadors and Smart Seniors stationed in every HSBC branch. They are trained in providing support to different customers in need. If you are having any difficulty in using our banking services, please seek out one of our Smart Seniors for assistance.
- Easy ATMProvides you with larger fonts, more graphics and simpler work processes when using our ATMs.
- Voice IDUses advanced voice biometric technology to verify your identity with your unique voice. You are no longer required to use your phone banking PIN, which makes phone banking safer than ever.
- HSBC Mobile BranchHelps us to serve the wider community by extending our service network to designated locations around Hong Kong. It provides a range of banking services from cash withdrawal, cash deposit, passbook update, funds transfer and more. Click here for the locations and service hours of the Mobile Branch.