Deposits and Savings
What is a current account?
With a current account, you can manage your money and write cheques for day-to-day payments, giving you more flexibility in managing your cash flow and finances.
Other Deposit and Savings FAQs
What are the prerequisites for enjoying Renminbi Services through HSBC Personal Internet Banking?
To enjoy our comprehensive renminbi services through HSBC Personal Internet Banking, you must have already opened a Renminbi Savings Account.
Other Renminbi services FAQs
Change personal info
How can I change/update my identification document (ID) number?
You can visit our branch with your updated ID to make the change/update.
Other Change personal info FAQs
How can I close my Hong Kong HSBC account?
We value you as our customers, but if you choose to close your account, please visit a nearby branch in Hong Kong. Alternatively, you can download the account closure form and return to us for processing:
Please mail the completed form to 'The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, PO Box 72677, Kowloon Central Post Office, Kowloon, Hong Kong'.
The bank account statement will be sent to your correspondence address once the account is closed.
To facilitate the account closing process:
- if you're going to mail the completed form to us, please ensure you have completed the section 'Disposal Instructions of Deposits/Services' if there is outstanding balance in your account(s)
- if you have a Safe Deposit Box with us, please visit the respective branch to arrange closure within 3 months upon your request to close the account(s)
- please refer to the checklist for your action after closing the account(s) to ensure there are no interruptions to your banking arrangements such as regular remittances or credit transactions
- we may verify information with you by phone to complete the account closure. Please ensure you have a valid contact telephone number maintained in our record. If not, please contact us to update your personal information.
If your signature does not match the one that we hold on file for you, your account will not be closed. We will inform you by letter with different alternatives for your actions before we can close the account.
Key reminders after account closure:
Bank account statements
Once you've closed your account, the online statement history will no longer be available. You may wish to print or download any statements before closing your account to ensure your records are complete.
How to activate dormant/unclaimed/inactive account
What should I do if I receive a notification saying my account will be inactive soon?
You can keep your account active by performing a withdrawal transaction with your account.
You can do this via HSBC HK Online/Mobile Banking by logging on using your Mobile Security Key or security device, via a Hong Kong ATM with a valid PIN, or visiting any HSBC branch in Hong Kong on or before the specific date in the notification:
- if you have balance in your account, simply withdraw or transfer funds out of your account
- if your account balance is zero, you can deposit funds in and withdraw or transfer funds out of your account
If you prefer other banking services to better suit your needs, please call our customer service hotline at (852) 2233 3033 for HSBC Jade; (852) 2233 3322 for HSBC Premier and (852) 2233 3000 for other customers.
For investment accounts:
To prevent account inactivation and avoid restrictions on your trading activities, you have to execute a purchase or a sale via any of these channels before the date(s) listed in the notification:
- HSBC HK Online Banking / Mobile Banking / Easy Invest app - execute a purchase or sale only (transfer in or out service is not available via these channels)
- Phone banking - execute a purchase or sale only (transfer in or out service is not available)
- visiting any HSBC branch in Hong Kong - execute a purchase or sale (except local securities), transfer in or out, or complete a form