WHO is eligible to make tax deductible voluntary contributions?
TVC could be a tax-efficient way to save more for your retirement, with tax saving of up to HK$10,2001 of tax assessment year 2019/2020 (based on current rules). TVC has the advantage of being flexible, as you can choose when and how much to pay according to your ever-changing circumstances.
You are qualified to open a TVC account if you satisfy the following eligibility conditions.
Any person who falls under any one of the following categories may open a TVC account:
- an employee member of an MPF scheme;
- a self-employed person member of an MPF scheme;
- a personal account holder of an MPF scheme;
- a member of an MPF exempted ORSO scheme.
Each eligible person can only have one TVC account under an MPF scheme.
Why choose HSBC MPF?
You can achieve more with HSBC MPF. Both of HSBC MPF schemes are award-winning schemes with Gold Ratings from MPF Ratings 20191. We are also proud winner of numerous investment awards and servicing awards, including 9 Thomson Reuters Lipper Fund Awards Hong Kong 20182 and 6 Benchmark Fund of the Year Awards 20183.
Whilst being a provider charging one of the lowest average management fees in the MPF market, we offer a comprehensive range of service so you can manage your MPF easily. Furthermore, we provide the convenience of managing your MPF and bank accounts under one single online platform.
Furthermore, your MPF balance (including any TVC you contribute) will be counted towards your Total Relationship Balance, helping you to enjoy more premium banking service.
To help you to save even more, we are now offering extra bonus to you if you open a TVC account and make contribution with HSBC MPF! (terms and conditions apply)
More details can be found here.
1MPF Ratings 2019. The awards and rating were based on MPF Ratings’ assessment criteria. For the awardee, assessment and rating criteria/methodology, please refer to www.mpfratings.com.hk/zh/ratings-and-awards/.
2Thomson Reuters Lipper Fund Awards Hong Kong 2018. The awards were based on Thomson Reuters’ assessment criteria. For the awardee, assessment criteria/methodology, please refer to www.lipperfundawards.com/Awards/HongKong/.
3BENCHMARK Fund of the Year Awards 2018. The awards were based on BENCHMARK’s assessment criteria. For the awardee, assessment criteria/methodology, please refer to www.fundawards.asia/hk/result-announcement-2018/.
HOW to open a HSBC MPF tax deductible voluntary contributions account?
TVC can only be made into a tax deductible voluntary contributions (TVC) account, which is separated from your contributions account or personal account.
Opening an account with us is easy and your account can be up and running within two working days1! You may:
- Come visit us in a designated branch or MPF servicing centre. For full list please see here; or
- Call us at +852 3128 0128; or
- Download the application form here, complete it and send it back to us.
1Applicable to existing members of HSBC MPF and counting from the day after all required documents are successfully submitted
Tax Deductible Voluntary Contributions Account Application Forms
Please download and complete the form
- The information shown in this webpage is for illustrative purpose only. You are advised to exercise caution in relation to tax matters and this webpage. It is not intended to provide any form of tax advice. HSBC does not provide tax advice. If you are in doubt about any of the contents of this webpage, you should obtain independent professional advice.
- The information contained here is for reference only and will be updated without notice. The provisions of the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Ordinance, other applicable legislation/regulations and guidelines or announcements published by the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority shall prevail for any information on MPF system. If you are in doubt about the meaning or the effect of the contents of this website, you should seek independent professional advice.
- lnvestment involves risks. Past per performance is not indicative of future performance. The value of financial instruments, in particular stocks and shares, and any income from such financial instruments, may go down as well as up. For further details including the product features and risks involved, please refer to the MPF Scheme Brochure.